Recommitted Christian Salem [signs 5 year deal]

Remove this Banner Ad

will be 26 years old in july and i think having a break out year is well past
averaging 18 touches a game for his career as an outside player is not that great

what you see is what you get and that really doesn't make me jump through hoops to get him

will be 26 years old in july and i think having a break out year is well past
averaging 18 touches a game for his career as an outside player is not that great

what you see is what you get and that really doesn't make me jump through hoops to get him
For a hbf those are decent numbers especially one with his kicking skills

if that can be bumped up by like 3-4 touches per game that will be bordering AA type hbf numbers

Take him.

I'll personally drop him off.

One of the most disappointing high draftees at our club in recent times, and that's saying something. He looks like a good kick, but really isn't damaging at all. His legs look to be running fast, but you line him up with a goalpost and you'll realise he is hardly moving. Crashes in and tackles hard when the opposite bloke is 5'8 or smaller, any bigger than that and you'll notice him get out of the way faster than an absent father.

I hate writing negative things about any footballer, as I'm sure he's a ripping bloke and all. But he's exactly what's wrong with the dees- inconsistent, flaky under pressure and slow.

Take him.

One of the most disappointing high draftees at our club in recent times, and that's saying something. He looks like a good kick, but really isn't damaging at all. His legs look to be running fast, but you line him up with a goalpost and you'll realise he is hardly moving. Crashes in and tackles hard when the opposite bloke is 5'8 or smaller, any bigger than that and you'll notice him get out of the way faster than an absent father.

I hate writing negative things about any footballer, as I'm sure he's a ripping bloke and all. But he's exactly what's wrong with the dees- inconsistent, flaky under pressure and slow.

Very nice kid

I’ll preface this with the fact I can’t see him leaving however he is a free agent and if someone offered him big overs resulting in band 1 compo then anything could happen

largely depends on him having a breakout year to capitalise

Lol he won't get anything close to netting band 2 compo, let alone band 1.

I think he is soft and inconsistent. Not interested.

Take him.

Harsh, but hard to argue with this honestly.

Trent Rivers has already gone past him.

Hore and Lockhart probably show more effort than him but are injured. I'd take Salem over Harmes down back because Harmes can't kick as well and is also more versatile, the latter however isn't a great thing for Salem.

He's lucky Hibberd and Jetta are in their swansongs I think personally. He's not a bad player by any means, but think he'll be set being a 11-16th player on the list which is always a spot you look to upgrade on.

If Hunt gets into form off the back flank, Rivers continues his great start, and Hore and Lockhart return from injury, it's actually feasible Salem struggles for a spot in 2022. So many back pocket disposals that look good on a stats line but don't hurt teams. Screenshot_20210327_100658_com.telstra.android.afl.jpg

All in all, I don't think he'd be a great loss to the Dees. Can't imagine a contract where he gets band 1 compo.

Trent Rivers has already gone past him.

Hore and Lockhart probably show more effort than him but are injured. I'd take Salem over Harmes down back because Harmes can't kick as well and is also more versatile, the latter however isn't a great thing for Salem.

He's lucky Hibberd and Jetta are in their swansongs I think personally. He's not a bad player by any means, but think he'll be set being a 11-16th player on the list which is always a spot you look to upgrade on.

If Hunt gets into form off the back flank, Rivers continues his great start, and Hore and Lockhart return from injury, it's actually feasible Salem struggles for a spot in 2022. So many back pocket disposals that look good on a stats line but don't hurt teams.View attachment 1087018

All in all, I don't think he'd be a great loss to the Dees. Can't imagine a contract where he gets band 1 compo.

I wouldn't be upset if he ends up at tigerland

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Take him.

Such a bad take lmao.

He's not elite, but he's a solid B-grade HBF who will canter to 200 games if he stays fit.

Career average of 20 touches, 4 marks and 3 tackles a game. Really not sure what your agenda is here.

J. Kelly, Billings, Bont, L. McDonald, Sheed, P. Cripps, M. Crouch, Merrett, McStay, B. Brown, Sicily, C. Cameron are the players I'd take ahead of him in his draft class. That's really not a bad place at all for a pick nine to sit at.

Such a bad take lmao.

He's not elite, but he's a solid B-grade HBF who will canter to 200 games if he stays fit.

Career average of 20 touches, 4 marks and 3 tackles a game. Really not sure what your agenda is here.

J. Kelly, Billings, Bont, L. McDonald, Sheed, P. Cripps, M. Crouch, Merrett, McStay, B. Brown, Sicily, C. Cameron are the players I'd take ahead of him in his draft class. That's really not a bad place at all for a pick nine to sit at.
As I said on our melb board, credit where it's due after a very very good game last night.

"Agenda" is a really poor choice of words from you. But that's standard critique on here when someone has a difference of opinion to you. He's a player taken in the top 10 of the draft, who's 26 and should be performing at high levels fairly consistently. The trouble is games like he played last night are few and far between and probably counted on 1 hand.

Very good last night, let's see if he puts together efforts like that consistently.

And I'll assume if/when he has poorer games you'll be back on this thread to reply, since it's par for you to do that after a good game.

Think calls that he's soft are a bit over the top. To me he just lacks outstanding attributes other than his kicking. Not quick enough to provide a heap of run and carry, not great overhead, can't really look at him to lock down on a dangerous forward.

One of his best games last night and I know I'm not alone among dees fans in wishing we'd use him further up the field as his ball use is generally very good (can occasionally be a bit safe for my liking coming out of defense).

Would like us to keep him, doesn't consistently star but rarely has a poor game.

Think calls that he's soft are a bit over the top. To me he just lacks outstanding attributes other than his kicking. Not quick enough to provide a heap of run and carry, not great overhead, can't really look at him to lock down on a dangerous forward.

One of his best games last night and I know I'm not alone among dees fans in wishing we'd use him further up the field as his ball use is generally very good (can occasionally be a bit safe for my liking coming out of defense).

Would like us to keep him, doesn't consistently star but rarely has a poor game.
Yeah I can see why some dees fans have a go at him as when things aren’t going well it’s easy to pot the outside players like him

But I’d happily take him over some of the spuds for example that we are rolling off hbf As at least he can kick

Yeah I can see why some dees fans have a go at him as when things aren’t going well it’s easy to pot the outside players like him

But I’d happily take him over some of the spuds for example that we are rolling off hbf As at least he can kick
He always looks like he is running in slow mo so when he misses a tackle or kick it looks bad

But I've always been a fan of him, he is a good player

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

As I said on our melb board, credit where it's due after a very very good game last night.

"Agenda" is a really poor choice of words from you. But that's standard critique on here when someone has a difference of opinion to you. He's a player taken in the top 10 of the draft, who's 26 and should be performing at high levels fairly consistently. The trouble is games like he played last night are few and far between and probably counted on 1 hand.

Very good last night, let's see if he puts together efforts like that consistently.

And I'll assume if/when he has poorer games you'll be back on this thread to reply, since it's par for you to do that after a good game.

From that top 10 he still sits above K.Kolodjashnij, Scharenberg, Aish and you could make an argument about him being better than Luke McDonald too. And Freeman of course.

If I was a Dees fan i'd at least be comfortable when I see it's Salem with ball in hand. Right now in a strong performing team he is pure icing. Not unlike what Grant Birchall was to Hawthorn during our golden run. Wasn't better than Hodge, Mitchell, Rioli etc but thank God we had him.

From that top 10 he still sits above K.Kolodjashnij, Scharenberg, Aish and you could make an argument about him being better than Luke McDonald too. And Freeman of course.

If I was a Dees fan i'd at least be comfortable when I see it's Salem with ball in hand. Right now in a strong performing team he is pure icing. Not unlike what Grant Birchall was to Hawthorn during our golden run. Wasn't better than Hodge, Mitchell, Rioli etc but thank God we had him.
Yeah fair points.

He's put together the best 4 week block of footy in his career, not just numbers wise, but his impact on the game.

His defending had been excellent, his linkage very good and he's ball use has been creative.

Making me eat my words from earlier in the season, and I'm absolutely fine with that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back