Society/Culture Christians are not the victims in the marriage equality debate

Remove this Banner Ad

Same sex marriage is not about “marriage equality” it’s about the loopy left wanting to completely trash the marriage act, to s**t can the traditional family unit and replace it with gender neutral vows. Social engineering brought to you by the same sick Marxist bastards like Roz Ward.

If we want to keep tradition up we should be buying our wives (multiple) with camels and goats

Howard greedily and unfairly made alterations to the marriage act,why can't they be altered again?
More than 10% of all mammals,that includes us as primates,are gay.
The hetero-eccentric right,with their archaic holy books claiming special privileges are ignorant fools.
Claiming special priveleges for the sake of their ever growing minority is confounding to say the least!
Swimming against the tide is amusing!

Don't compare civilized western tradition with the barbaric middle east, leave Islam out of this debate.

Dropping bombs on innocent civilians & murdering them en masse, is also my idea of a morally superior & ethically advanced civilization.

Seriously....Do you even think before posting this guff chum.

If you don't like gay marriage don't get gay married. It's not like it's going to be compulsory.

Just compulsory to accept it. Dare attempt to disagree with it. If you do decide to disagree, you can expect litigation, court orders, enormous fines and one day jail terms. Madness.

Same sex marriage is not about “marriage equality” it’s about the loopy left wanting to completely trash the marriage act, to s**t can the traditional family unit and replace it with gender neutral vows. Social engineering brought to you by the same sick Marxist bastards like Roz Ward.

John Howard is the one who trashed the Marriage Act.

Even did it without community consultation.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

http://www.theblaze.com/news/2016/1...efusing-to-make-same-sex-wedding-invitations/

http://dailypost.ng/2015/07/15/black-pastor-jailed-for-refusing-to-wed-gay-couple-in-us/

That is disagreeing. That is every bit disagreeing. You have a moral objection and you are thrown in jail or have your life destroyed because of a twisted person who thinks they deserve rights, but others don’t. There is no two ways about it.

The gay marriage debate is no longer about equal rights. It is about destroying people’s lives. Gay and non-gay.

http://www.theblaze.com/news/2016/1...efusing-to-make-same-sex-wedding-invitations/

http://dailypost.ng/2015/07/15/black-pastor-jailed-for-refusing-to-wed-gay-couple-in-us/

That is disagreeing. That is every bit disagreeing. You have a moral objection and you are thrown in jail or have your life destroyed because of a twisted person who thinks they deserve rights, but others don’t. There is no two ways about it.

The gay marriage debate is no longer about equal rights. It is about destroying people’s lives. Gay and non-gay.
This is me disagreeing with you. Notice how it doesn't actually have any effect on your life???...

Now imagine I do something to you, based on my beliefs, that does have an effect on your life...

Can you understand the difference now?

Gay couples wanting a marriage license are not twisted... And did not make the decision in order to destroy someones life...

As I said, bullshit.

This is me disagreeing with you. Notice how it doesn't actually have any effect on your life???...

Now imagine I do something to you, based on my beliefs, that does have an effect on your life...

Can you understand the difference now?

Gay couples wanting a marriage license are not twisted... And did not make the decision in order to destroy someones life...

As I said, bullshit.

THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT IT DOES. People who oppose gay marriage – and are put up for humiliation by courts, it has an effect on their life.

If a baker doesn’t want to bake a stupid cake, go take your business to somebody who wants the profit.

Don’t ruin somebody else’s life for the sake of being petty. That is not equality, that is inequality.

People with religious beliefs are humans as well, regardless of how much discrimination you throw up against them and regardless of how much hate you have for them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT IT DOES. People who oppose gay marriage – and are put up for humiliation by courts, it has an effect on their life.
Opposing/discriminating is not the same as disagreeing. But I think you understand that now.

Religion is a choice. Homosexuality is not a choice.
Someone who has a choice discriminating against someone who doesn't have a choice is what you're supporting. And you're frustrated that there are consequences for bigotry.
Religion is not an excuse.

If a baker doesn’t want to bake a stupid cake, go take your business to somebody who wants the profit.
It's not about letting the free market decide... this isn't economics.
We are trying to get rid of homophobia in the Western world. The same way we've tried with racism and sexism. (Religion has been used as an excuse to hold them back in the past, as well...).
It's saying that we as a society no longer accept homophobia.
It wasn't a matter of Rosa Parks just taking another bus, or walking, or starting her own competing bus company... it was about saying that we are equal, and should be treated as equals.

There is no difference in refusing to serve a bi-racial couple, and refusing to serve a homosexual couple, based on bigotry...

If you want to benefit from living in a society, sometimes you need to give a little back.
You can't make a cake for a homosexual wedding, because you oppose homosexual marriage? You've just put more value on a cake, than two people's actual life.

Don’t ruin somebody else’s life for the sake of being petty. That is not equality, that is inequality.
What??
You defend someone who can't bake a cake, because the customers are homosexual... and you're calling homosexuals petty???

How many lives have been ruined by homosexuals in the last 20 years?
How many homosexual's lives have been ruined in the last 20 years, purely because they were homosexual?

People with religious beliefs are humans as well, regardless of how much discrimination you throw up against them and regardless of how much hate you have for them.
Yes yes, the worst crime is to discriminate against people who discriminate :rolleyes:.
Won't somebody please think of the KKK!

We all have natural rights. Speech, religion etc... until they have a negative impact on society and others...
Disagree with homosexual lifestyle and marriage all you want... Just don't use your prejudice to restrict the 'rights' of others.

If you don't like gay marriage don't get gay married. It's not like it's going to be compulsory.

It will be! The leftist SJW do-gooders will see to that!

Cucks!

Do you support "religious freedom" in other areas, or just when used to justify people abandoning their job for causes you personally agree with?

I'd like to know whether h

Okay, so I assume you support the right of those who participated or facilitated the marriage in a Melbourne mosque between a 14 year old girl and a man 21 years older than her? They are humans as well. They are put up for humiliation by courts. It has an effect on their life.

I still don't see how allowing somebody religious freedom in all aspects impedes against homosexual rights? I'd argue that many religious people didn't have a choice. If you argue with them purely about why they are religious, you would quickly find out. It isn't as if I'm going to wake up tomorrow and decide I'm a bloody Catholic.

I still don't see how allowing somebody religious freedom in all aspects impedes against homosexual rights? I'd argue that many religious people didn't have a choice. If you argue with them purely about why they are religious, you would quickly find out. It isn't as if I'm going to wake up tomorrow and decide I'm a bloody Catholic.

I'm not sure if you're being serious or just trolling.

Don't compare civilized western tradition with the barbaric middle east, leave Islam out of this debate.
Yeah, let's preserve traditional marriage in the manner senior conservatives want, which should be between a man and a series of progressively younger women.
Damn leftists!

Was that woman married 3 or 4 times?

Good Christian woman she is.
I couldn’t give a damn how good a Christian somebody is. It is a story, which made the media. Most victims won’t make the media, given how much the media hates Christianity. The same thing is beginning to happen to Christians/Catholics etc, as happened to the homosexuals of yesteryear. You cannot have an equal, fair and peaceful society unless you are realistic. And realistic is not making outlandish comments like “religion is a choice” – when clearly billions of religious people BELIEVE there is some higher deity which deserves whatever the hell respect they want to give it, which indicates it most certainly isn’t a choice, very much like homosexuality.

I couldn’t give a damn how good a Christian somebody is. It is a story, which made the media. Most victims won’t make the media, given how much the media hates Christianity. The same thing is beginning to happen to Christians/Catholics etc, as happened to the homosexuals of yesteryear. You cannot have an equal, fair and peaceful society unless you are realistic. And realistic is not making outlandish comments like “religion is a choice” – when clearly billions of religious people BELIEVE there is some higher deity which deserves whatever the hell respect they want to give it, which indicates it most certainly isn’t a choice, very much like homosexuality.
Oh get stuffed!

That's a really confusing thought process.
Lots of people BELIEVE therefore it's NOT a choice?
Is this billions v millions important? As there are hundreds of millions of people who do not choose to be attracted to those of the same sex, but is that not enough people to matter?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back