Christmas Calorie Chop Challenge

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey guys, I saw the Health and Fitness thread and how group fitness can be a great way to motivate others and it gave me an idea. Perhaps we could do a 30-day challenge each month or leading up to an event. Perhaps have a different person in the group holding a different challenge? So I might run one and then someone runs the next. And so on.

It wouldn't be anything time taxing, but perhaps for example I say set a walking challenge for the next 30 (or 40 days even given it's leading into Christmas - Mon, Nov 13-Dec 22 is 40 days). The challenge would be to walk for at least 30 minutes per day, or as much as you physically could. It doesn't have to be walking, it could be anything, but starting off with something simple is usually good.

We could keep track of the totals in here and it's obviously not a competition, but the idea would be to cheer on each other and then total up our entire distance and compare to how far that is. Or perhaps you would prefer a different challenge each day, so I post the challenges at the start of the week and check in daily and post results. Then track it in the OP.

I'm just spitballing here, but thought having a fun challenge each month could be good. Anyway I'll put it to the people and see what you guys think.

WALKING CHALLENGE GOALS:

Pie 4 Life - Walk 200km from November 13-December 23
UPDATES:
November 20 -
November 27 -
December 4 -
December 11 -
December 18 -
TOTAL -

Last edited:

Subbed.

Without wanting to sound pressuring, does anyone want to share what kind of shape they’re in? Just so we can establish baseline expectations/stretch goals that are actually achievable and tailored to circumstance?

Something like this is a great way to gently hold people accountable to themselves so kudos for the thread Pie 4 Life

Subbed.

Without wanting to sound pressuring, does anyone want to share what kind of shape they’re in? Just so we can establish baseline expectations/stretch goals that are actually achievable and tailored to circumstance?

Something like this is a great way to gently hold people accountable to themselves so kudos for the thread Pie 4 Life
Yeah like even "officially" starting say November 13-December 23 or something, we could do something like a walking challenge and then each month mix it up. I myself haven't weighed myself in sometime but after going down to 82/83kg (from 96kg), I would say I'm in that 90kg range (176cm) and my ideal weight depending on strength, is 80-85kg. If I can hit 80kg and stay there in the near future that would be nice. But even just eliminating a few extra kg's prior to the New Year would be great. I've struggled a bit with money lately - got laid off from my previous job - so had to cancel my gym membership. Have been doing the odd exercise around the house but it lacks structure like I had where I went to the gym at the same time every day, knew what workout I would be doing etc. I certainly hope to pick up a gym membership again soon, but in the meantime wanted something to do to still exercise but hold myself (and anyone in the same boat) to account.

And the thing about the walking challenge if anyone is subconscious about their weight/size, they could simply say, I want to walk 150km in the month (5km a day) and meet your target that way. As an example.

Pie 4 Life - Walk 200km from November 13-December 23
UPDATES:
November 20 -
November 27 -
December 4 -
December 11 -
December 18 -
TOTAL -

Updated the OP with my goals, in the 40-odd days I want to walk 200km which is that 5km a day mark.

I'd rather do all my walking in the winter (which I didn't)

I can't see how anyone would want to walk/run in the heat. Even today is enough for me (26*C)... :(

That being said, I've been eating nothing but fruit and veg for the last 4 days! Why hasn't any weight come off!? :(

Have we set a daily distance target?

I’ll be the first to admit that I’ve had a deplorable week. Thankfully it’s the kind of week that makes you want to stand up and do something to fix it.

Per my phone I covered the following this week -

11/11 - 10.2km
12/11 - 18.8km
13/11 - 7km
14/11 - 4.4km
15/11 - 6.4km
16/11 - 4.6km
17/11 - 9.8km

Total - 61.2km (if my maths isn’t terrible).

Would love to stay at above 100km a week so plenty of improvement there, and my diet was complete s**t and I’m turning that around this week too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trapped a nerve in my arm last year then behaved like a sook and did nothing for 8 months. Have settled into a good routine since April:

Weights 3x per week (split: shoulders/chest/triceps; legs/abs; back/biceps/forearms)

Walk to and from work 2 to 3 times per week (8km round-trip but easy pace, often chat on the phone to my Dad)

Body surf and jog in sand once a week at Bondi

Leg day is the only day I don't look forward to so much but i don't skip it because I would look like an ibis

Great idea.

I’m all for half hour min walk each day

:)

My usual target

Trapped a nerve in my arm last year then behaved like a sook and did nothing for 8 months. Have settled into a good routine since April:

Weights 3x per week (split: shoulders/chest/triceps; legs/abs; back/biceps/forearms)

Walk to and from work 2 to 3 times per week (8km round-trip but easy pace, often chat on the phone to my Dad)

Body surf and jog in sand once a week at Bondi

Leg day is the only day I don't look forward to so much but i don't skip it because I would look like an ibis
No wonder you haven’t played seniors much this year.

Bet you blamed your wag

I've made a conscious decision this year to drop some kegs. Was getting a little silly, beers most nights, big meals, sugary drinks and snacks.

Went a minimal gains approach, not following anything specific but I've done the following;

1. Took a gym membership and hired a personal trainer for 30 minutes to develop a basic program and show me how to use weights machines so I don't kill myself (this was the smartest thing I did)
2. Cut out as much sugar as I can - no sugary soft drinks/fruit drinks
3. Almost cut out alcohol - a 2-3 beers maybe one a fortnight - really hard but managing
4. Smaller meals, more fruit and veg but eating more often and at better times
5. Jefit app to monitor exercise goals and progress and smartwatch to track calories etc.

Have dropped just over 10 kilos since the first week of January from 98kg t0 tad under 88kgs and feeling so much better. Probably won't last knowing me but it's good so far.

I realised i have a bit of a gut forming for the first time in my life so I have just started fixing my diet and increased my physical activity after a down year due to life becoming a lot more busy. As someone that has always had a crazy high metabolism its caught me off guard. I should weigh myself.

Have we set a daily distance target?

I’ll be the first to admit that I’ve had a deplorable week. Thankfully it’s the kind of week that makes you want to stand up and do something to fix it.

Per my phone I covered the following this week -

11/11 - 10.2km
12/11 - 18.8km
13/11 - 7km
14/11 - 4.4km
15/11 - 6.4km
16/11 - 4.6km
17/11 - 9.8km

Total - 61.2km (if my maths isn’t terrible).

Would love to stay at above 100km a week so plenty of improvement there, and my diet was complete s**t and I’m turning that around this week too.
I am near collapse after running/jogging 2km lol so thats my fitness base if you wanted to compare

I am near collapse after running/jogging 2km lol so thats my fitness base if you wanted to compare
I just had a huuuugggge plate of chops.

Do I win, am I doin' it right?

I'm considering having salad for lunch on weekdays. Pray for me
giphy.gif

I mean good on you.:drunk:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back