List Mgmt. Christmas comes early (Nov 28 - 19 sleeps) - Draftee discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A growing consensus about splitting the pick has me worried 😬
I can just see Wardlaw slipping to 3 due to his hammies (just like a certain other number three did with his shoulder) and us missing out.
I’m not saying he’s gunna be the next big Superstar but he’s got more chance then the kids we pick in the 8-15 range.

I hope he does well at the combine (but not well enough for North to take him)

What about the 6-8 range and another pick later in the 1st?

If we trade 2 we need a pick between 6-8 to be coming back plus another later 1st or multiple 2nd rounders.

What about the 6-8 range and another pick later in the 1st?

If we trade 2 we need a pick between 6-8 to be coming back plus another later 1st or multiple 2nd rounders.
Don’t really want multiple 2nd rounders, we already have a few. An additional late first would be ok but
personally I’d rather keep pick 2.
IMO picks are worth more exponentially as you get higher.

Like they did with McDonald?
Perhaps because they didnt with McDonald last year.
They are hard to read for sure but I think they make 2 changes to their strategy from last year
1) bid on the FS and make Lions pay full price
2) take a player to suit needs over BA.

Don’t really want multiple 2nd rounders, we already have a few. An additional late first would be ok but
personally I’d rather keep pick 2.
IMO picks are worth more exponentially as you get higher.

Depends on the 2nds.

Id love one more 2nd this year berween 21 and 26. We only have two so far.

If Port trade pick 8 for 13 and the North 2023 PP Id love that for Rioli, pick 22ish next year.

You dont need to trade pick 2 for those potentially

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't have any contact or info on this but just touching on the Sheezel/WA/Home thing. He does give away a quick little insight into his own personal leanings and feelings answering a question at the 6min 40sec mark here: .
The rumours aren't entirely made up or unfounded. His natural inclination and internal processing is that he's not really a fan of the West Coast idea. He's had more interviews and had more explained about housing and opportunities etc since and is slowly "growing up" regarding all the realities but it is known that he's not particularly keen on it. Take that for what it's worth.

Last edited:
He’s also along with Hagen and Ginbey played mainly League footy.

WAFL league is far superior to Nab so it’s going to be tough getting numbers like some of the Vic 18s boys do.

If his championships were Covid affected then it probably shows why the general public have him sliding on draft night

Not to mention probably being asked to play a role and not be the man. It would be the first time these players would have had to do that in their life

Bodes well

I don't have any contact or info on this but just touching on the Sheezel/WA/Home thing. He does give away a quick little insight into his own personal leanings and feelings answering a question at the 6min 40sec mark here: .
The rumours aren't entirely made up or unfounded. His natural inclination and internal processing is that he's not really a fan of the West Coast idea. He's had more interviews and had more explained about housing and opportunities etc since and is slowly "growing up" regarding all the realities but it is known that he's not particularly keen on it. Take that for what it's worth.
I think theres a good chance north take him anyway

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Also, I’m sorry but I can’t understand why anyone wants to kick off a long rebuild by spending pick 2 on a half forward, you can find those later in the draft and grow them somewhat easily

Sheezel is quality no doubt and very exciting but he’s a cherry on top type addition

A pure midfielder or MAYBE Cadman are the only acceptable options for me personally

Wow listening to this Sheezel did initially sound against our club ? Maybe I was wrong to discount the homesickness rumour. Maybe there is truth to it after all ?

When Sheezle said, "I'm not sure about West Coast, that might be a bit far off." It did kinda sound bad, but I think he meant the draft is a bit far away to start thinking about individual clubs, not that we are physically too far away. He followed up by saying he was happy to go anywhere to play footy.

Hopefully it's all moot anyway and we grab the warlord :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back