Family & Relationships Christmas orphans

Remove this Banner Ad

Dav

Hotel? Trivago.
10k Posts Koala SFA State of Origin Coney Island Warriors - Sweet F.A. Pantskyle SFA Fight For MND SFA Daffodil Day Fund Raiser Brisbane Dolphins Player - BFFCL BFFCL Club Captain Blue Mountain Bounders Player - BFFCL
Jul 23, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brighton, McLaren F1
Just wanted to wish an especially Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays to the people like me who don't have family to spend Christmas this year for whatever reason, and I hope you still manage to have a lovely day by yourself. This is my first alone, I've already cooked myself ham and cheese croissants, a family tradition, and have started on a nice lunch. Later in the day I'll probably ring my parents and sisters to talk about their day and presents and tonight I'm going to go look at Christmas lights. If you're a "Christmas orphan" this year or ever have been, what is your Christmas like?

I'd also just like to mention this time of the year can be difficult for some folks, and if you are feeling depressed or lonely, please reach out to someone! Remember there are folks who can help you whether it be family, friends or the good folks at Lifeline and Beyond Blue.
  • Beyond Blue - 1300 22 4636
  • Lifeline - 13 11 14
  • Kids Helpline - 1800 55 1800

I am in a small city in Taiwan where you can count on one hand the amount of Westerners that live here so I had the day alone. I decided to go into the school I teach at to enjoy the Xmas lunch with the local teachers and kids which is better than nothing.

I actually take offence to the use of the word Christmas (can’t believe I just wrote that) please refer to it as the festive season so as to not offend us non-christians.

In your reply to this message please respect my pronoun preference as gender neutral and refer to me by name or they.

Thanks and hope you enjoy the main day of the festive season.

I actually take offence to the use of the word Christmas (can’t believe I just wrote that) please refer to it as the festive season so as to not offend us non-christians.

In your reply to this message please respect my pronoun preference as gender neutral and refer to me by name or they.

Thanks and hope you enjoy the main day of the festive season.

Merry Christmas Man

Remove this Banner Ad

Back