Christmas/Religion etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gravy day > Christmas day
I just don’t like the club playing politics. They did it with the gay marriage issue and now they are taking a politically correct stand with this email.

They should completely stay out of all things political and not take a position one way or another.

Happy Festivus everybody! I believe we are commencing the Airing of Grievances, always my favourite part of the proceedings.
I like that, Happy Festivus and will use it every time the opportunity arises as surely it is the meaning behind the words, not the words themselves.

Have a good one everyone!

I like that, Happy Festivus and will use it every time the opportunity arises as surely it is the meaning behind the words, not the words themselves.

Christmas for the traditionalists, and as the beautiful Frank Costanza put it, Festivus for the rest of us!

Devalue a non Christian holiday and see how far you get.😜😜😜

We could just shove breadcrumbs up its ass then decide were all vegans; then take bets as to which causes it more consternation.
Sounds like fun.
Will need to see your vegan menu and drinks list before I commit.

Sounds like fun.
Will need to see your vegan menu and drinks list before I commit.

It starts with a slab of Young Henry's Newtowner, and potatoes done in foil in hot coals then smothered in butter, sour cream and chives.

Some point after that, I probably dont care about anything else.

It starts with a slab of Young Henry's Newtowner, and potatoes done in foil in hot coals then smothered in butter, sour cream and chives.

Some point after that, I probably dont care about anything else.
I’m there

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Isnt doing what you would like also taking a position, just its one you like so you pretend its not taking a position?

What pray tell was your problem with the Club's stance on SSM?
I told you. They should not have supported the yes vote just as they shouldn’t have supported the no vote.

They are a football club not a political party.

40% voted no. You run the risk of alienating people when you start putting your political views out there as an organisation like Collingwood.

Well we must all be mindful to not be too affected or precious about employing a small amount of consideration or self-awareness in our communications, lest and for mercy they be perceived as some left-wing PC snowflake speak by the Grammar (and Pronunciation) Police. Its enough to make the fizzle in your frothy of Carlton Light go flat, in gravitas delicto
Self awareness is code for political correctness.

Is merry Christmas offensive and lacking “self awareness” is it? Seriously.

I told you. They should not have supported the yes vote just as they shouldn’t have supported the no vote.

They are a football club not a political party.

40% voted no. You run the risk of alienating people when you start putting your political views out there as an organisation like Collingwood.

Gobble gobble

Self awareness is code for political correctness.

Is merry Christmas offensive and lacking “self awareness” is it? Seriously.
No, the only person who is mentioning the O word...or dare I even mention that almost religious Voltairean belief system thats allegedly facing a real and existential threat to the point of a modern-day crusades is being waged right now in and against its very name...is yourself; which demonstrates a rather salient point to the unbiased observer. Given our society's rather diverse and multicultural makeup its not unreasonable to assume - to greater or lesser extent - our Collingwood membership base as a microcosm of that would be comprised a wide and varied range of individuals identifying as not only belonging to or loosely 'holding' a narrowly defined set of judeo-christian based (but norse and roman pagan-appropriated) religious beliefs, but also individuals who practice any number of the other major monotheistic, or indeed polytheistic, faiths, any of their lesser sects, organised religions, or have any other spiritual belief systems, identify themselves as Jedi or even have no belief in any of the sky fairies at all; wishing those people a merry christmas may not in fact resonate with them as much as the CFC membership dept would like. Considering however it could reasonably be assumed the majority observe the Victorian, if not Australian, list of gazetted public holidays, communicating instead their wish for everyone to experience a joyous period of which most would have a respite from normal occupation - at least for a few days anyway - would be a far more inclusive message that would resonate as intended to a greater number of persons on the distribution list, than sending out an unpersonalised and essentially targeted message to an unsegmented audience. Since you my friend had in earlier posts on another topic expressed a deep understanding and knowledge of PR and corporate communications strategies, Im very surprised you would not in fact recognise this very basic marketing 101 type concept?

No, the only person who is mentioning the O word...or dare I even mention that almost religious Voltairean belief system thats allegedly facing a real and existential threat to the point of a modern-day crusades is being waged right now in and against its very name...is yourself; which demonstrates a rather salient point to the unbiased observer. Given our society's rather diverse and multicultural makeup its not unreasonable to assume - to greater or lesser extent - our Collingwood membership base as a microcosm of that would be comprised a wide and varied range of individuals identifying as not only belonging to or loosely 'holding' a narrowly defined set of judeo-christian based (but norse and roman pagan-appropriated) religious beliefs, but also individuals who practice any number of the other major monotheistic, or indeed polytheistic, faiths, any of their lesser sects, organised religions, or have any other spiritual belief systems, identify themselves as Jedi or even have no belief in any of the sky fairies at all; wishing those people a merry christmas may not in fact resonate with them as much as the CFC membership dept would like. Considering however it could reasonably be assumed the majority observe the Victorian, if not Australian, list of gazetted public holidays, communicating instead their wish for everyone to experience a joyous period of which most would have a respite from normal occupation - at least for a few days anyway - would be a far more inclusive message that would resonate as intended to a greater number of persons on the distribution list, than sending out an unpersonalised and essentially targeted message to an unsegmented audience. Since you my friend had in earlier posts on another topic expressed a deep understanding and knowledge of PR and corporate communications strategies, Im very surprised you would not in fact recognise this very basic marketing 101 type concept?
I disagree with political correctness pr.

If you live in Australia, merry Christmas should not offend anyone.

Therefore it is bad pr by the club to again be taking a political position.

For you to argue saying happy holidays is more inclusive or whatever crap you passed it off as shows where you are at more than anything.

And here we cue the understandable frustrated indignation and demonstration of externalised rage caused by your internal feelings of cognitive dissonance between recognition you have suffered an undeniable and public defeat of your argument based on logic and reason alone and your grandiose sense of self-importance and superiority of your own flawed argument, and its manifestation as your predictable reply stating my post is incoherent and lacking in articulated arguments and that it is not even worth you spending your precious time and mental energies reading it 😂 But we all know thats not true now is it my friend

I disagree with political correctness pr.

If you live in Australia, merry Christmas should not offend anyone.

Therefore it is bad pr by the club to again be taking a political position.

For you to argue saying happy holidays is more inclusive or whatever crap you passed it off as shows where you are at more than anything.
If the mere act of sending out messages of well wishes to their customers, brother supporters and fellow humans is deemed by you to be "political" rather than an intrinsic part of what it is that makes us beings evolved of a higher consciousness and uniquely human, then Im afraid no manner or basis of reasoned or logical argument is going to help you my friend.

You need God's help. Perhaps all of them's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back