Food, Drink & Dining Out Cider is the new beer

Remove this Banner Ad

Have we had a drink together before?

Some spirits are better straight than others.

Must admit you do sound like a 15 year old bragging about being a spirit drinker, but anyway... the one spirit that doesnt go down well straight is Vodka. The rest is ok (not sure about gin as i havent tried it)

I like Dicken's Cider the best.
you should try the dickens cider widemouth. fast flowing til the last drop :thumbsu:

far better than dickens cider cans..:p

Went and picked up some Rekorderlig for Cup day: One berry, one pear, two apple, should see me through. I'll report back.

Will go something like this... Tasted great. Didn't feel drunk in the slightest.

Rekorderlig is great for hangover drinking though. Gets you through the initial razorblade phase that beer gives you when going for the hair of the dog.

Cider is fantastic. And yes, it's a bit gentrified now.

Rekorderlig is good. But only the pear and apple flavours, and even then they need a lot of ice to take the sickly sweet edge off it. I'm more into your traditional ciders (try the Aspall Draught) without ice (as it should be).

Two beers, a cider, then a Caribbean rum with dry ginger and lime. Keep that order up and you'll have a good night.

Cider is fantastic. And yes, it's a bit gentrified now.

Rekorderlig is good. But only the pear and apple flavours, and even then they need a lot of ice to take the sickly sweet edge off it. I'm more into your traditional ciders (try the Aspall Draught) without ice (as it should be).

Two beers, a cider, then a Caribbean rum with dry ginger and lime. Keep that order up and you'll have a good night.

disg_kfdj897.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah, just the thought of having anymore than 2 different types of drinks in the same night has chunder written all over it for me..

I'm the opposite. I can't drink one thing for too long otherwise my taste buds shut down. Beer makes me bloated as well.

Changing it up means I can appreciate each drink a little bit better. But yeah, definitely gets you under the table quicker.

I'm a big cider fan but think the s**t you get at your local is watered down to the s**t house. Stuff life Bulmers and Magners don't really taste great and aren't bearable for more then a pint. Rekorderlig was good at first but is way too sweet. Is also an absolute rip off.

I can have 10 pints of Bulmers with it tasting as great as the first one :)

I'm a big cider fan but think the s**t you get at your local is watered down to the s**t house. Stuff life Bulmers and Magners don't really taste great and aren't bearable for more then a pint. Rekorderlig was good at first but is way too sweet. Is also an absolute rip off.
What? GTFO!

The cricket club brang in ciders in the last summer. Sold a bit on the first night and have barely sold any since. Beer all the way. Laughable suggestion that beer isn't "refreshing". I'm also gen y btw.

Drink both, just really depends on the mood, there a few better things on a hot summer day than an ice cold beer, but then again some days just feel more like cider days. We had both out our engagement party and the guys were all over the cider. On another note tend to find older guys do the whole "youre a fairy if you dont drink beer", who cares, i went through a lemon ruski phase in summer, i dont care what anyone says it was stupidly refreshing and frankly i dont care what anyone thinks.

I'm 23, so I guess my sweet tooth and beer loving tastebuds haven't matured? Honestly the wank some people talk...(and no I don't wear 'skinny jeans')

You answered your question in the first sentence.

Drink beer for a month or two and then come back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back