Food, Drink & Dining Out Cider is the new beer

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't see them much here, which is probably good because the collateral damage can be fairly severe, but some pubs in England still served snake bites, half of lager and half of cider mixed together. That was real falling down water.

I don't see why some pubs in London got in the s**t for making these. Surely the difference in alcohol content, between beer and cider, is negligible at most? I don't get it.

I don't see why some pubs in London got in the s**t for making these. Surely the difference in alcohol content, between beer and cider, is negligible at most? I don't get it.
It was largely agreed on that snake bites weren't all that conducive to sociable behaviour. I wouldn't serve them.

The most horrible thing about drinking cider is coming out to your parents

For the first time in over a year bought cider. Must be doing well avoiding sugar because felt like I'd eaten a bag of lollies by the third can. No more tonight.

For the first time in over a year bought cider. Must be doing well avoiding sugar because felt like I'd eaten a bag of lollies by the third can. No more tonight.
Can’t believe I started this thread, won’t go near cider now due to the heavy sugar content, feel so sick afterwards!

images

I've had a few of these lately. Pure Blonde beer is dishwater but the cider I find really nice. Cool and crisp and not too sweet like a lot of ciders can be.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There are low-sugar ciders btw
I had a 5seeds low-sugar one last night- it was great

Even the lower carb ciders are pretty high in sugars compared to beer or spirits. They send my blood sugar levels right up after half dozen, even the lower carb varieties, and I've tried most of them. Much moreso than regular beer, and that ain't great. I notice they call themselves "lower" rather than "low" carb too, which is kinda giveaway.

Usually once a year, on a really hot day, I decide I’ll try a cider. Always regret it - just way too sweet.

I’ve heard from English friends that proper scrumpy is much more dry, but I can’t say I’ve ever come across it.

I love both cider and beer, depends on the day what I feel like. Orchard Thieves is great, haven't released a bad one yet

Remove this Banner Ad

Back