Tuohy
Colin Corkery

Anyone else?

Patty O'Furniture
Ben O'Drill
Phil McCracken
Bea O'Problem

Sorry, someone had to do it.

And before you say it, I know what you're all thinking.... Shamus O'nyou! :straining:

blue healer

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 25, 2010
wagga wagga
AFL Club
Carlton
Patty O'Furniture
Ben O'Drill
Phil McCracken
Bea O'Problem

And before you say it, I know what you're all thinking.... Shamus O'nyou! :straining:

Then, of course there is the time honoured Ben Doohan and Phillip McCaffety. Or are they our Scottish recruits.

Ahh s**t, the longest tween season ever. I really miss Essendons input over the last few years.

Patty O'Furniture
Ben O'Drill
Phil McCracken
Bea O'Problem

R. U. Dunne?

KnaveyBlue

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 27, 2003
57 Mt. Pleasant Street
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chicago Bears
Who loves you? And who do you love?

IMG_0008.JPG

YES!!!!!

Jul 14, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
Has an Gaelic footballer ever been picked up and not started (and mostly continued) off half-back?

Watching the game the other night, surely there would be quite a few that'd make very effective medium forwards.

Pretty excited about this signing, hard to know how he'll develop but certainly has some terrific athletic attributes and seems to have the right attitude.
callum chambers thread

Nov 4, 2003
Earth, near Carlton.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Has an Gaelic footballer ever been picked up and not started (and mostly continued) off half-back?

Watching the game the other night, surely there would be quite a few that'd make very effective medium forwards.
Sheehan and Byrne both started at HF in the VFL.

Welcome to Carlton.

Always love these stories and I have a lot of respect for kids moving across the other side of the world to try something new without any real guarantee.

Looking forward to seeing how he adapts and progresses over the next 12 months. Hope he spends a lot of time with Doc if he's going to be spending most of his time in the back half.

Welcome to Carlton.

Always love these stories and I have a lot of respect for kids moving across the other side of the world to try something new without any real guarantee.

Looking forward to seeing how he adapts and progresses over the next 12 months. Hope he spends a lot of time with Doc if he's going to be spending most of his time in the back half.
Gee it must gut these Irish clubs losing their cream like this. Any wonder interstate clubs still despise the way we ripped the best players from state comps. We were near worst/best at it too.

Smegger

Club Legend
May 19, 2016
place without a postcard
AFL Club
Carlton
Gee it must gut these Irish clubs losing their cream like this. Any wonder interstate clubs still despise the way we ripped the best players from state comps. We were near worst/best at it too.
Yep, the wounds run deep but it's mainly the fans who suffer. What athlete doesn't want to go professional?
"Get me to the Colosseum"!

SE_Blue

Cancelled
Jul 18, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Minnesota Timberwolves; Meath GAA
The GAA only has themselves to blame.

Absolutely. Demanding professional training standards for no pay. Blokes training at both club and county levels while working a full time job. Not to mention the madness of the scheduling where you might go two months without playing a game and then play three weeks in a row then off again for another two weeks.

Welcome Cillian, look forward to plenty of progress over the next couple of seasons and a senior debut fairly soon.

Back