Teams Cincinnati Bengals - Who Dey

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Bengals OC Hue Jackson expressed extreme frustration with C Russell Bodine's snap issues.

Bodine sent a couple snaps sailing over Andy Dalton's head in practice last week and came back Monday sending one shooting past Dalton on the ground. "It pissed me off. I'm being honest," Jackson said. Dalton also got all over Bodine at practice, yelling, "Russell! We can't keep doing that. We can't keep talking about it." Bodine was PFF's No. 33 center last season as a rookie.

Source: ESPN.com

raskolnikov

Cancelled
10k Posts 30k Posts Wordler Werewolf Player Essendon Player Sponsor 2021 - Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti and Archie Perkins Essendon Player Sponsor 2020 Essendon Player Sponsor 2019 Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds
Apr 1, 2002
Cap Coast
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Gold Coast Suns
Welcome back rask, hope things are on the improve

Cheers mate. All good. Hoping the Bengals are going to bring me more joy than the Bombers have this year.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
A.J. McCarron is locked in as the Bengals' No. 2 quarterback following Tuesday's release of Josh Johnson.

McCarron missed his entire rookie season with a shoulder issue, but the Bengals are ready to turn to him in the event of an Andy Dalton injury. McCarron has a weak arm, but plus accuracy and "intangibles." He's completed 11-of-15 passes for 97 yards (6.46 YPA) this preseason.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Bengals signed WR A.J. Green to a four-year, $60 million extension through 2019.

Including what he was owed for 2015 -- which would've been Green's contract year -- he's now under the Bengals' control for $70.176 million over the next five seasons. Green just turned 27 in late July. He finished as fantasy football's No. 4 overall wideout in both 2012 and 2013, and last year posted a 69-1,041-6 receiving line despite missing three games and being limited in several others by a nagging toe injury. Green is a top-ten NFL wide receiver who doesn't get enough respect. Even with Andy Dalton at quarterback, Green is an every-week WR1 in fantasy this season.

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Sep 29, 2004
Merimbula
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Bengals
Sadly not going to happen I don't think. Bengals have some nice weapons available as well, AJ with Eiffert back at TE and Marv Jones with Hill and Gio in the backfield but I fear QB will again be the offensive weak link.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Sadly not going to happen I don't think. Bengals have some nice weapons available as well, AJ with Eiffert back at TE and Marv Jones with Hill and Gio in the backfield but I fear QB will again be the offensive weak link.
It's true. Tho, if your D can be a top 5 type of D, there's always a chance you can still make and win a super bowl....given how that formula has won before....a great D, great running game, with a game-managing QB.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 29, 2004
Merimbula
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Bengals
It's true. Tho, if your D can be a top 5 type of D, there's always a chance you can still make and win a super bowl....given how that formula has won before....a great D, great running game, with a game-managing QB.

Yeah I know. They do rate Daltons game managing skills highly and his numbers for wins in his first few years stack up extremely well against a lot of HOF types really. He's also taken us to the playoffs in the past 4 years and for a fan who's lived through the Bungles years that's not to be sneezed at.

Although his brain fart games and bright lights performances, playoffs and MNF, leave a lot to be desired.

I'm very optimistic for them this year but of course it's wait and see.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Yeah I know. They do rate Daltons game managing skills highly and his numbers for wins in his first few years stack up extremely well against a lot of HOF types really. He's also taken us to the playoffs in the past 4 years and for a fan who's lived through the Bungles years that's not to be sneezed at.

Although his brain fart games and bright lights performances, playoffs and MNF, leave a lot to be desired.

I'm very optimistic for them this year but of course it's wait and see.
That's the thing tho....he's ok until the pressure of the big games. Maybe McCarron who has a better "big game" resume (ncaa) can do it.
Also, you can begin your playoff dream starting from week 2.

That's the thing tho....he's ok until the pressure of the big games. Maybe McCarron who has a better "big game" resume (ncaa) can do it.
Also, you can begin your playoff dream starting from week 2.

The question of "what happens if Jones and Green are healthy and Dalton is on got answered this morning. Bernard and Eifert barely even registered. Early days, but so far Andy Dalton is 3-3 on performing.. :thumbsu:

raskolnikov

Cancelled
10k Posts 30k Posts Wordler Werewolf Player Essendon Player Sponsor 2021 - Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti and Archie Perkins Essendon Player Sponsor 2020 Essendon Player Sponsor 2019 Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds
Apr 1, 2002
Cap Coast
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Gold Coast Suns
Job done but not excited about playing the Sheilas in the wildcard round. Let's hope San Diego can pull off an upset.

Sep 29, 2004
Merimbula
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Bengals
Rd 3 against the Steelers it is. Eiffert back is huge though, very important player.
Pretty confident about this one, that loss a few weeks ago will be eating away at them I'm sure. Hopefully they've learned a few lessons from it.

Apr 8, 2008
PollieCentral
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fulham/76rsPhilsNovaDrexel/Atalanta
Cincy have lost Andrew Whitworth and Zeitler from the oline, and Dansby, Peko and Margus Hunt from the D. Now Rex Burky is gone!!

The only in has been 30 year old former first round pick Andre Smith on a one year deal. Smith has only played a full season twice in his 8 year career, missing substantial time every year since 2013.

What are the Bengals up to??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back