Teams Cincinnati Bengals - Who Dey

Remove this Banner Ad

Bengals signed RB Joe Mixon to a four-year, $48 million extension through 2024.
And just like that, Mixon's headaches are gone. That's a glib comment, but Mixon's recent absences certainly felt like a holdout by a different name in this era of punitive fines. Mixon has both revealed a blueprint for future holdouts while getting himself paid as one of the most important players on the Bengals' roster. We know the folly of paying any back, but three-down threat Mixon is still only 24 years old. $12 million per year is not a bad price in light of recent running back deals. Mixon officially proved himself capable of weekly bell-cow duties in the second half of 2019. With No. 1 overall pick Joe Burrow helming an on-the-rise offense, Mixon appears poised to offer RB1 value for the life of his deal. That, of course, includes 2020, where he is a safe top-10 pick.

SOURCE: Profootballtalk on Twitter
Sep 1, 2020, 2:45 PM ET

My god it's good not having to watch Andy Dalton bumbling his way through every game. Early days but Burrow looks promising.

Serious man crush on Joe Burrow

Didn't watch the game but wish I had now, some absolutely stupendous throws and accuracy from Burrow. This is the LSU version that I didn't see earlier in the year, incredible...

The throw to Boyd tells you he's going to be great. That's elite QB material. Feeling the pressure, climbing the pocket, anticipating what his WR is going to do and timing.

and.... hes pretty good looking too

Really? More a Tua and Jimmy G guy myself. But both of their play currently stinks so they some lose appeal becoz of it.

Na,looks like his face has been beaten with a cricket bat.
tbh theyre all meh looking, all their faces have some kind of flaw. often when i scroll thru rotoworld i enlarge the images to check out their faces and most players are ugly/weird, but theres a few who are really hot, usuappy linebackers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

tbh theyre all meh looking, all their faces have some kind of flaw. often when i scroll thru rotoworld i enlarge the images to check out their faces and most players are ugly/weird, but theres a few who are really hot, usuappy linebackers

Never scrolled thru looking at faces before , not that interested, just reckon if I was a gay man Tua and Garoppolo would be the two QBs for me. 😍

Never scrolled thru looking at faces before , not that interested, just reckon if I was a gay man Tua and Garoppolo would be the two QBs for me. 😍
im not gay or bi either, but i used to be a talent scout for models, and its just ingrained in me to scout faces/bodies when i look at people. same, i used to go to film school and when i wstch movies i only see it for how it was made and cant lose myself into a movie

somethings awry here. zac taylor did this to aj green last year, perhaps trying to trade him for a good pick. or, maybe mixon has done something illegal off-field and theyre preparing to cut ties with him?

NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports Joe Mixon (foot) "does not have a major injury."
Mixon going four weeks without practicing has raised eyebrows, but the Bengals don't believe Mixon is dealing with something overly serious. Of course, Mixon's practice reports will tell the full story next week. Until Mixon can get in a full practice, expect Giovani Bernard to handle most of the Bengals' touches out of the backfield. Mixon has an RB1 ceiling down the stretch if he can get right.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Tom Pelissero on Twitter
Nov 20, 2020, 6:54 PM ET

so he does not have a major injury but is now on IR... wont return, hmmmmm something brewing

Bengals placed Joe Mixon (foot) on injured reserve.
Mixon will miss at least three more games and is no longer a lock to return in 2020. Despite optimistic reporting over the last month, Mixon's foot injury is most definitely "major". He has yet to practice since suffering his unspecified foot injury in Week 6 and could have had a setback in rehab as foot injuries are notoriously tricky. The hope is Mixon can return for the fantasy playoffs, but in the meantime, expect the Bengals to compete for league-leading pass volume with Joe Burrow, Tyler Boyd, Tee Higgins, and Giovani Bernard leading the way. Bernard has settled in as a borderline RB1/2 depending on matchups.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Bengals on Twitter
Nov 21, 2020, 1:15 PM ET

The Bengals are retaining head coach Zac Taylor for the 2021 season.
Taylor may have been bailed out by Joe Burrow's major Week 10 knee injury, which made the Bengals' offense a dysfunctional disaster for the remainder of the season. With Burrow expected to recover from his injury by early in the 2021 season, Taylor will have another shot to prove the team is progressing under his watch. “We remain bullish on the foundation Zac is building, and we look forward to next year giving our fans the winning results we all want," Bengals owner Mike Brown said in a statement. "We must capitalize on opportunities in front of us." Taylor's best hope is that a full season for Burrow, Joe Mixon, Tee Higgins, and Tyler Boyd buy him another season or ten as the team's head coach.
SOURCE: Cincinnati Bengals on Twitter
Jan 4, 2021, 9:00 AM ET

Remove this Banner Ad

Back