Cincinnati Masters 2017 (ATP+WTA)

Remove this Banner Ad

May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth
Thought we might as well create a brand new thread for this combined event, the biggest of the US summer circuit after the US Open.

No Stosur for the Aussies in the WTA. heard the other day that she is doubtful for the US Open. Dasha has a winnable match v French Kiki, who has no form atm. Barty is in the final round of qualies and has Flipkens. Sharapova has withdrawn again.

ATP, I only see Nicks name in the draw. Goffin is his opponent. John Smith is still in qualies.

Predictions. Fed and Pliskova

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kyrgios wins in straight sets over Dolgopolov. I only saw the second set and he looked pretty scratchy although he was never in much trouble because his serve was on. Played a few clutch points in the breaker when it mattered.

Kyrgios wins in straight sets over Dolgopolov. I only saw the second set and he looked pretty scratchy although he was never in much trouble because his serve was on. Played a few clutch points in the breaker when it mattered.

Think he's on track to meet Rafa in the quarters.

Wow Barty has really risen through the rankings this year

Barty plays wozniacki next

Tough match but wouldn't put it past her

Kyrgios plays karlovic should win that one in straight sets

There's a difference?

Apparently so.

Nick Kyrgios was involved in a bizarre mix-up in his win over Ukraine's Alexandr Dolgopolov at the Cincinnati Masters, with both players bemused to learn they had been serving with women's balls.

While the balls used on the men's and women's tour generally have the same size and pressure, the men usually use extra-duty felt to slow the speed of the ball down while the women use regular-duty balls, which have a different logo.

http://www.theage.com.au/sport/tenn...olving-tennis-ball-mixup-20170816-gxxzmv.html

Remove this Banner Ad

Back