Current Halyna Hutchens shot dead on set * Alec Baldwin pleads not guilty

Remove this Banner Ad

Sent from my SM-A305YN using Tapatalk
Someone posted a screen shot of something 2 years old from an account purporported to of once belonged to the armourer on the Rust Film.
There doesn't appear to be any relevance to what happened in set. Just salacious gossip maybe?
97e4144dae82b20a46ce9dd755541780.jpg

Sent from my SM-A305YN using Tapatalk

The source for this, The New York Post, is questionable, but here's their story.

The “inexperienced” armorer in charge of weapons on set of Alec Baldwin’s movie “Rust” had given a gun to an 11-year-old actress without checking properly for safety, a report said.

Hannah Gutierrez Reed, 24, daughter of prominent Hollywood armorer Thell Reed, was head armorer on set in Santa Fe where Baldwin fired a prop gun loaded with a live round, killing cinematographer Halyna Hutchins and wounding director Joel Souza.

Gutierrez-Reed’s alleged misstep happened on the set of the upcoming Nicholas Cage film, “The Old Way” and temporarily halted filming, sources told The Daily Beast.

“She was reloading the gun on the ground, where there were pebbles and stuff,” one source told the outlet. “We didn’t see her check it, we didn’t know if something got in the barrel or not.”

Gutierrez-Reed reportedly handed the gun to child actress Ryan Kiera Armstrong, forcing concerned crew members to intervene, the report said. The gun was then checked for barrel obstruction, according to the sources.

“She was a bit careless with the guns, waving it around every now and again,” a source said.

“There were a couple times she was loading the blanks and doing it in a fashion that we thought was unsafe.”

A “Rust” production source described Reed as “inexperienced and green,” to the outlet, adding that there had been two other incidents of accidental discharges by crew members.

Two other “Rust” production sources questioned if Assistant Director Dave Halls followed proper procedure before the tragic incident.

I posted this in the other thread on the Media & Entertainment board.

Even if only loaded with blanks (which it appears it wasn't) I don't know why anyone who was going to use a firearm for anything, doesn't personally prove it's state to themselves first.

I was in the Navy for 10 years, if we were using a firearm, it was our personally responsibility to check what the condition of our firearm was and to verify it with someone else when handing it over or returning it.

I worked as an armourer in a prison for a couple of years, I would always prove that the firearm was unloaded before handing it over to someone else and they had to do the same when returning it to me. When doing our requalification shoots, we would practice jamming procedures with blanks loaded in the weapon, we would at all times treat it as if it were live ammunition.

My take is that there was a whole series of safety protocols that were ignored.
The armourer was inexperienced, incompetent and out of her depth. She had a history of ignoring safety protocols.
She mixed in a loaded gun, that was used for recreational target shooting on set, with two prop guns.
She didn't check the barrel of the gun, she shouldn't of had any bullets on set.
The assistant director had a history of complaints about his ignoring of protocols.
He yelled out 'cold gun' without checking the barrels and he didn't show the empty barrel to Baldwin.
Baldwin didn't ask to check the barrels which also would have stopped the shooting.
The producers were cutting costs and hired incompetent saftey people including the armourer.
The producers ignored calls for better safety standards by staff who resigned.

Verdict-
Producers- 3 months jail each
Armourer- 24 months jail and banned from armouring ever again.
Assistant directer -12 months jail.
Baldwin- good behavour bond

(Log in to remove this ad.)

:oops:

"Hannah has no idea where the live rounds came from. Hannah and the prop master gained control over the guns and she never witnessed anyone shoot live rounds with these guns and nor would she permit that."

"She fought for training, days to maintain weapons, and proper time to prepare for gunfire but ultimately was overruled by production and her department.

:oops:

"Hannah has no idea where the live rounds came from. Hannah and the prop master gained control over the guns and she never witnessed anyone shoot live rounds with these guns and nor would she permit that."

"She fought for training, days to maintain weapons, and proper time to prepare for gunfire but ultimately was overruled by production and her department.

She's now going with 'someone sabataged the bullets' , problem is, she still couldn't tell the difference between blanks and real bullets ehich is her job.
The blame shifting from her and the assistant director is disgusting to watch and an insult to the deceased women.

It’s pretty simple. You treat all guns as loaded until you’re personally sure otherwise. If you undertake that basic procedure, you eliminate the risk of shooting someone by 100%. It’s akin to a pilot preflighting a plane to try and spot any obvious issues, it may not be his fault the mechanic didn’t reattach a wing properly, but the pilot sure as hell is responsible for his passengers and plane if it goes wrong. Seems to be a lot of FA going on over this, charges need to be laid, starting with Baldwin.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back