Strategy Circuit Breaker

Remove this Banner Ad

Boys club - worked hard at removing that stigma. Insulting to mark, we've got the best people in the right jobs. Wouldn't give mates a job.
And how are we working to do this? Is it by appointing as many ex-Adelaide players to the coaching staff as possible? Or by appointing the bloke Roo's family go on holidays with to a role he is sh!t at at then promoting him anyway!??I'd love to know what he thinks they are actually doing to combat it.
Well Goody hasn't been offered a job yet and neither has Bernie

lol indeed

Who's going to speak openly and honestly without the benefit of anonymity .. hence the need for an independent external review
If you've got a good culture, people will openly discuss.

If you don't hear any feedback, either you are perfect, or there's a problem

At least they've come out of hiding this time. That's an improvement on last year.

I think it's obvious that the knives are being sharpened for Don though. Note how they only talk about his job security and not that of those around him (including themselves).

Pyke’s a massive problem and needs to go. Just because the rest of the incompetents have chosen to isolate him to save themselves doesn’t make him any less of the failure that he is. They all need to go, but Pyke had currency getting the team to a GF, he could have set himself up. But he didn’t and the reason that he didn’t is because he’s a crap coach.

Rowey should have asked about the sham process that found Nigel Smart as the best candidate as COO. We don't have open hiring processes. We decide who we want and then conduct the search to justify the decision we already made.
“Nigel was the perfect candidate according to our criteria”

*applicant must have played sport at the highest level, wearing number 7, and be bald.

See?

Pyke’s a massive problem and needs to go. Just because the rest of the incompetents have chosen to isolate him to save themselves doesn’t make him any less of the failure that he is. They all need to go, but Pyke had currency getting the team to a GF, he could have set himself up. But he didn’t and the reason that he didn’t is because he’s a crap coach.
I don't think it's as simplistic as "hes a crap coach". Assistants set game day structures, and I'd assume Campo is one of those too.

He's certainly now at a point where he's got nowhere to go, but the fact is you pay peanuts you get monkeys.

We've surrounded a solid coach with many of them.

I don't think it's as simplistic as "hes a crap coach". Assistants set game day structures, and I'd assume Campo is one of those too.

He's certainly now at a point where he's got nowhere to go, but the fact is you pay peanuts you get monkeys.

We've surrounded a solid coach with many of them.
A good head coach would override glaring mistakes by his underlings. Either he agrees with them, hasn't noticed or is too gutless to fix them, any of which makes you a bad coach.

A good head coach would override glaring mistakes by his underlings. Either he agrees with them, hasn't noticed or is too gutless to fix them, any of which makes you a bad coach.
He doesn't agree with them, and I'm sure he notices them.

Doeant make him a bad coach, more so a bad manager.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did he say who conducted the external review and whether the findings are available anywhere?
Nope. When he said it I thought was that a sneaky way of working in the word of "external" when he possibly meant they use what people say externally to review, or take it on board. He did use the wording in a way that didn't say we did an actual external review.

No one knows of any external review. Chapman spoke of the internal review and when pressed by Rowe about doing an external, eventually said something like you could consider an external review (he couldn't say a straight up no, imagine that)

This could be unfair but Chapman seemed to mix his answers up a bit when it came to the review of the fitness / conditioning staff. Early on it was an arms length external review but by the end of the interview he talked as if it was an example of an external review.

After Tippett gate and the camp last year where he has been caught out lying twice, really who could believe anything he says including if he had a succession plan in place.

His succession plan would be nothing more than ensuring the muppet that replaces him is at least the equal muppetness of himself. He’s the dictionary definition of the type that you don’t want succeeded by agreement. He’s the type that we need to go in a public bloodletting. Obviously it can’t happen, but it’s the only way we could have any chance of getting better.

Last edited:
I don't know about you guys, but there's a part of me that's really enjoying this - like we're about to watch it all come down. Emergency pizza party, several interviews today involving key staff, Rowey exploding etc.

Hopefully I'm not deluded about this.

If we can get belted by Saints in front of a s**t crowd, we’re going places.

The club will ride out the pressure which the club is very aware will subside substantially if we beat a crap St Kilda side on Saturday.

They will easily escape scrutiny on this just like they've done every other time
Tend to agree. However they will run out of places to hide. We will either miss the finals, or bomb out week 1. Melts will ensue.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back