Current Claremont Murders - The Bunker

Is Bradley Edwards the Mystery Man in the CCTV?

• Yes

Votes: 28 82.4%
  • No

Votes: 6 17.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beatnicked

Club Legend
Jul 30, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Mar 5, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Socceroos - Matildas
A letter in this weeks “Post” titled
Apology due to Weygers, Williams

https://postnewspapers.com.au/wp-content/uploads/20042019.pdf

a23c46bb79ecde184c1d8107b1908cb9.jpg

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox

Beatnicked

Club Legend
Jul 30, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
The topic of Lorrin Whitehead's disappearance in Victoria on 8 February 2013 and her link to Iona is interesting. She had recently moved to Victoria from Western Australia.

Is it possible that abduction victims are abducted not because they attended Iona as the 1st focus but because they had rejected someone and their link to Iona was known? Rejection by a Catholic girl the ultimate insult to the accused?

Could it be that Jane was chosen because she did not attend Iona therefore not placing the immediate gaze of investigators' eyes on Iona? If there had been 2 Iona former pupils abducted one after the other immediate attention would have focused on Iona. I am curious as to whether the Karrakatta victim had been connected to Iona.

Edit. Lorrin was born in 1969. Ciara's birth year was 1969. Given their birth year it's a pretty good chance knew each other at Iona during their last year's there.

Last edited:

Melsy

Club Legend
Jul 21, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
The topic of Lorrin Whitehead's disappearance in Victoria on 8 February 2013 and her link to Iona is interesting. She had recently moved to Victoria from Western Australia.

Is it possible that abduction victims are abducted not because they attended Iona as the 1st focus but because they had rejected someone and their link to Iona was known? Rejection by a Catholic girl the ultimate insult to the accused?

Could it be that Jane was chosen because she did not attend Iona therefore not placing the immediate gaze of investigators' eyes on Iona? If there had been 2 Iona former pupils abducted one after the other immediate attention would have focused on Iona. I am curious as to whether the Karrakatta victim had been connected to Iona.

Edit. Lorrin was born in 1969. Ciara's birth year was 1969. Given their birth year it's a pretty good chance knew each other at Iona during their last year's there.

Beatnicked, I ponder Whitehead growing up in Cottesloe more to do with it than Iona? Where she drank maybe?

However, being an Iona student within the range of other victims and disappearing in another state, namely Geelong where another Rayney suspect hung out. One that hung around not far from WAIT, in the Bentley Community Centre selling drugs. Are they associates?
One of the worst serial sex offenders in the state? Maybe they all went to sex therapy together? How might they know each other?

Last edited:

Beatnicked

Club Legend
Jul 30, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
I know some of them went to Hollywood. Easy find. Where did the rest go? I think Moir had left Claremont entertainment precinct.

Mary the 1st Moorhouse victim attended Hollywood High. She was born the day after Ciara.

Mary's abduction day to her birthday was 46 days. The huntingdale attack on 15 Feb 1988 was day 46. This attack occurred 279 days before Mary's birthday. Mary was abducted on day 279.

Last edited:

Sorbet Bliss

Team Captain
Feb 26, 2018

Lorrin Whitehead's year of birth is 1971 not the same year of birth as Ciara Glennon in 1969.

Mary the 1st Moorhouse victim attended Hollywood High.
Do you have a link or resource that states Mary Nielson attended Hollywood high please?

Beatnicked

Club Legend
Jul 30, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Lorrin Whitehead's year of birth is 1971 not the same year of birth as Ciara Glennon in 1969.

Do you have a link or resource that states Mary Nielson attended Hollywood high please?

The detail is in Kate Moir's book Dead Girl Walking. Linked upthread. Susannah Candy also attended Hollywood. Kate initially attended Warwick High then Hollywood on 1986 the year of Moorhouse.

Edited. year of Lorrin's birth. January 1971 therefore she was 42yo at abduction not 43.

Last edited:
The detail is in Kate Moir's book Dead Girl Walking. Linked upthread. Susannah Candy also attended Hollywood. Kate initially attended Warwick High then Hollywood on 1986 the year of Moorhouse.

Edited. year of Lorrin's birth. January 1971 therefore she was 42yo at abduction not 43.

Please supply the reference to where it states Mary Nielsen attended Hollywood High school. I can't find it.

Beatnicked

Club Legend
Jul 30, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Please supply the reference to where it states Mary Nielsen attended Hollywood High school. I can't find it.
Perhaps Moir's info about Mary's link to Hollywood High was on one of her various FB pages. She put a lot out there after the accused's arrest. I made a note of the Hhigh connection on my database with a reference the info came from Moir. The book was published later so things may have been edited out. I am no longer on FB so can't search.

Melsy

Club Legend
Jul 21, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
Interesting point if it is true. Birnies and CSK victims in both cases went to either Iona or Hollywood Highschool if the information is true.

There are other schools in the immediate vicinity. I would also be interested to see which schools the victims' mothers went to. Ciara's mother was a teacher at Iona.

The political affiliation of the fathers also a valid point. Were they party members? Glennon's close friends with Richard Court.

Mar 5, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Socceroos - Matildas
The book was published later

Which book of Kate Moir are you referring too?

According to Kate's FB page a few months ago, her book called "Dead Girl Walking" was only 50% finished.

References to Harper Collins and a 304 page book 27 Mar 2017, co-authored by Andrew Muir appear to be innacurate.

Which probably explains why you can't find it on sale anywhere online or offline and why there are no reviews of it I could find.

Happy to be corrected on this.

Beatnicked

Club Legend
Jul 30, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Which book of Kate Moir are you referring too?

According to Kate's FB page a few months ago, her book called "Dead Girl Walking" was only 50% finished.

References to Harper Collins and a 304 page book 27 Mar 2017, co-authored by Andrew Muir appear to be innacurate.

Which probably explains why you can't find it on sale anywhere online or offline and why there are no reviews of it I could find.

Happy to be corrected on this.

That's it. She had quite a lot on her various FB pages previous to 2017.

Beatnicked

Club Legend
Jul 30, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Interesting point if it is true. Birnies and CSK victims in both cases went to either Iona or Hollywood Highschool if the information is true.

There are other schools in the immediate vicinity. I would also be interested to see which schools the victims' mothers went to. Ciara's mother was a teacher at Iona.

The political affiliation of the fathers also a valid point. Were they party members? Glennon's close friends with Richard Court.

Schools really have no relevance.

Mar 5, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Socceroos - Matildas
Perhaps Moir's info about Mary's link to Hollywood High was on one of her various FB pages. She put a lot out there after the accused's arrest. I made a note of the Hhigh connection on my database with a reference the info came from Moir.

It's a pity that your "database" does not include url link metadata to clearly identify the source of your information.

I'd be surprised if you did not just make a mistake and misread or got names mixed up. Easy to do.

Kate's email and mobile number are publicly out their on one of her FB pages.
So it would be great if you could attempt to contact Kate to clarify whether she ever wrote or said anything about a connection between Mary Neilson and Hollywood Senior High School.
Or maybe check out the Hollywood High main FB site with it's thousands of member and mountain of pics and comments and posts from its alumni. Don't think you'll find any mention or pics of Mary Neilson on there. Easy to set up a FB page just for reading FB pages. Pretty hard being a credible sleuth now without having the ability to read FB stuff that comes with being logged into your FB account.

I'd say that there's about as much chance that Mary Neilson was a Student at Hollywood High, as Frankie goes to Hollywood.

Although we can't rule out the possibility that Mary Neilson was at Hollywood High for such a short time, possibly in early High school, that no one remembers the fact, or considers that it to be of any significance, given that if Mary had school at Hollywood High upon Graduation, she would have been in Year 12 in either 1980 or 1981, 5-6 years prior to her Murder whilst a Psychology student at UWA.

Beatnicked

Club Legend
Jul 30, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
It's a pity that your "database" does not include url link metadata to clearly identify the source of your information.

I'd be surprised if you did not just make a mistake and misread or got names mixed up. Easy to do.

Kate's email and mobile number are publicly out their on one of her FB pages.
So it would be great if you could attempt to contact Kate to clarify whether she ever wrote or said anything about a connection between Mary Neilson and Hollywood Senior High School.
Or maybe check out the Hollywood High main FB site with it's thousands of member and mountain of pics and comments and posts from its alumni. Don't think you'll find any mention or pics of Mary Neilson on there. Easy to set up a FB page just for reading FB pages. Pretty hard being a credible sleuth now without having the ability to read FB stuff that comes with being logged into your FB account.

I'd say that there's about as much chance that Mary Neilson was a Student at Hollywood High, as Frankie goes to Hollywood.

Although we can't rule out the possibility that Mary Neilson was at Hollywood High for such a short time, possibly in early High school, that no one remembers the fact, or considers that it to be of any significance, given that if Mary had school at Hollywood High upon Graduation, she would have been in Year 12 in either 1980 or 1981, 5-6 years prior to her Murder whilst a Psychology student at UWA.

I do have a link that is no longer valid smarty.
The school rabbithole is of no interest.

Mar 5, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Socceroos - Matildas
The school rabbithole is of no interest.

I'd like to thank you Beatnicked, for unwittingly leading me to discover that there was another tragic Hollywood Senior High School (HSHS) story hidden in one of the HSHS FB picture/posts/comments (Don't ask me why they include "Senior" in the name, as it catered for all standard years of High School for decades.)

A tragic tale of another cold case, still unsolved. Of Sophie Woodman, a 13yo Year 8 student (1st year Hollywood Senior High School)
One that Kate Moir claims (on her FB page) she is currently investigating.

https://missingpersons.gov.au/search/wa/sophie-woodman

Missing since: Friday, March 21, 1980
Responsible jurisdiction: WA
Year of birth: 1966
Age now: 52
Height: 170cm
Build: Slim
Hair: Blonde
Eyes: Blue
Complexion: Fair
Ethnicity: Caucasian
Circumstances
Sophie Woodman was last seen at about 7:00pm on 21 March 1980 when she left home with a girlfriend. Both girls had pre-arranged to leave home and travel to the eastern states. The girls parted company in Victoria after making arrangements to meet again in Queensland.
The friend has since been located but was not able to assist with the location of Sophie. Despite extensive inquiries and publicity, Sophie has not been located. Concerns are held for her safety and welfare.
If you have information that may assist police to locate Sophie please call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back