Current Claremont Murders Discussion & Edwards trial updates pt2

How would you find Bradley Robert Edwards?

• Not guilty on all

• Guilty on all

• Ciara Glennon - Guilty

• Ciara Glennon & Jane Rimmer - Guilty

• I need more information!

• This is sooo sub-judice, I'm dobbing you in shellyg

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The accused does sound like a teenager. Such a dramatic TRG arrest must have thrown him. Thinking, at the most only anticipated being asked a few questions about certain past offences with a basic pre-planned response. Such as WTF, why me, why me, blah, blah, blah etc.

Perhaps he’s always acted dumb when accused of something, but he’s never had to deal with our legendary Detective Senior Sergeant Joe Marripodi – damm he’s good!
I hadn't thought about it before, but wonder if the TRG arrest was tactical in terms of trying to throw him off and get him uncomfortable/defensive to at least start talking. As opposed to a couple of detectives picking him up quietly and bringing him to the station where he can palm off the charges as he isn't feeling threatened

I hadn't thought about it before, but wonder if the TRG arrest was tactical in terms of trying to throw him off and get him uncomfortable/defensive to at least start talking. As opposed to a couple of detectives picking him up quietly and bringing him to the station where he can palm off the charges as he isn't feeling threatened

That's certainly how it went down. But I wonder if bringing him in to discuss the Huntingdale Prowler events and segueing into rape and murder wouldn't have been at least as effective?

I also note there was no mention of Hollywood Hospital. Did they know of that at the time of the interview?

That's certainly how it went down. But I wonder if bringing him in to discuss the Huntingdale Prowler events and segueing into rape and murder wouldn't have been at least as effective?

I also note there was no mention of Hollywood Hospital. Did they know of that at the time of the interview?

From Wife 1's boarder lover, there was a hint of BRE having at some time even if not then weapons. Alleged serial killer plus weapons, you get the TRG treatment.

With or without the commando roll.

BRE was only arrested on suspicion of crimes. Therefore, I suppose that the police had to nominate all the crimes. Nearly sure that is the case.

From Wife 1's boarder lover, there was a hint of BRE having at some time even if not then weapons. Alleged serial killer plus weapons, you get the TRG treatment.

With or without the commando roll.

This is the Canadian softly softly approach. Just as much tactical as Sgt Joe, but from a very soft start.

NB. The good Colonel also liked wearing ladies' underwear - and killing them.

Last edited:
Prior to the arrest, I can imagine the squad discussing the matter at length, with an overbearing desire to take the accused down with a huge bang. That scenario will be the highlight of their careers which they'll be talking about for years.
Every word spoken by Joe showed the interview was planned and well thought through.
Like everyone else they wanted a confession, save the cost and effort for everyone involved.

Last edited:
This is the Canadian softly softly approach. Just as much tactical as Sgt Joe, but from a very soft start.

They were dealing with not just a highly trained soldier but a commander, a physical confrontation would have triggered him into something else and they may not have got their confession.

Totally different to BRE imo. He needed to be shown how easy it was to put him on his arse. (sorry for language)

They were dealing with not just a highly trained soldier but a commander, a physical confrontation would have triggered him into something else and they may not have got their confession.

Totally different to BRE imo. He needed to be shown how easy it was to put him on his arse. (sorry for language)

Just rewatching the Canadian interview. It was Huntindale Prowler all over again. Entering houses, stealing women's underwear, forcible confinement, but murder pretty quickly. BRE is alleged to have done much the same but over a longer period of time.

Just rewatching the Canadian interview. It was Huntindale Prowler all over again. Entering houses, stealing women's underwear, forcible confinement, but murder pretty quickly. BRE is alleged to have done much the same but over a longer period of time.

The Canadian Forces burnt his military kit, took it all including fighting uniforms and his boots and threw it on a pyre. A powerful statement I think.

Thanks Jezza,

I'll watch the video tomorrow, whilst hubby's at work. I've read about this cross-dressing commander beforehand. Videos as such, shed some light on why SKs perform such degrading acts, explain how they escalate and what makes them tick. Yes, they're revolting people but understanding them certainly helps.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I only noticed three cuts in the interviews, possible that was cut out?

I don't think so. Justice Hall made a ruling on what would be cut out of the interview. The Prowler stuff was one. I am pretty certain there was nothing about Hollywood Hospital in the redaction list.

This leads me to think the chronology of the case is a bit skew. I think it's possible that at the interview HH wasn't known about, so the story about the Huntingdale fingerprint being matched to HH is questionable.

Alternative explanations include HH being known about but not being raised in the interview for tactical reasons. A second possibility is it was in the interview but cut for reasons that are not documented.

Absolutely. Thats how they got his name apparently, random kimono DNA match, reopen huntingdale, fingerprints in the file not put into the system, run them and they match HH with his name on that file. Edit....questionable you say later....hell yeah
BRE was only arrested on suspicion of crimes.
Everyone is arrested under suspicion of a crime until proved guilty in court. They knew exactly who they were going to arrest and why, they confirmed it was him with the sprite bottle. Confirmation of his DNA at the station was the official match & there were no surprises there. If the DNA didn't match at the station, then they wouldn't have known what was going on.

I don't think so. Justice Hall made a ruling on what would be cut out of the interview. The Prowler stuff was one. I am pretty certain there was nothing about Hollywood Hospital in the redaction list.

This leads me to think the chronology of the case is a bit skew. I think it's possible that at the interview HH wasn't known about, so the story about the Huntingdale fingerprint being matched to HH is questionable.

Alternative explanations include HH being known about but not being raised in the interview for tactical reasons. A second possibility is it was in the interview but cut for reasons that are not documented.
I think they 100% knew, its an old charge he was convicted of. Its how his name came to their attention that I question. Retesting a random kimono that was handled by so many decades later and if that crime had ever been solved at the time they'd never have had it still sitting in evidence or tested it and still be looking for the CSK, I dont buy it at all

I think they 100% knew, its an old charge he was convicted of. Its how his name came to their attention that I question. Retesting a random kimono that was handled by so many decades later and if that crime had ever been solved at the time they'd never have had it still sitting in evidence or tested it and still be looking for the CSK, I dont buy it at all
But it is possible that because it was an unsolved crime the kimono was kept. I know here in Victoria, the head of forensics started freezing a lot of bits of evidence over 20 years ago because he had the foresight to think that with the new DNA science it could possibly be helpful. Boy was he on the money. I thought that evidence was not disposed of until a crime is solved so yes the kimono and for that matter the Karakatta evidence was kept. I am not saying that you are wrong about there being a little birdie that sang somewhere along the line but it is equally possible that the kimono was just on a long list of evidence that was back logged and waiting to be tested.

But it is possible that because it was an unsolved crime the kimono was kept. I know here in Victoria, the head of forensics started freezing a lot of bits of evidence over 20 years ago because he had the foresight to think that with the new DNA science it could possibly be helpful. Boy was he on the money. I thought that evidence was not disposed of until a crime is solved so yes the kimono and for that matter the Karakatta evidence was kept. I am not saying that you are wrong about there being a little birdie that sang somewhere along the line but it is equally possible that the kimono was just on a long list of evidence that was back logged and waiting to be tested.

The only counter to that argument is that the Huntingdale Prowler offences were pretty small beer. Going over those would have been way down the list.

On the other hand, they may have been using the theory that prowling was a red flag for more serious offences so the evidence was perhaps of more importance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back