Current Claremont Murders Discussion & Edwards trial updates pt2

How would you find Bradley Robert Edwards?

• Not guilty on all

• Guilty on all

• Ciara Glennon - Guilty

• Ciara Glennon & Jane Rimmer - Guilty

• I need more information!

• This is sooo sub-judice, I'm dobbing you in shellyg

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not quite.

The defence has already claimed that there appeared to be no conclusive evidence of a sexual assault on Ciara Glennon,
and that there was no evidence that BRE had a propensity to injure without there being a sexual motivation involved (except for the Hollywood Hospital attack and rumour has it, a dog - no sexual motivation component of the dog rumour)
and appears to be suggesting that a person other than BRE, that had access to a Telstra vehicle could be the killer,
if the BRE DNA found in Ciara Glennon nail clippings somehow got there via some other method than from BRE getting scratched by Ciara in a fight for her life.
A....dog??

Lithium is used in more extreme cases, but his impassivity suggests it's some other mood adjuster.

I just realised I know three bipolar people. One flatmate topped himself in a ruthlessly efficient suicide which involved weeks of preparation including settling his affairs. The other a lawyer who became so debilitated he had to retire very early, and one who I saw in the Type I and Type II states so I recognise the symptoms - at least in them. None of them were murderers or criminally inclined. In the BRE case there must be some additional pathology.
Lithium is the drug used first once a diagnosis has been made by a psychiatrist.

BRE mentioned numerous times that he wasn't the best looking guy around. This would be hard when he was young and all the hot young girls were ignoring him. Then the gf who said she really wasn't his gf as she had no feelings for him. I'd say his rejection issues are at the heart of his attacks & the attacks are his way of having control over a woman representing the women who rejected him.
From what i've seen in the few pictures available, BRE seemed to have been quite a nice looking young bloke. The only reason I can see him being rejected and ignored is perhaps he was perceived as being 'weird' or made women feel uncomfortable around him. His appearance, both hair and clothing were what was fashionable in the day.

From what i've seen in the few pictures available, BRE seemed to have been quite a nice looking young bloke. The only reason I can see him being rejected and ignored is perhaps he was perceived as being 'weird' or made women feel uncomfortable around him. His appearance, both hair and clothing were what was fashionable in the day.
He was also very quiet so I think you're right about how women felt around him

Agreed GPOP, BRE was quite a nice looking bloke, but women do have that "radar" (some of us more tuned in, or "listen" to than others). I worked with a bloke now doing 10.5 years in prison as a horrible paedophile, and lots of women raved about how lovely he was, but there were a few of us that couldn't even stand near him so strong were our "radars" going off !!

The murders im now unterested in are the Delphi murders where, once again, the cops aren't releasing much information at all. It's another CSK fu**up.

That was terrible, there's a school of thought the man responsible for Delphi may also be responsible for the Evansdale murders. Thread here: https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...nd-a-pic-retrieved-from-libbys-phone.1203470/

I've been meaning to update, there's a couple of new investigative pods out with excellent analysis.

I agree that there was/is a resentment towards girls/women who rejected him. Unfortunately with Claremont being such a popular and well to do suburb, It represented the opposite of his life and romantic life.
Yes but some men can't handle the rejections, usually narcissists. Huntingdale didn't have to reject him. He was motivated by past rejections to control and degrade her. The victims are almost always substitutes for the actual woman dlrejectibg him. Ted Bundy killed women with long brown hair parted in the middle as they represented the woman who had rejected him.
This is what I've been trying to say. I think because he was rejected by Wife No. 1 he completely lost the plot and took his rejection out on a similar type of person, Claremont was known to him and provided lots of excluded spots - 20kms from Huntingdale, so not too far from home. He's admitted to the earlier crimes, so has suffered with problems for an extensive period of time.

Working for Telstra over the years as a technician like him and his dad did, sure it isn't going to make someone rich but it should be more than enough to keep all their bills paid and far away from poverty. Then again some people are just idiots with their money.

I don't buy into anything he said in his police interview as truth, it's all suspect with his stories of being poor more likely sob stories. His parents were savvy enough to sub-divide property and buy a holiday house in Madora Bay. BRE had a stable job with a company car and likely the protection of a little nepotism. BRE is FOS.

This is what I've been trying to say. I think because he was rejected by Wife No. 1 he completely lost the plot and took his rejection out on a similar type of person, Claremont was known to him and provided lots of excluded spots - 20kms from Huntingdale, so not too far from home. He's admitted to the earlier crimes, so has suffered with problems for an extensive period of time.

According to Wife 1 he rejected her by staying up all night on the computer, BRE was not back doored by the boarder. He left the back door open and it wouldn't surprise me if he knew what was going on the whole time, even encouraged and got a kick out of it and/or looking for an excuse.

The boarder refers to a phone conversation with BRE that went along the lines of:

BRE - You were having an affair with my wife

Boarder - Yeah no s**t sherlock

According to Wife 1 he rejected her by staying up all night on the computer, BRE was not back doored by the boarder. He left the back door open and it wouldn't surprise me if he knew what was going on the whole time, even encouraged and got a kick out of it and/or looking for an excuse.

The boarder refers to a phone conversation with BRE that went along the lines of:

BRE - You were having an affair with my wife

Boarder - Yeah no sh*t sherlock
BRE provided the explanation that he didn't want a child with Wife No. 1 because he felt that he didn't earn enough. I'm not sure what the wife's thoughts on that were. Perhaps they both realized the marriage wouldn't be long-term. I understand if couples don't have or want children but Wife No. 1 obviously wanted a child because she had a baby.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When BRE's second marriage failed did he attack or kill anyone? His crimes took planning. This was no spur of the moment or Brain fart. HH was planned. He was a regular there. He would have been aware of CCTV. If there was any in the area. How quiet the place was. To let him off with the failed abduction makes you wonder what went on behind the scenes. Given jail time he was on the radar for future crimes. BRE just won Lotto. In his mind a free pass. The wrong number one suspect. Second free pass. Science caught up with him.

BRE provided the explanation that he didn't want a child with Wife No. 1 because he felt that he didn't earn enough. I'm not sure what the wife's thoughts on that were. Perhaps they both realized the marriage wouldn't be long-term. I understand if couples don't have or want children but Wife No. 1 obviously wanted a child because she had a baby.

There he is again with the sob story and whining of not earning enough money. They both had jobs, all she would have had to do to cut their costs down was give up her horse and sell the float.

There he is again with the sob story and whining of not earning enough money. They both had jobs, all she would have had to do to cut their costs down was give up her horse and sell the float.

He was earning more than enough to pay the mortgage and have plenty left over. Car hobbies would be a lot more expensive than owning and agisting a horse (speaking as the father of daughter who's been riding often twice daily for 23 of her 27 years and my workshop is overflowing with damned smelly horse kit!)

It could also be that in his saner moments he realised he was a nutcase and decided to spare the world.

He was earning more than enough to pay the mortgage and have plenty left over. Car hobbies would be a lot more expensive than owning and agisting a horse (speaking as the father of daughter who's been riding often twice daily for 23 of her 27 years and my workshop is overflowing with damned smelly horse kit!)

There's nothing nicer or more comforting imo than the smell of leather and horse, you'll miss it when it's gone. So you spend more money on your car hobbies than your daughters horse?

Did BRE spend money on cars do we know?

Upon reading your post, the thought just occurred to me that maybe BRE covertly video or audio recorded his first wife's infidelities with the boarder and used them for his own personal peep show?

Edit: Post, not "post" .. oops

Last edited:
There's nothing nicer or more comforting imo than the smell of leather and horse, you'll miss it when it's gone. So you spend more money on your car hobbies than your daughters horse.

Did BRE spend money on cars do we know?

She's moved out but left lots of kit behind. Luckily she keeps her saddles and bridles at the stables. As for cars? For me they are an unavoidable expense to get from A to B and I never tow floats.

Re BRE I know he mentioned private cars he owned during the interview, and somone mentioned drag racing and/or speedway

HH was planned. He was a regular there. He would have been aware of CCTV. If there was any in the area. How quiet the place was. To let him off with the failed abduction makes you wonder what went on behind the scenes.

What makes you think HH was planned? How was he going to get her out of the building unseen and/or avoid identification after the attack when he'd been called out to that job and was officially in the building? Are you thinking he'd avoided being seen anywhere near her office, intended to kill her in the bathroom and slip out without anybody noticing?

It would be really interesting to see the incident reports for that attack.

She's moved out but left lots of kit behind. Luckily she keeps her saddles and bridles at the stables. As for cars? For me they are an unavoidable expense to get from A to B and I never tow floats.

Re BRE I know he mentioned private cars he owned during the interview, and somone mentioned drag racing and/or speedway
He had that gold coloured, eight cylinder sedan, which would have cost heaps and a petrol guzzler.

What makes you think HH was planned? How was he going to get her out of the building unseen and/or avoid identification after the attack when he'd been called out to that job and was officially in the building? Are you thinking he'd avoided being seen anywhere near her office, intended to kill her in the bathroom and slip out without anybody noticing?

It would be really interesting to see the incident reports for that attack.
My thoughts are he was having an exceptionally bad day, due to pressure at home, and the HH attack was a spur of the moment thing. Does anyone know if he'd met the HH victim beforehand? I think I read he'd routinely worked on the HH equipment. As the lady didn't work for Telstra she may have insisted the charges were laid. Thankfully she did.

Were there any other incidents where he'd lost his temper and everything was smoothed over. Certainly helps if your dad works for the same company, one phone call and he'd be able to be there in a shot.

This was no spur of the moment or Brain fart. HH was planned.

The evidence of BRE allegedly carrying around "ties" to tie his victims up with, possibly at all/most time when out and about, just in case they were needed,
is some evidence of the general planning that he took for his attacks.

Pretty hard to make ties on the spur of the moment when you lose control and suddenly attack someone.

The evidence of BRE allegedly carrying around "ties" to tie his victims up with, possibly at all/most time when out and about, just in case they were needed,
is some evidence of the general planning that he took for his attacks.

Pretty hard to make ties on the spur of the moment when you lose control and suddenly attack someone.

That depends on what the 'ties' are. We know that in KK the ties were plastic clothes-line with one-way(?) slip knots. We also know he had access to large ratchet style nylon cable ties of a type similar to those used by some Polce and Military.

The question in KK is whether he was cunning and not using Telstra cable ties in case they pointed to him; or he used the clothesline because he didn't think the cable ties were strong enough; or he was just crackers and liked the idea of complex knots.

Personally I'm going for the crackers option.

Were there any other incidents where he'd lost his temper and everything was smoothed over.

I'd hardly call, placing hand with cloth over someones mouth from behind and dragging them backwards towards work toilets during a violent attack,
as just losing ones temper.

Maybe to some of his family, and in his own warped mind, Bradley just lost his temper in Hollywood Hospital that day.

Any time I've lost my temper, I'm pretty sure no-one thought they were going to die. (I certainly hope not)

stunning evidence from a woman who escaped a violent attack by Bradley Robert Edwards....
the accused pounced on her and tried to drag her to a toilet block ...
When Edwards asked to use the toilet, she admitted she "grunted" her permission...
After she heard the toilet flush "a bit quick", Edwards emerged, then said he had forgotten his pen and asked if he could retrieve it.
She thought it was a strange question but told him he could get it.
Instead, he attacked her from behind.
"His hand came around my face. I was trying desperately not to breathe because I thought there was something on the cloth," she said.
"I honestly thought I was going to die.
"I breathed in and there was nothing on the cloth so that was when I started to really struggle.
"I thought 'I've got a chance here'.
"My feet kept slipping on the carpet. There was a lot of strength but I managed to twist around."
She said she was being "pulled back and hoicked up" towards the toilet.
The woman's chair fell over during the 10-second ordeal, which suddenly stopped.
"It was the strangest.
"One minute I was, I felt, fighting for my life and the next minute he's just saying 'I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry'."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back