Current Claremont Murders Discussion & Edwards trial updates pt2

How would you find Bradley Robert Edwards?

• Not guilty on all

• Guilty on all

• Ciara Glennon - Guilty

• Ciara Glennon & Jane Rimmer - Guilty

• I need more information!

• This is sooo sub-judice, I'm dobbing you in shellyg

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still would like to know if he was supposed to pick up Mr. Cook in it or if the arrangement was supposed to be to go in the private car on the Saturday.

Its a shame we don't have an answer to it really, what BREs excuse was. There's a possibility he might have been trying to keep the mileage down, what he saved on the clock by using Cook's car made up for what he used travelling with Sarah?

From WAToday
Conflicting testimony about working on Saturday 27 1996 at Dumas House

'Mr Edwards worked a 14-hour day in the hours after Sarah was last seen': Telstra technician
The next witness to be called is John Travis.
The 66-year-old has light grey hair and is wearing glasses and a black, buttoned-up shirt.
He worked at Telstra between 1982 and 2013.
Mr Edwards is taking notes during Mr Travis' evidence.
Mr Travis said he met Mr Edwards in the course of his work.
"There'd be times when I'd need outside assistance and I'd ask for team leaders to source some volunteers to assist me and it was during those occasions that Brad would come work with me," he said.
He is now talking about a shift he managed on Saturday, January 27, 1996 at Dumas House.
Mr Edwards attended this shift at 8am - six hours after Sarah was last seen in Claremont.
He said Murray Cook - Mr Edwards' friend and colleague who gave evidence last week - was rostered down to start at 10am.
This contradicts Mr Cook's wife's evidence that she recalled Mr Edwards and Mr Cook leaving for work together that morning around 7.20am.
Mr Travis' diary notations from the week said Mr Edwards worked a near-14-hour day, finishing at 9.45pm.

He is now talking about the pager number he had written down at the time for Mr Edwards, which was 137.
Ms Barbagallo is now asking Mr Travis about which vehicle Mr Edwards was driving.
He said he could not specifically say but workers in Mr Edwards' division at that time usually drove station wagons for height clearance reasons.
He is now talking about when a work vehicle was being serviced, there was a pool vehicle fleet available which employees could sign in and out through a fleet manager.
Mr Yovich is now cross-examining Mr Travis.
Mr Travis said the pool vehicle keys were kept in a key box and from his memory, the box was open when he would see it, but may have been locked at the end of the day.
He is being asked now if he has an individual memory for the day he worked with Mr Edwards at Dumas House, he has said no and that he is relying on his diary entries, which he wrote down to lodge employee timesheets, which was his responsibility.
Mr Travis has agreed Mr Cook would have left at 6.45pm at the latest that day, which contradicts the previous evidence that Mr Cook and Mr Edwards drove into work together."

Was he fudging his time sheets?

Last edited:
Talking about cars....I am still interested in the crash in the VS on Stirling Hwy he allegedly had. Details are are hard to locate.

the crash was put down to being unfamiliar with the area ;)

What is the relevance of the car crash? Was it just in regards to describing the vehicle or was it something else?
I think it was mentioned by Carmel at the Feb pre-trial last year as further proof that he had been in Claremont as he allegedly had a crash on Stirling hwy. It was reported in the The Post. I have looked at the pre-trial blogs and they didnt blog it.
It hasnt been mentioned at the trial so could have been an admission.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hollywood Hospital is western suburbs and he was certainly there. What he actually said may differ from what is reported.
It was reported he told many blatant lies during his interview. I do trust Post Newspapers, it has the best reporting. Can't wait to hear his recorded six and a half hour interview heard in Court.

It was reported he told many blatant lies during his interview. I do trust Post Newspapers, it has the best reporting. Can't wait to hear his recorded six and a half hour interview heard in Court.

I hope that ends up on youtube.

It's already been preshadowed that some of the interview is inadmissible. What turns up in court certainly won't be the the whole 6 1/2 hours

A couple of the lies I can understand such as denying the rape and the Huntingdale attack.
The denying ever been to Claremont is a fair bit harder to explain.

It's already been preshadowed that some of the interview is inadmissible. What turns up in court certainly won't be the the whole 6 1/2 hours
From reading the judgements, not a great deal of it has been ruled inadmissible. The bit about "science speaks for itself" in regards DNA was, as was the portion related to dressing up in womens clothes and the Huntington prowler series.
The rest seems like fair game.

From reading the judgements, not a great deal of it has been ruled inadmissible. The bit about "science speaks for itself" in regards DNA was, as was the portion related to dressing up in womens clothes and the Huntington prowler series.
The rest seems like fair game.

You can be sure much of it will be omitted by the prosecution as irrelevant to their case. Some will be omitted by order of the judge. The defence will bring up some other bits. In no way will it be 6.5 hours total.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back