Current Claremont Murders Discussion & Edwards trial updates pt2

How would you find Bradley Robert Edwards?

• Not guilty on all

• Guilty on all

• Ciara Glennon - Guilty

• Ciara Glennon & Jane Rimmer - Guilty

• I need more information!

• This is sooo sub-judice, I'm dobbing you in shellyg

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Justice Hall made it very clear he wasn't going to release any video other than the tiny fragments and stills released during the investigation, earlier (police assisted) media coverage, and during the trial.

In any event it's all potato-cam quality. They got far better quality back from the moon in 1967 than they got in Claremont in the 90s

And of course they utterly failed to use ANPR which was available then and had been catching crims in cars in the UK from 1981 (though not widely till it got cheaper)

i cant recall, but was the use of the video cameras announced publicly at the time? could it of been more of a PR stunt to make it look like those in power had a handle on the CSK?
IIRC at some point the local council did publicly announce their intention to upgrade street lighting, move the phone boxes and install more CCT cameras in an effort to make Claremont precinct safer. Though not sure if this particular camera was included in the upgrades. Certainly hope not!! possibly could have been more of a PR stunt.
It would be interesting to know of the exact time of his ATM withdrawals and see if anything showed up on any CCT at those times.

I'm waiting but keeping myself busy in the meantime. We know he'll be sentenced for the break-in and rapes. If he can't be charged for anything else, are they obliged to start looking at other crimes.
Its an interesting question.

As you note he will be sentenced for something - this at least will give them comfort of knowing where he is in case they need to get in touch.

The question will be about resources and evidence they may have versus evidence they may be able to gather over a longer period. WAPOL have to be mindful of the passing of time and witness memories or even deaths etc.

I think the best answer is that when they feel they can prosecute successfully any further charges will be laid then

Itching for verdict day. Anyone else guilty of that?
I'm actually feeling quite nervous! as I'm really not sure which way this is going to go. I do feel the prosecution really needed more conclusive evidence, the whole case seems a bit rushed in that there are so many gaps of information that should have been put forward/followed up!! We definitely are not getting the whole picture and the prosecution have only touched on the bare details. Why? Seems like BRE has such luck with people not following through!!

Itching for verdict day. Anyone else guilty of that?
I’m more looking forward to a book detailing the suspect’s life and any other unanswered aspects of this case.

As to the verdict, even if he’s found not guilty on all charges, he’ll still have to be sentenced to the prior crimes. And I don’t think that will happen anyway. I think a guilty verdict on CG and JR is likely and could lead to a disclosure of a location of SS, if he is guilty of that as well. There will be some incentive for that, regarding his conditions in prison.

I’m more looking forward to a book detailing the suspect’s life and any other unanswered aspects of this case.

As to the verdict, even if he’s found not guilty on all charges, he’ll still have to be sentenced to the prior crimes. And I don’t think that will happen anyway. I think a guilty verdict on CG and JR is likely and could lead to a disclosure of a location of SS, if he is guilty of that as well. There will be some incentive for that, regarding his conditions in prison.
Yes!! I'm more itching to read the book or books that will no doubt be written! Hopefully they will be well researched and we may get more of the picture. It's going to be very interesting to see what information comes out after the trial.
Just wondering , will all the suppression's be lifted after the trial? or will some stay in place? I would imagine some names may stay suppressed, but people who knew him may be allowed to talk? I would especially would like to hear what wife 2 and her lover have to add to their cut off testimonies!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm waiting but keeping myself busy in the meantime. We know he'll be sentenced for the break-in and rapes. If he can't be charged for anything else, are they obliged to start looking at other crimes.
I don't know if they would so much be obliged to look if he did other crimes unless they had direct information, though I would not be surprised at all if people weren't coming out of the wood work now and after the trial reporting past incidents where they believe he is the perp.

Yes!! I'm more itching to read the book or books that will no doubt be written! Hopefully they will be well researched and we may get more of the picture. It's going to be very interesting to see what information comes out after the trial.
Just wondering , will all the suppression's be lifted after the trial? or will some stay in place? I would imagine some names may stay suppressed, but people who knew him may be allowed to talk? I would especially would like to hear what wife 2 and her lover have to add to their cut off testimonies!!
Hi Zedx, agree about itching for a good book. I think it's Wife 1 who had the live-in lover? 🤔

I've got a bit of info about the Kenwick house from a reliable source. A completely legal and with permission visit to the house after the arrest found it to be pretty much a tip inside with junk everywhere. It was in very poor repair with bits of timber holding up the ceiling in places.

It certainly doesn't accord with BRE being a neat and tidy individual, plus money seems to have been tight.

Last edited:
I've got a bit of info about the Kenwick house from a reliable source. A completely legal and with permission visit to the house after the arrest found it to be pretty much a tip inside with junk everywhere. It was in very poor repair with bits of timber holding up the ceiling in places.

It certainly doesn't accord with BRE being a neat and tidy individual, plus money seems to have been tight.
Doesn't surprise me at all, also the comments in the interview about boxes everywhere and also the outside looked bad enough to blow that comment out of the water of him being neat and tidy. He looks lazy to me.

That is very interesting!! After everything we have heard!
Can some one remind me when wife 2 left him??

That is very interesting!! After everything we have heard!
Can some one remind me when wife 2 left him??
answering my own question. wife 2 had only left him approximately a year before he was arrested, so we can assume the house was quite run down whilst she lived there, probably getting much worse during the year he lived there alone with step daughter up to his arrest!!

Have you ever seen the state of a house after police have raided it? They up-end absolutely everything and leave it wherever it ends up. Imagine every cupboard & drawer tipped out. Cushions & pillows pulled from their covers. Clothes, paperwork strewn everywhere. Basically everything in the place isn't where its supposed to be. Thats exactly what it would have looked like.

Have you ever seen the state of a house after police have raided it? They up-end absolutely everything and leave it wherever it ends up. Imagine every cupboard & drawer tipped out. Cushions & pillows pulled from their covers. Clothes, paperwork strewn everywhere. Basically everything in the place isn't where its supposed to be. Thats exactly what it would have looked like.
good point and true but doesn't explain the wood holding up the ceiling??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back