Current Claremont Murders Discussion & Edwards trial updates pt3 - The Verdict

Remove this Banner Ad

Fifty n Closing

Draftee
Dec 15, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
Also wasn't there something from his police interview where he mentioned that he sometimes worked after school/hours at his Aunties bottle-shop/hotel? maybe as a cleaner or similar, I can't honestly recall the finer detail but something seems to ring a bell that when he was still at school or maybe just out of school that he worked for a family members pub etc, I thought he said he was still underage at that time and also the venue perhaps was The Gosnells Hotel/Ogdens.

Likeamystery

All Australian
Aug 11, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
Also wasn't there something from his police interview where he mentioned that he sometimes worked after school/hours at his Aunties bottle-shop/hotel? maybe as a cleaner or similar, I can't honestly recall the finer detail but something seems to ring a bell that when he was still at school or maybe just out of school that he worked for a family members pub etc, I thought he said he was still underage at that time and also the venue perhaps was The Gosnells Hotel/Ogdens.
Such a good pick up. There are a couple of hotels near to Huntingdale. He probably rode his push bike over to the hotel.

Likeamystery

All Australian
Aug 11, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
The thread has been so quite. Seems there hasn't been a soul around. Last night Feeling Throaty visited a couple of other forums but neglected to pop in and give us an update as to where he's been or intends going. Where have you been FT?

zedx

All Australian
Feb 23, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
The thread has been so quite. Seems there hasn't been a soul around. Last night Feeling Throaty visited a couple of other forums but neglected to pop in and give us an update as to where he's been or intends going. Where have you been FT?

Yes very quiet, but i think once people come out to media with more information this thread will liven up !! And you never know some one may ( not realizing the importance of their information) come forward with some info which may help connect the dots as to where Sarah is !! Fingers crossed.

Likeamystery

All Australian
Aug 11, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
Yes very quiet, but i think once people come out to media with more information this thread will liven up !! And you never know some one may ( not realizing the importance of their information) come forward with some info which may help connect the dots as to where Sarah is !! Fingers crossed.
When BRE was first arrested Karl O'Callaghan advised people not to talk about the matter on social media. I've found people didn't necessarily want to speak about it anyway. I suppose, behind the scenes people have contacted the media and undertaking interviews. As the Huntingdale prowling series was back in 1988 those families may have moved address, remarried and changed their name. Surly it's only a matter of time before we hear something.

javaguice

Premiership Player
Feb 29, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast

FT has suggested anketell road as a possible spot for SS

I must say, I've driven along that road a fair bit and it always gives me the heebie jeebies

You would have to driva along that road to understand how possible it would be to dump a body.

Nobody walks along anketell either so less chance of discovery

Fifty n Closing

Draftee
Dec 15, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
FT has suggested anketell road as a possible spot for SS

I must say, I've driven along that road a fair bit and it always gives me the heebie jeebies

You would have to driva along that road to understand how possible it would be to dump a body.

Nobody walks along anketell either so less chance of discovery

I grew up around this area from 1990-2010 and also spent a lot of my early to mid teens working after school and weekends at Festers Fast Foods on Thomas Rd Casuarina (not sure if I should've made that public pmsl haha) but anyway my main question is, does anyone know what year Anketell Rd became an actual road? would have to have been right around these times in question, i remember when there was no road there at all (not what year though) and I remember when it became fully sealed and linked up to Thomas Rd etc. TIA

Likeamystery

All Australian
Aug 11, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
I grew up around this area from 1990-2010 and also spent a lot of my early to mid teens working after school and weekends at Festers Fast Foods on Thomas Rd Casuarina (not sure if I should've made that public pmsl haha) but anyway my main question is, does anyone know what year Anketell Rd became an actual road? would have to have been right around these times in question, i remember when there was no road there at all (not what year though) and I remember when it became fully sealed and linked up to Thomas Rd etc. TIA
I know where Festers Fast food is located. Whilst driving past my husband has pointed it out a couple of times, and once told me he's bought food there and the guy who runs the place actually looks like Uncle Fester. There's a big sign out the front which has something like Festers Fast Foods, and an image similar to the one below.

1613820937198.png

Fifty n Closing

Draftee
Dec 15, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
I know where Festers Fast food is located. Whilst driving past my husband has pointed it out a couple of times, and once told me he's bought food there and the guy who runs the place actually looks like Uncle Fester. There's a big sign out the front which has something like Festers Fast Foods, and an image similar to the one below.

View attachment 1061951
Yeah thats pretty much it LAM, I worked there from 95-98, Derek started it off in the early 90's, in fact he was just helping out as it was all suppose to be his son Glen who was to run the joint but he cracked the shits and threw the towel in so Derek was left running it, I take my hat off to him hey bloody hard work and very long hours!

Edit: And I forgot to mention, yes it was his son Glen who looked like Uncle Fester haha so thats how that all came about.

Girlnextdoor

All Australian
Mar 12, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton

View attachment 1061951
Bet he saves on electricity bills!

giphy (12).gif

Krusty Crab

Team Captain
Jan 5, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
anketel rd is not far from me, i actually drive that road to and from work every day. lots of place to hide a body, however the section between thomas rd and the freeway quite often gets set alight. between the fires and the farms, i dont know if a body would last too long before being sighted in the open. there is a section near thomas rd that is a state park or similar, could be possible to hide a body in there. im also led to believe that anketel rd and rowley rd are both slated to have large upgrades soon - 2 lanes both ways, roundabouts etc as the new port upgrade in kwinana happens. if anything is just off the edge of the road it may soon be discovered anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fifty n Closing

Draftee
Dec 15, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
anketel rd is not far from me, i actually drive that road to and from work every day. lots of place to hide a body, however the section between thomas rd and the freeway quite often gets set alight. between the fires and the farms, i dont know if a body would last too long before being sighted in the open. there is a section near thomas rd that is a state park or similar, could be possible to hide a body in there. im also led to believe that anketel rd and rowley rd are both slated to have large upgrades soon - 2 lanes both ways, roundabouts etc as the new port upgrade in kwinana happens. if anything is just off the edge of the road it may soon be discovered anyway.
Yes I did read about the dual carriage way planned for Anketell road as well whilst trying to find when this road became an actual road/sealed road.

Tues

Senior List
Dec 6, 2020
AFL Club
Sydney
http://netk.net.au/Books/Christian1...9RUjswT4wz7m0ipqSNfs1W8VRzBDEQd5yLmN6edX470FU A link to Dr Robert Moles review:

Bret Christian, "Stalking Claremont: Inside the Hunt for a Serial Killer" - this is a link to my book review. This is a terrible case of sexual assaults and the murders of three young girls. As a skilled journalist who has covered these cases for over 25 years, Bret tells the complex story with both sensitivity and clarity. Clearly the police had a number of false starts and blind alleys but with the assistance of those skilled in forensic cold-case reviews they eventually got back on track to bring justice to the grieving families. A great read for those interested in real-crime and how forensic evidence can provide the key to justice.

Remove this Banner Ad