Current Claremont Murders Discussion & Edwards trial updates pt3 - The Verdict

Remove this Banner Ad

broken paradigm

Debutant
Feb 10, 2021
AFL Club
West Coast
It would only be backdated to the date of the attack if he was taken into & kept in custody from 07May, which he wasn't, so it can only be from sentencing, or backdated to the guilty plea. He wasn't technically guilty of anything when he was charged for the offence.
Thanks for this valuable info. Immediately after the attack he was saying 'sorry' to Wendy so was that evidence of his guilt? So when he pleaded guilty on 11/5/1990 his first Court appearance, that day would be the commencement of his probation period and he received 2 years so his probation would be fully served on 11/5/1992?

Cheers

broken paradigm

Debutant
Feb 10, 2021
AFL Club
West Coast
Why don't you save Krusty Crab, & anyone else that's interested, the drama of trying to pin point the exact co-ordinates your referring to & just print them as has been asked of you?
Unless the exact locations have been confirmed, which they havent, it's a guess at best so the least you can do is make clear the exact details your basing your assumptions on.
EDIT - pleased you've now changed your original post to include the requested details.
Sorry about that, but I wouldn't call what I have discovered as 'assumptions', everything is based on fact.

I thought that everyone on here knew address etc. I personally think he was working to a divorce timetable from 1995, but he has always had a modus operandi that is very interesting. And he never stopped!

The degree from his parents 144 Gay residence to the final site he chose for Ciara is at 334 compass bearing, therefore from Ciara to his 144 Gay it is 154. 334 is connected to the birthdate of his paternal grandmother, 154 is connected to the birthdate of his father.

In the 1988 leap year the same compass bearings were used but and extra 'day' or 'degree' added in the case of 'Dorothy'. the abduction site to Centenary Bridge is 155 and Centenary to the abduction site is 335.

The site in Monument Street where it is believed he chose to murder Sarah is at 211 from the abduction scene, or 31 from Monument to the abduction scene. Once again, but with a twist, 211 is connected to his father's birthdate, and 31 to his paternal grandmother's birthdate. they are both the remaining days in the year after each of their birthdates.

in 1995 the compass bearing from Karrakatta Cemetery to the Rowe Park abduction scene was 254. His parents birthdates are 254 days apart, commencing with his father's birthdate.

The abduction scene for Sarah was at 254 compass bearing to the OBH.

The 1995 abduction occurred 254 days after his father's 1994 birthday.

The Monument Street, Mosman Park murder scene is at 227 compass bearing from the 1995 Karrakatta Cemetery rape scene. The attack at Hollywood Hospital occurred 227 days after his mother's birthday. Monument Street scene is at 47 compass bearing to Karrakatta Cemetery. the annual birthdates of Julie and Sarah were 47 days apart (starting with Julie). David Birnie's birthday 16/2 happens to fall on the 47th day.

In a leap year the birthdates of David and Catherine Birnie are 97 days apart (starting with his) - see below. His birthday falls 157 days after Sarah's birthday on 12/9. If you add 97 to 157 (to get to Catherine's birthday) the sum is 254, simply Catherine's leap year birthdate is 254 days from Sarah's birthdate.

Given Julie disappeared the year after the Birnie's conviction it is interesting. Birnie was convicted (after a guilty plea) on 10/2/1987 and this was 167 days before Julie's birthday. Jane was placed at 167 degrees from the Claremont abduction site.

The 1988 Centenary Bridge site is at 277 degrees to the personal items site discovered in 1997 and now believed to be connected to Julie Cutler. The Monument Street site he chose at which to murder Sarah is at 277 degrees to Julie's personal items discovery site at cnr of Beach and Marine in Cottesloe. Therefore the Dorothy Centenary Bridge final scene is at 277 to Sarah and Sarah at 277 to Julie's items. In reverse it is 97. He stalked Claremont for Ciara on 14/3/1997 which was 97 days after his birthday and 83 days after his 1st wife's child was born in 1996. 83 - 360 = 277. His paternal grandfather's birthday falls on the 277th day in a non leap year (which 1997 was). Julie's items were dumped in the sand dune in 1997 - no doubt about that.

one eyed spy

All Australian
Feb 11, 2018
AFL Club
Sydney
Thanks for this valuable info. Immediately after the attack he was saying 'sorry' to Wendy so was that evidence of his guilt? So when he pleaded guilty on 11/5/1990 his first Court appearance, that day would be the commencement of his probation period and he received 2 years so his probation would be fully served on 11/5/1992?

Cheers
No, the finding of guilt is within the courtroom when he was asked to enter a plea & it was accepted by the judge so the date of offence is mostly irrelevant unless he had been taken into & kept in custody on that date, then, things are usually backdated to the time someone is detained. Until a court convicts you, you are technically innocent regardless of any prior admissions of guilt. Nothing stops you admitting guilt to someone then entering a not guilty plea where it will be up to the prosecution to prove your guilt to the court.
I'm unsure if the sentencing judge backdated his start date to the guilty plea or nor whether he was sentenced at the same time, probably not.

one eyed spy

All Australian
Feb 11, 2018
AFL Club
Sydney
Sorry about that, but I wouldn't call what I have discovered as 'assumptions', everything is based on fact.

I thought that everyone on here knew address etc. I personally think he was working to a divorce timetable from 1995, but he has always had a modus operandi that is very interesting. And he never stopped!

The degree from his parents 144 Gay residence to the final site he chose for Ciara is at 334 compass bearing, therefore from Ciara to his 144 Gay it is 154. 334 is connected to the birthdate of his paternal grandmother, 154 is connected to the birthdate of his father.

In the 1988 leap year the same compass bearings were used but and extra 'day' or 'degree' added in the case of 'Dorothy'. the abduction site to Centenary Bridge is 155 and Centenary to the abduction site is 335.

The site in Monument Street where it is believed he chose to murder Sarah is at 211 from the abduction scene, or 31 from Monument to the abduction scene. Once again, but with a twist, 211 is connected to his father's birthdate, and 31 to his paternal grandmother's birthdate. they are both the remaining days in the year after each of their birthdates.

in 1995 the compass bearing from Karrakatta Cemetery to the Rowe Park abduction scene was 254. His parents birthdates are 254 days apart, commencing with his father's birthdate.

The abduction scene for Sarah was at 254 compass bearing to the OBH.

The 1995 abduction occurred 254 days after his father's 1994 birthday.

The Monument Street, Mosman Park murder scene is at 227 compass bearing from the 1995 Karrakatta Cemetery rape scene. The attack at Hollywood Hospital occurred 227 days after his mother's birthday. Monument Street scene is at 47 compass bearing to Karrakatta Cemetery. the annual birthdates of Julie and Sarah were 47 days apart (starting with Julie). David Birnie's birthday 16/2 happens to fall on the 47th day.

In a leap year the birthdates of David and Catherine Birnie are 97 days apart (starting with his) - see below. His birthday falls 157 days after Sarah's birthday on 12/9. If you add 97 to 157 (to get to Catherine's birthday) the sum is 254, simply Catherine's leap year birthdate is 254 days from Sarah's birthdate.

Given Julie disappeared the year after the Birnie's conviction it is interesting. Birnie was convicted (after a guilty plea) on 10/2/1987 and this was 167 days before Julie's birthday. Jane was placed at 167 degrees from the Claremont abduction site.

The 1988 Centenary Bridge site is at 277 degrees to the personal items site discovered in 1997 and now believed to be connected to Julie Cutler. The Monument Street site he chose at which to murder Sarah is at 277 degrees to Julie's personal items discovery site at cnr of Beach and Marine in Cottesloe. Therefore the Dorothy Centenary Bridge final scene is at 277 to Sarah and Sarah at 277 to Julie's items. In reverse it is 97. He stalked Claremont for Ciara on 14/3/1997 which was 97 days after his birthday and 83 days after his 1st wife's child was born in 1996. 83 - 360 = 277. His paternal grandfather's birthday falls on the 277th day in a non leap year (which 1997 was). Julie's items were dumped in the sand dune in 1997 - no doubt about that.
You were alluding to the conclusions you'd come to concerning particular dates & directions without providing any clear basis for making the comments nor clarifying exactly what you meant. Krusty asked you to elaborate by providing the dates & compass headings you were basing your comments on & you initially responded by questioning what he was confused by despite he had already made it perfectly clear. I was simply asking you to save anyone interested the guesswork & respond to his request specifically.

Your conclusions may be based on factual details but you're still just assuming they were a factor in his decision making however you care to spin it.

Personally, & no offence intended whatsoever, it's of no interest to me anyway. Firstly because I've seen it before & secondly because I don't for a second think he was that invested in specific timing, dates, directions or anything else, he's an opportunistic killer IMO & I'm not invested at all in assuming what may or may not have gone through his twisted mind regardless any parallels or coincidences that may be uncovered after spending forever trying to find them.

BFew

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 5, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
BRE and 1st wife lived in Mayer Close Noranda and that address would be NNE of Spinoza. Noranda is NNE of Mt Lawley.
Thanks to both of you for the correction.
For someone that knows that area quite well, I've no idea how I arsed that post up so much (now edited).

Partly explains why I was never a taxi driver.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

broken paradigm

Debutant
Feb 10, 2021
AFL Club
West Coast
He was sentenced on
No, the finding of guilt is within the courtroom when he was asked to enter a plea & it was accepted by the judge so the date of offence is mostly irrelevant unless he had been taken into & kept in custody on that date, then, things are usually backdated to the time someone is detained. Until a court convicts you, you are technically innocent regardless of any prior admissions of guilt. Nothing stops you admitting guilt to someone then entering a not guilty plea where it will be up to the prosecution to prove your guilt to the court.
I'm unsure if the sentencing judge backdated his start date to the guilty plea or nor whether he was sentenced at the same time, probably not.

Great info thankyou.

He was sentenced on 1/6/1990 in Court of Petty Sessions, I now ponder over something and that is if that conviction (of assault) had been classified as a criminal conviction and (in the future) had made any overseas travel extremely difficult for him? If that is the case I believe the o/s trip he accompanied his parents and female sibling on in 1988 was his final trip. The 1988 timeline is extremely interesting re dates chosen by BRE.

Cheers

broken paradigm

Debutant
Feb 10, 2021
AFL Club
West Coast
Maybe this will put the line theories to bed once and for all.
I personally have never believed in the 'line theory' either. His placement of Jane and Ciara was deliberate to cause confusion; the calculations need to be done separately. Jane at 167 from abduction site and Ciara at 347 from her abduction site. 167 - 360 = 193 - 347 = 154. Ciara at 154 compass bearing to his parents' house at 144 Gay. I believe I have discovered why he used 347 for Ciara; there had only ever been one other divorce in either paternal or maternal families and that occurred in the maternal family with the decree nisi issued on the 347th day and absolute granted 109 days later. That party at fault was the female and her infidelity and abandonment of children. The 347th day is actually 357 days after the birth of 1st wife's child.

As I explained previously, he chose to declare his marriage irreconcilable on the day after the 1996 birth of his 1st wife's child and the irreconcilable day was the 357th day.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad