Current Claremont Murders Discussion & Edwards trial updates pt3 - The Verdict

Remove this Banner Ad

Coastie19

Senior List
Apr 22, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Has there been any recent podcasts etc to listen to? I can’t find it but kurve posted part 1 and was hoping someone could post all parts for us to listen to. TIA
There's been a couple recently on True Blue Crime. Couple of little tid bits of info in them I wasn't aware of. I have been waiting impatiently since the trial ended for some stories/interviews with people that are going to give us some info we didn't know about that we will be like woahhhh about, but sadly haven't got yet....

Im New

Debutant
Jan 1, 2011
Sydney
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Diligaf FC
Interesting house up for sale in Kewdale at the moment :oops:
Is this it? https://m.realestate.com.au/property-house-wa-kewdale-137196214 No internal photos but love the description:

Location is fantastic, block size is great, but the home is well beyond redemption. It has to be knocked down and cannot be lived in and is to be sold in a "as is" condition.

This suits someone wanting to build their dream home on a full sized lot of 794m2 in what is considered a good location. It's land value only and will be sold.

• 794m2 block
• 19.61m frontage

Gpop

Rookie
Sep 20, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Is this it? https://m.realestate.com.au/property-house-wa-kewdale-137196214 No internal photos but love the description:

Location is fantastic, block size is great, but the home is well beyond redemption. It has to be knocked down and cannot be lived in and is to be sold in a "as is" condition.

This suits someone wanting to build their dream home on a full sized lot of 794m2 in what is considered a good location. It's land value only and will be sold.

• 794m2 block
• 19.61m frontage
Thats the one!

BFew

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 5, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
For the record, I've screenshot the listing of BRE's 344 Acton Avenue Kewdale WA home and the article in today's woody edition of the West on this, here in the Bigfooty Claremont Murders Media thread.

Being September 11th today (9/11), it's a little bit spooky that the West has placed the "Edwards lair put on the market" article about this on their page 9 today.

The controlled demolition of this near Perth Airport property can't come soon enough.

Kurve

Dec 27, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

BFew

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 5, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
An old idea from New Idea.

Predictably, Edwards scores an imperfect dix.

This whole bunch of Killers deserves nothing more than blanks.

However, as readers of this thread well know, it's not a New Idea that Edwards killed at least 3 people and damaged so many others along the way.

Spot the basic factual error in the below.

'10. Claremont Serial Killer
It is believed the Claremont Serial Killer murdered at least three people in Perth in the mid-90s. All victims were last seen in night spots in Perth’s well-heeled Claremont.

The first woman who disappeared was Sarah Spiers, 18, on Jan. 27, 1996. She was last seen waiting for a taxi on a main road. Her body has never been found. Jane Rimmer, 23, disappeared on June 9 that year, and her body was found nearly two months later in bushland.

On March 14, 1997, lawyer Ciara Glennon, 27, disappeared from Claremont and her semi-clothed body was found on April 3.

Following one of WA’s biggest investigations, Perth Telstra technician Bradley Robert Edwards, 48, was arrested in 2017 over the murders. Bradley was later convicted in September 2020 of abducting and killing Jane and Ciara, and was sentenced to life in prison with a non-parole period of 40 years.'

Mr Blicavs

WOOOOOOOOOO....
Aug 12, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Manchester City, New Orleans Saints
In what is a small consolation, Im glad that Lance Williams lived long enough to see Edwards charged.... what a sad lonely existence that man must have lived after being outed and harassed the way he was by WAPOL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dec 15, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
You wonder how much further interest WAPOL could/might have in this property when it does come time to demolition? Also has there ever been reports of family/friends or the likes removing any previous furniture from within the house I wonder? Is anyone aware?

Normally the news mobs makes themselves well known to the neighbors near by from day one with these sorts of things and offer a financial incentive for a reasonable tip off of such events.

BFew

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 5, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Last edited:

BFew

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 5, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
An Ex-WA Cop connected to the CSK case in the news today for some murderous comment caught on a Facebook video.

'The Northern Territory's Deputy Police Commissioner has apologised after accidentally live-streaming a video on social media in which he jokingly refers to the collective noun of officers as "a murder".'

'Deputy Commissioner Smalpage was previously Assistant Commissioner Professional Standards at WA Police, before taking on his role at NT Police in February last year.'

In the live CSK podcast that Tim Clarke and his team broadcast, Policeman Murray Smalpage (now NT Police Deputy Commissioner) was what Tim Clarke called the 3rd sliding door in the CSK case, rose to a very high rank in WAPOL, and was described as 'meticulous'.

Smalpage was alleged to have been the Police officer that took BRE's fingerprints in one of the 1988 Huntingdale break-ins, and then later Smalpage was handpicked by a Detective running the CSK who claims to have known Smalpage from the Police Academy, to be the Exhibits officer on the CSK case. And it was those same fingerprints that Smalpage took in 1988 which matched with the BRE 1990 Hollywood Hospital fingerprints.

For some reason Smalpage never made it into the final cut of Tim Clarke's CSK book.

Last edited:

BFew

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 5, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
'Seven is set to produce a new drama based on the Claremont killings, to start filming next year.
The news came during the network’s annual Upfronts event which outlined its 2022 programming line-up for media buyers.
“It’s a two by two-hour miniseries that, assuming border openings and access to WA and funding from WA, will get made next year"'

So it's a 'drama' as opposed to a documentary?
Or is it a documentary with re-enactments, dressed up as a 'drama'.
Possibly just a very dramatic documentary.

Who will play young, old and in between Bradley?

Dramatising key people related to this case, whose identities are either still being suppressed or who have requested they not be publicly identified, (like BRE's 1st and 2nd wives, and his step-daughter), could be tricky.

I wonder what the family and living victims think about this 'drama' being aired?

Last edited:

Kurve

Dec 27, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
'Seven is set to produce a new drama based on the Claremont killings, to start filming next year.
The news came during the network’s annual Upfronts event which outlined its 2022 programming line-up for media buyers.
“It’s a two by two-hour miniseries that, assuming border openings and access to WA and funding from WA, will get made next year"'

So it's a 'drama' as opposed to a documentary?
Or is it a documentary with re-enactments, dressed up as a 'drama'.
Possibly just a very dramatic documentary.

Who will play young, old and in between Bradley?

Dramatising key people related to this case, whose identities are either still being suppressed or who have requested they not be publicly identified, (like BRE's 1st and 2nd wives, and his step-daughter), could be tricky.

I wonder what the family and victims think about this 'drama' being aired?
Could be for legal reasons they need to call it a 'drama' rather than a 'documentary' where every fact presented could be challenged under law. I understand they might be portraying some rather litigious characters who prefer the whole thing just went away and was never spoken of again.

SquiffyRae

Senior List
Sep 28, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Could be for legal reasons they need to call it a 'drama' rather than a 'documentary' where every fact presented could be challenged under law. I understand they might be portraying some rather litigious characters who prefer the whole thing just went away and was never spoken of again.
At a guess, they probably want to add Sarah Spiers into the series and can't legally do it if they present the series as being completely factual. I can't imagine the Edwards family would let that slide without dragging them into court (although can you really argue defamation if you it's implying a convicted murderer also committed a murder that 99.9% of people believe he committed?).

That being said, I imagine they'd still tread carefully. They'll probably include Sarah Spiers but in a way that never shows the killer but heavily implies it like showing partial shots of the actor playing Edwards and the car. The sort of thing where if you watch the full show it's obvious the person was Edwards and the partial shots of the car were of Edwards' car. But if the family tried to sue them there's plausible deniability cause they didn't show the actor's face so it might not be Edwards.

I dunno how I feel about the mini-series being produced at all to be totally honest. I think it's very difficult to dramatise true crime for film or television without it descending into some low-budget gore p*rn that's basically just a big build up to the murder scenes and feels super disrespectful to the families of the victims. I don't know if I'd trust any of Australia's commercial networks to not aim for views and entertainment rather than respectfully telling the story

one eyed spy

All Australian
Feb 11, 2018
AFL Club
Sydney
I dunno how I feel about the mini-series being produced at all to be totally honest. I think it's very difficult to dramatise true crime for film or television without it descending into some low-budget gore p*rn that's basically just a big build up to the murder scenes and feels super disrespectful to the families of the victims. I don't know if I'd trust any of Australia's commercial networks to not aim for views and entertainment rather than respectfully telling the story
100%. The idea made my stomach turn over & just the fact it's being refered to as a "drama" makes me snarl. A living ******* nightmare is all it will ever be for so many. They better hope they get it really right & have a damn good reason for making it. Most importantly, if they dont have the full support of each victims family & any living victims being portrayed, they should absolutely shelve the idea IMO.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad