Current Claremont Murders Discussion & Edwards trial updates pt3 - The Verdict

Remove this Banner Ad

imho

Senior List
Dec 25, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
almost FIVE years since the arrest it would not reflect well on wapol should anything of significance now be discovered either at/in/on the kewdale property. it would certainly put an abrupt halt to the new owner's work in progress, and what was thought to have been a steal purchase, at the time, could end up costing considerably more than intended.

imho

BFew

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 5, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
almost FIVE years since the arrest it would not reflect well on wapol should anything of significance now be discovered either at/in/on the kewdale property. it would certainly put an abrupt halt to the new owner's work in progress, and what was thought to have been a steal purchase, at the time, could end up costing considerably more than intended.
Is the new owner possibly WAPOL?

imho

Senior List
Dec 25, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
i doubt it. wasn't it on the open market?
anyway, aren't such transactions supposed to be open, honest, and at full arms length so as to avoid any possible conflict of interest?
even though, i think it was said, that part proceeds were destined to go towards the funding of his legal expenses, i imagine any other innocent party who may have been listed on the title would be more than a bit peeved about it being sold for an alleged song, especially if the sale had contravened guidelines.
imho

Krusty Crab

Team Captain
Jan 5, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
I'm really interested to see how this all unfolds now, with reference to my earlier post about this its hard to fathom that anything could or might have been removed from within the house/shed/yards etc without it being reported on to some degree and potentially a lot of it might still remain as it was when he was arrested to a large extent, what is everyone else's thoughts about this? I mean I guess its not to say that the house wasn't emptied of all/the majority of his/step daughters belongings during a period of time following his arrest and prior to either him becoming an hourly conversation topic in this state and a lot more was publicly known about him/up to the start of his trial?

And lastly what is everyone's thoughts on as to whether you think WAPOL will have an active interest during the demolition period of this property and also actively investigate everything to a certain degree prior to the removal and disposal of it to landfill etc? along with inspecting the leveled site afterwards with whatever equipment they have at their disposal to potentially discover anything that might offer a very small clue or could also be a critical piece to an incomplete puzzle that to date they have only been able to assume as likely but unfortunately have not been able to prove.

The fact remains that no matter how thorough the house and property has previously been searched, you simply could not possibly detect anything and everything that might or could exist with the house in an erected state, but geez I reckon it should further highlight the fact that if and when an opportunity exists where it does occur through natural courses in time such as this then it should be an absolute given that they do, especially even more so when it relates to an ongoing active and open investigation.

It will be interesting to see what transpires none the less, appreciate everyone's views and comments on this and am keen to hear your thoughts.
id say the house would be empty. items either donated to charity, taken home by family members to utilise or store (such as BRE important papers etc), dumped at the tip, or taken by relatives to be sold on. once the final sentence was imposed and the court case was wrapped up, i would guess WAPOL would relinquish all control over the site, and anything inside would be removed by people of BRE choosing. i doubt it would of been on the news, it would make for a boring news story. *tonight on 7 news, movers pack up BRE kewdale home. see the exclusive pics of his dining table and couch, only on 7 news at 6pm.*

personally i dont think WAPOL will have anything whatsoever to do with the demo, earth works or building on the site, unless some new info comes to light. they have already searched, if they had any other info they would be there now. the problem i can see though is future owners of the site. given the high profile nature of the case, and lack of closure on the SS angle, all it would take is someone to say they saw BRE burying a sunflower keyring in the yard and bam - your new house is getting dug up.

Krusty Crab

Team Captain
Jan 5, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
unless it was bought by someone from WAPOL on market as a free agent competing against joe public then i highly doubt it. with the way WAPOL have handled the case to date, and the fact that proceeds are going towards his legal debt, i think any form of scandal in the sale would not be well received.

mrskafoops

Debutant
May 4, 2021
AFL Club
West Coast
I imagine WAPOL might have a bit of a squizz at the rubble and maybe even have one final thorough sweep before demolition just to be absolutely certain there's nothing of value that's lost but I can't imagine they'd find anything interesting. Edwards doesn't sound like the type of killer who kept trophies so I doubt there's something of Sarah's hidden away in some deep crevice in a wall somewhere.

I'm more inclined to believe Edwards was the type of killer to purge all evidence. I know it had been 2 decades but even after taking his car apart there was absolutely no trace of Jane or Ciara in it, even in the most hard to reach places. In the end, it was a case of matching them to a model of car used by Edwards rather than matching them specifically to Edwards' car. His DNA under Ciara's nails was the only way they could connect Edwards specifically to the murders at all. Given he wasn't tipped off that he was about to get his door kicked down I also don't think he's engaged in a mass purge of evidence/trophies etc., at least not immediately prior to his arrest.

In my opinion, that house has told all it's gonna tell which is the sum of bugger all. The only way they're gonna get a line on Sarah Spiers short of pure luck is if they can somehow get Edwards to talk or slip up in an interview
I think I saw in the media something about sandwich bags with semen? Seemed like he was lazy, didn’t throw them out or was keeping them *vomit emoji*
I suspect he may have kept trophies… but where? He had Ciaras undies for years before he left them on her grave. I think he has a place. Wouldn’t be a place that’s paid for, like a storage unit. I wonder if there is a place related to his work? A secret stash spot?

Mudman85

Team Captain
Feb 21, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
I think I saw in the media something about sandwich bags with semen? Seemed like he was lazy, didn’t throw them out or was keeping them *vomit emoji*
I suspect he may have kept trophies… but where? He had Ciaras undies for years before he left them on her grave. I think he has a place. Wouldn’t be a place that’s paid for, like a storage unit. I wonder if there is a place related to his work? A secret stash spot?
Sandwich bags are great and have many many uses. Great to see inventive people coming up with new life hacks. Not something I had considered but I’m sure he isn’t alone. I am curious as to why he kept them. Was he that paranoid about not spreading his dna ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad