Current Claremont Murders Discussion & Edwards trial updates pt3 - The Verdict

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

SUPPRESSION ORDERS IN PLACE

Read carefully to avoid legal issues. We have put variations of the names of the people into our censor list and will be removing identifying information.

The ODPP formally notifies you that any user of the Big Footy website that purports to discuss any matter relevant to this prosecution, such as the upcoming trial, the “Claremont Serial Killer” generally or Bradley Robert Edwards the person, is prohibited under all circumstances from mentioning the name (including just the Christian name) of either protected person, or contain any information which might identify either protected person (e.g. publishing just the initials of the protected person is prohibited).

If any of these things occur then the user and the website will be in breach of the suppression order and contempt of court proceedings is likely to follow. It matters not that previous threads may have contained the names of the protected persons and that their identity is already known to some within the community, including the online community. Now that the orders are in effect, the continued publication of this protected information in any of the earlier threads which continue to be visible on the Big Footy website will also be in breach of the suppression orders.

Given that this matter has now been clearly and unequivocally brought to your attention, I would ask that any further publication of the names of the protected persons, or any other information which might identify either of them, be prevented or banned, and that such information is otherwise immediately removed from the website if a user violates this prohibition. I also ask that any and all references to protected information in any of the earlier threads discussing this matter and which remain visible on the Big Footy website, be removed forthwith.

==========================

Police investigating the 1996 disappearance of teenager Sarah Spiers, the first suspected victim in Perth’s so-called Claremont serial killings, have charged Bradley Robert Edwards with her murder.

Edwards, 49, of Kewdale, was charged in late 2016 with the murders of the other known Claremont victims, Jane Rimmer and Ciara Glennon. Western Australian police commissioner Chris Dawson said on Thursday that Edwards had been charged with wilful murder over Spiers’ disappearance.

The 18-year-old went missing after a night out with friends in Claremont in January 1996 and her body was never found. She had rung for a taxi from a phone box near the corner of Stirling Road and Stirling Highway in Claremont just after 2am on a Saturday morning - but when the taxi arrived several minutes later, she was nowhere to be seen.

“This is a significant development in a long-running and high-profile investigation,” Dawson told reporters. He also said the Spiers family did not want to comment during what was a “very traumatic time” for them. Detectives were looking for a 1992 white Toyota Camry station wagon with the vehicle identification number (VIN) of 6T172SV2109318479, which they believe could help with the investigation, he said.

Edwards will appear in court on charges involving five women on 28 February.The fear that a serial killer was stalking Claremont streets in the 1990s terrified Perth residents at the time and is believed to be Australia’s longest-running and most expensive police investigation. The two other murder victims - 23-year-old child care worker Jane Rimmer in June 1996 and 27-year-old lawyer Ciara Glennon in March 1997 - also disappeared after nights out at the same Claremont hotel as Sarah Spiers.

Rimmer’s body was discovered in Wellard in August 1996, while Glennon’s body was found in bushland in Eglington in April 1997. Edwards is also charged with abducting and raping a 17-year-old girl in February 1995 in Claremont and indecently assaulting an 18-year-old woman during a break-in at a Huntingdale home in February 1988.

THREAD RULES

Previous CSK threads have been closed due to constant derailing, abuse, off on tangents of wild conspiracies etc.

Aim of discussion

The purpose of this thread is for the primary discussion of the CSK case, information which is public knowledge as well as articles related to the ongoing investigation/trial process. Remember that if there are any items of sub justice - they are not to be discussed here

Conspiracy Theories

Please refrain from posting anything related to this. Whilst discussion of evidence and conjecture about the solutions to crimes is encouraged, conspiracy theories generally belong in conspiracies-mysteries-and-the-paranormal

Play the ball, not the man.

No name-calling or abuse of posters is tolerated & don't attack the poster that posts something you don't like or agree with.

This is one of the biggest reasons why topics are derailed and closed. If a thread has started to go off-topic, don't add to the problem. Using the excuse 'It was already off-topic' when you receive an infraction won't work.

No dribbling

Posts that add nothing like: ‘hahha’,’lol’, 'Culture', 'I agree', 'Gold' etc are not wanted. Talk about Crime, and use the "Like" button if you agree with a post but don't have anything to add.

This includes the spam posting of the same material over and over again. This is not the way to get a point or opinion across.

Trolling

Quite simply: don’t do it. Trolling other posters is not sensible discussion and having the sentence "This is not a troll but..." doesn't exempt it from being a troll.

Publishing posters identities, locations, IP addresses

Discussions on user identities or assertion of user identities with suspects or persons of interest is not welcomed - posters ignoring this rule will be issued with a Serious Infraction

Penalties for breach of rules.
First warning will have you sanctioned with either a red card or regular infraction.
Second warning will have you permanently banned from the thread.
Third warning will see your access to the crime board permanently removed.

footy75

Premiership Player
Jun 4, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Sadly I think the murder charge in relation to SS will return a not guilty verdict. No body and no physical evidence. We have propensity but that’s about it. But saying “he did it, Isn’t enough to eliminate all reasonable doubt. I hope he comes to his senses and grows a pair and finally acts with some form of humanity for the family and tell police where SS is.

correct SS not guilty

other two guilty

Port Adel Proud

All Australian
Apr 22, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Interesting to hear that Alison Fan is working with their lawyers on an affidavit to get the video of BRE's arrest released, so i'm thinking here comes a channel 7 show too with her as presenter. Her words were that the public need to see the the demeanour of BRE at that time and how calmly he handled it all in that situation. Which to be honest i was too.

Why can't some people retire gracefully. Her incessant Rayney puff pieces made me vomit.

Why can't some people retire gracefully. Her incessant Rayney puff pieces made me vomit.

They probably tasked her with the puff pieces. I was struck early in the trial pods how determined Allison was in stressing the need to get answers off Telstra and I thought 'ooh, there she is!' She's got some punch after all.

zedx

Club Legend
Feb 23, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
They probably tasked her with the puff pieces. I was struck early in the trial pods how determined Allison was in stressing the need to get answers off Telstra and I thought 'ooh, there she is!' She's got some punch after all.
I've always though Alison to be a great reporter/investigator and always thought she was told to back off from the 'Perth Mint Swindle' as her investigation of this just suddenly disappeared.

daniologist

trainee
Sep 22, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Pohang Steelers
And how did he get to work around so many children and teenagers at WA Little Athletics for so many years without someone saying something to get him banned from doing this?

Lurker here, first post... late to the party hey.

Just to add that even now, you don't need WWC clearance if your own kid is in the team and I think that includes stepkids.

Feb 11, 2018
AFL Club
Sydney
So the one that got away may be in reference to KK?
I have no idea, but being media I wouldn't discount the possibility that whatever/whoever it refers to & the content they put forth, not having any correlation to the headline at all.
Or it might not have anything to do with a victim or a crime either.
The one "what" that got away?
Could be a fishing tale for all we know.

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
Interesting to hear that Alison Fan is working with their lawyers on an affidavit to get the video of BRE's arrest released, so i'm thinking here comes a channel 7 show too with her as presenter. Her words were that the public need to see the the demeanour of BRE at that time and how calmly he handled it all in that situation. Which to be honest i was too.
Yep - people think that this thread will be finished in a week or so will find out there is 2 more years of ''Claremont' Threads

Jul 18, 2010
Australia.
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
West Perth.
Channel 9 have been working on the "tv event" for about 6 months:

I'm wondering if they are classing the one that got away as the Lakeway Drive In attack in Swanbourne (unreported to WAPOL).

Or, indeed if it is the HD victim, or the HH victim, or the KK victim.
Or, the lady in the Claremont park who accepted a lift and returned to get her shoes and 2 male friends. (probs the latter)

Who is the "secret lover"??!! Didnt have an english accent I dont think so maybe not the first wife's affair....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Girlnextdoor

All Australian
Mar 12, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
This should be good. He's the guy that said when he let BRE drive his car, he drove it like he wanted to kill it.
And he said didn't he that he was frightened of what BRE had in the Master (perhaps emphasis on the word master?) Bedroom?

Attachments

• giphy (1).gif
    giphy (1).gif
    6.9 MB · Views: 187
One of many that will come forward now i think, just the tip of the iceburg.

We might eventually see Wife1 and Wife2 on 60 Mins. Together even.

The flaws in the investigation and exploring the possibility that Telstra may have enabled a serial killer could be one for Four Corners.

Girlnextdoor

All Australian
Mar 12, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
We might eventually see Wife1 and Wife2 on 60 Mins. Together even.

The flaws in the investigation and exploring the possibility that Telstra may have enabled a serial killer could be one for Four Corners.
Four Corners would be the only channel game enough to report on Telstra's possible failures, and the only ones i would trust. The commercial channels are just that, there to sell commercials!

Oct 3, 2001
Darwin NT/Mt Lawley WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
MUFC, Swan Districts
His voice is quite distinctive, did you know him DOCKERZ ?
Yep, still do, online now anyway, haven't actually seen him for years.

Edit: I spoke to him after he gave evidence, just to check on his welfare, he said wapol had given him zero support.
I'll reach out tonight, I'm sure he'll be anxious about the verdict tomorrow.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back