Current Claremont Murders Discussion & Edwards trial updates pt3 - The Verdict

Status
Not open for further replies.

SquiffyRae

Team Captain
Sep 28, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
It's all feasible.... kimono tested November 2016. Tested for who knows what reason.

More details would be good. If she's pissed off at wapol here is as good a spot to vent as any...

Get her in here!!

Personally that's where my bull... detector is going off.

WAPOL didn't know the Huntingdale attacker was BRE until they compared his fingerprints to those taken when he committed the HH attack. This was after they'd DNA tested the kimono and confirmed a link to KK and the CSK. The way we have it, the DNA link came first which prompted a re-examination of the evidence in the Huntingdale case to get some fingerprints to put into the database which then came up with a match to BRE.

WAPOL didn't know BRE was the Huntingdale prowler until after it was linked to the then unidentified CSK. So even if this person sat on a plane near BRE, even if he was a big mouth, even if WAPOL checking the seats gave them BRE's name, there was absolutely no reason whatsoever for them to go straight to the Huntingdale evidence box and DNA test the kimono. They could've just looked him up, seen the HH attack, gone before a judge to get permission for surveillance etc., grabbed his DNA covertly and compared it to the KK and CSK samples. Why would the kimono even come into it?

Wombot

Senior List
Mar 3, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
I tend not to believe this story but these people may believe what they say. Maybe they did report someone who was saying odd things and maybe it was investigated. That doesn’t mean it was BRE. It may have been some oddball.

I thought that WAPOL found DNA evidence under Ciara’s fingernail which matched DNA from the Huntingdale kimono, which had a set of fingerprints taken from the crime scene which matched the ones from the HH attack. They wouldn’t need a tip-off. DNA and fingerprint matches can be done by computer database, right? So they just led to the file on HH where they had a conviction and a name. That’s the official story and I have no reason to disbelieve it.

Last edited:

Wombot

Senior List
Mar 3, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
It's all feasible.... kimono tested November 2016. Tested for who knows what reason.

More details would be good. If she's pissed off at wapol here is as good a spot to vent as any...

Get her in here!!
I just think that the police would be transparent about this if it were true. They knew the history of incompetence in this case and it seems that they wanted to be thorough and accountable this time around. This is a new generation and I doubt they would be less than forthcoming about their evidence gathering.

That the kimono was tested as a routine cold case investigation seems very plausible to me. The Huntingdale attacks were disturbing crimes given it involved break-ins with a possible sexual motivation and that the description was of a young man, thus likely to act again.

Tip-offs regarding the CSK were probably constant even up until 2016. Most of them were obviously dead-ends. This big mouth may have been just another dead-end.

And don’t forget there’s a significant financial motivation to such a claim. Just saying.

metic

Club Legend
Nov 20, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
So this is interesting. I came across this on a FB group I visit. Not verified by conversation with the original poster but I thought it worthy of some consideration. Was Bradley a big mouth? Should I invite this person to tell us the story here?

View attachment 1098803View attachment 1098802View attachment 1098805

Not sure why the kimono became the point here, Its not even mentioned!
Im pretty sure that some of us sleuths that followed the case prior to BrE arrest would know "way more knowledge" etc
How did this person know what was "way too much"?
They could have mentioned Telstra guy or something? This was all before the arrest of bre.
It could have been "Peter Kurten" "88mph" or "Bart".... these web sleuthers had topics that weren't publically known..

SquiffyRae

Team Captain
Sep 28, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Not sure why the kimono became the point here, Its not even mentioned!

"You had the case for 23 years, and you did nothing with it. Acknowledge he's behind bars because of a tip off. Which lead to the DNA testing of the kimono"

It's mentioned in the last paragraph. They're trying to fit their story in with the accepted narrative which ironically throws more doubt on their story because the kimono is only needed to establish BRE's identity if they don't know who he is. A tip off which resulted in them checking seats and supposedly coming back with BRE's name (not explicitly stated but heavily implied) would render the kimono a moot point. No need to test it when at the time it had never been linked to either BRE or the CSK because WAPOL supposedly have his identity already.

Who knows maybe this drama queen did tell her friend to report someone who was talking a lot about it but there's no indication whatsoever that this person was BRE and the events that follow just don't match up with reality.

And another thing. That post was made September 2020, describing an event that happened "just over 4 years ago" so let's be generous and say June-August 2016. WAPOL then supposedly spent 18 months stalking the friend when BRE was arrested in December 2016. Why on earth would police be following someone who sent in a tip over 12 months AFTER the primary suspect had been arrested and charged?

Mar 5, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Socceroos - Matildas
Why on earth would police be following someone who sent in a tip over 12 months AFTER the primary suspect had been arrested and charged?
That's why I speculated that they might have overhead, or Police were worried that they might have overhead a lot more than just something very sensitive related to a Kimono. And not necessarily something just BRE related. Particularly if it was persons related to law enforcement/criminal activities, and on the piss, foolishly talking about sensitive/confidential work matters, within earshot of others nearby.

emuboy

Premiership Player
Dec 17, 2006
The Southern Hemisphere
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
South Fremantle, Sturt
I was recently re-watching some old episodes of the Australian police drama 'Water Rats', and noticed a bizarre case of life imitating art with regards to the Claremont case.

In the first series, one case investigated by the Water Police detectives and Homicide squad involved a serial killer who preyed upon teenage boys, disposing of one body into Sydney Harbour, another into a river and a third body could not be found. The fictional serial killer was a man aged about 30 who worked as a telecommunications repairman, these episodes were filmed and televised in 1996 the same year as the real Claremont case began and the mother of one of the missing boys had thought he had run away to Perth.

Jul 24, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
So I was listening to one of the many podcasts to do with the killings and BRE. One completely disturbed me - it was called Chats and a young lady was talking to an admin of a FB group on the CSK - the content was different than the normal discussion - actually made my skin crawl at some points - anyway if you are into pods have a listen and tell me what you think.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

zedx

Club Legend
Feb 23, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
So I was listening to one of the many podcasts to do with the killings and BRE. One completely disturbed me - it was called Chats and a young lady was talking to an admin of a FB group on the CSK - the content was different than the normal discussion - actually made my skin crawl at some points - anyway if you are into pods have a listen and tell me what you think.

Could you put up a link for this please. thank you

Feb 11, 2018
AFL Club
Sydney

I'm assuming you're interested in thoughts surrounding the detail from 19.10 to 22min, which is the only period I'd suggest anyone needs to bother listening to regardless.
Not sure what to think about it. He says that detail was not in the audio he was sent but suggests he's also seen other screenshots etc....but of god knows what exactly anyway?

If it's in writing or is clearly implied in the audio he has, I'd imagine it's the kind of detail the cops would be very interested in regardless if it's true or not, considering who he appears to believe said it!

Not sure what the person in jail now has to do with it exactly, nor why they bothered to mention he's in jail with BRE now specifically, unless theres a heap more to it they havent said, otherwise, that's just irrelevant detail.
But they seem to be implying that the interactions they're discussing were between the jailed person & BREs relative which came to him via a 3rd person who had copies for some reason & who forwarded it to him because he's the admin of a CSK Facebook group? Now, he's shared it on a podcast despite he declined to share the same detail with the FB group anyway & on the surface, it doesn't appear he's sent it to the cops either?

Who knows what truth is held in any of it but if I were that guy & I had any inkling it held some truth, which he appears to, I'd probably be handing it off to the cops & bowing right out of it.

I certainly wouldn't be speaking about it on a podcast with a girl who freely admits she sold her dirty undies online to make money & believes BRE was a customer, whatever that had to do with anything they were discussing either other than it occured & she's certainly a bit strange doing it as well.

They're both obviously alot younger than I think many of us here are & I have to wonder why they would reveal something like that in a podcast anyway. Seems pretty damn stupid to me regardless, & especially so if there's any truth to it at all.
Personally, I think a call to pull their heads in and think about what they've just released is in order.

The host was here on BigFooty, we're getting quite a bit of air even if the sound isn't very good. I've just checked in though and not sure where it will go yet.

Feb 11, 2018
AFL Club
Sydney
The host was here on BigFooty, we're getting quite a bit of air even if the sound isn't very good. I've just checked in though and not sure where it will go yet.
I wonder if the host considered how some people may view her actions whilst she was unemployed in potentially contributing to fuel the sick mind of a person who went on to be a serial killer? I'd suggest not, or she probably wouldn't have dropped such detail on a podcast only to follow it with, I'm not sure why I mentioned that. Has she forwarded the images to cops & if so, is she discussing suppressed detail?

I'm disgusted with them. Pair of idiots who clearly either haven't thought it all through or are oblivious to the ramifications it might have if any of it actually holds some truth. I hope the cops follow it up and confiscate whatever detail they have & so flippantly discuss, which it appears the holder of that detail actually believes is legitimate! They talk about not knowing how they can verify it yet I'd suggest they have no business having it at all & that there are people who are much better placed to be able to do that....the cops! They're highly irresponsible not forwarding it on if they believe it & I have no clue what would possess someone to drop it in a podcast regardless.

Disrespectful from whoa to go to anyone connected to the victim they're discussing.

Also the relative of BRE, which they don't seem to grasp the irony of discussing them in one breath, then saying that the family of a perp gets unfair backlash by default in another. Considering what the hell they just released, I'm dumbfounded. I was going to say speechless too, yet I'm clearly not, I'm entirely disgusted by it & by them. They should remove it IMO. It's either important info that has the potential to lead to further charges against multiple people or its malicious gossip.

I wonder if the host considered how some people may view her actions whilst she was unemployed in potentially contributing to fuel the sick mind of a person who went on to be a serial killer? I'd suggest not, or she probably wouldn't have dropped such detail on a podcast only to follow it with, I'm not sure why I mentioned that. Has she forwarded the images to cops & if so, is she discussing suppressed detail?

I'm disgusted with them. Pair of idiots who clearly either haven't thought it all through or are oblivious to the ramifications it might have if any of it actually holds some truth. I hope the cops follow it up and confiscate whatever detail they have & so flippantly discuss, which it appears the holder of that detail actually believes is legitimate! They talk about not knowing how they can verify it yet I'd suggest they have no business having it at all & that there are people who are much better placed to be able to do that....the cops! They're highly irresponsible not forwarding it on if they believe it & I have no clue what would possess someone to drop it in a podcast regardless.

Disrespectful from whoa to go to anyone connected to the victim they're discussing.

Also the relative of BRE, which they don't seem to grasp the irony of discussing them in one breath, then saying that the family of a perp gets unfair backlash by default in another. Considering what the hell they just released, I'm dumbfounded. I was going to say speechless too, yet I'm clearly not, I'm entirely disgusted by it & by them. They should remove it IMO. It's either important info that has the potential to lead to further charges against multiple people or its malicious gossip.

In the last hour, it seems to have been removed already from Spotify.

Mar 5, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Socceroos - Matildas
Last edited:
Wtf did I just listen to? I think removal was a good thing.

Once it goes up somewhere, I think it's on the loose and can end up on dozens of podcast hosting platforms. It's up on Google pods now. Good luck to the DPP trying to have it all removed.

zedx

Club Legend
Feb 23, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Just listened to the podcast..it really made me cringe and I had to force myself to listen till the end.
- if what D@#$^ says is true - he has a moral obligation to pass this info onto Police ASAP !!
Hopefully he or some one who has listened to the pod cast already has.
He certainly comes across as a hypocrite - calling out amateur 'web' sleuths.
Ohhh.... and a similar pod caster was given a book offer? I think we know what this pod caster has in her sights!!
IMHO I call this BS.

JWS2019

Team Captain
Nov 30, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Just listened to the podcast..it really made me cringe and I had to force myself to listen till the end.
- if what D@#$^ says is true - he has a moral obligation to pass this info onto Police ASAP !!
Hopefully he or some one who has listened to the pod cast already has.
He certainly comes across as a hypocrite - calling out amateur 'web' sleuths.
Ohhh.... and a similar pod caster was given a book offer? I think we know what this pod caster has in her sights!!
IMHO I call this BS.
Agree... I try not to be judgemental on anything and usually would say kudos regardless... but.....a few issues here... i don’t need to spell them out. I guess we are all a bit protective of this one. Especially the Spiers family.

I just looked her up, is she sure men were paying her for the knickers? She would have to pay me a fortune to receive a pair.

Apparently it really is a thing. I only found this out recently where girls dirty knickers are sold out of vending machines in Japan, I had no idea prior to that but did a quick google earlier today and Esty even has a 'Used Panties' section. Gross.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back