Current Claremont Murders Discussion & Edwards trial updates pt4 - Beyond the Verdict

I wonder why the Dorothy perp let Dorothy go? That seems strange to me…

It was a strange sort of attack and utterly terrifying, no idea why he let her go but maybe he thought she was good as dead when he left her. I wonder if the police have ever revisited that crime and run modern tests over the evidence, if there's any there.

A sexual assault related crime article in Today's West Australian newspaper, with links to UWA + Martial Arts (Judo) + Claremont, got my attention in a scan of the headlines this morning.

Two Perth men involved. One has done a runner.

One charged in with being an accessory after the fact in helping the other leave the country
One of them is only a few years older than BRE. The other might be around that generation too.

You'd think that WAPOL might be having a close look to see if any of the unsolved crime cases around the Western Suburbs from maybe as early as the late 80's, where BRE was also a potential suspect, might be in some way linked to at least the bloke accused of sexual assault.

View attachment 1163698

Is this the martial arts guy who was interviewed over the Claremont murders? Was he around when Julie Cutler went missing?

Mar 5, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Socceroos - Matildas
Is this the martial arts guy who was interviewed over the Claremont murders?
I hope not, as the "Judo Man" you refer to in your opening Bunker post, is still listed on the UWA Judo Club website as the current Club President/Club Founder and a Club Mentor, and Peter Swan pictured in that West Article, and who is the 1 of the 2 facing charges (the other is only reported to be under investigation), who did not do a runner, is listed as current Treasurer and a Coach.

The un-named Judo Coach in the West's article I posted yesterday on this, is probably another ex-Coach from that Judo Club (which is not owned or run by UWA). It is being reported that he is not being named by the media 'primarily' to protect the identity of the alleged sexual assault victim.
There is no indication in the article of how many years ago the alleged sexual assault took place. So it could be as far back as 1989.

The Judo Man in your opening 9 Nov 2018 Bunker post here

'In the Bunker we can more safely discuss the history of the investigation, the rumours and the scandal, former suspects, persons of interest, Claremont murders inspired books, Mystery Man in the Rimmer cctv who it appears will irritatingly remain a mystery and is the place where bad theories go to die.
Anything that might risk derailing the dedicated trial thread can go in here. Expect occasional buffoonery and random CSK mayhem so put your stack hat on and buckle up.
Persons of interest to officially suspect, include Peter Weygers the former Mayor of Claremont, Lance Williams RIP, Judo Man, the IT expert who tried to pick up a young girl on the Stirling Highway, Mosman Park and Mark Dixie who raped and stabbed a girl in her apartment before leaving Australia. He went on to murder Sally Ann Bowman back in the UK and is currently serving life in prison.'

zedx

Club Legend
Feb 23, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
There are some rules (not really rules like laws, but more like the done thing) about "responsible reporting of suicide in print, broadcasting and social media". If it was suicide it probably doesn't need to be reported in the media.
Yes you are right, also the report of a suicide has been know to set others to take the same path.

Yes we didn’t hear anymore about the bogsy thing

There's a lot we haven't heard about yet. Like why didn't or couldn't the presiding judge have access to BRE's medical records?

I thought for sure the reason why might leak at some point.

zedx

Club Legend
Feb 23, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
There's a lot we haven't heard about yet. Like why didn't or couldn't the presiding judge have access to BRE's medical records?

I thought for sure the reason why might leak at some point.
Considering the trial has been over for quite some time, I am amazed there has been no media interviews from family, friends, acquaintances, work colleagues etc. I honestly though people would be coming out of the woodwork saying they knew him!!

Mar 5, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Socceroos - Matildas
See the Claremont Murders media thread for more details from the below Kerry Turner - Bradley Robert Edwards article in today's West Australian Newspaper.

There's a huge difference between "no evidence" and "not linked".

Once upon a time, there was allegedly/reportedly "no evidence" that Bradley Robert Edwards was linked to any of the Sarah Spiers, Jane Rimmer or Ciara Glennon disappearances/murders, or the Rowe/Park 1995 Karrakatta attack.

Maybe Bradley Robert Edwards had a watertight alibi for the early hours of June 30 1991, when confirmed witnesses last saw Ms Turner getting into a Datsun, possibly a 260z model.

Had Bradley finished his court ordered sex offenders treatment program by June 30 1991?

You'd think that WA Police would have investigated (as much as they could for so long ago) if any of Bradley Robert Edwards known contacts, had, or had access to a Datsun or car that could have been the one witnessed in the Kerry Turner case.

'for the first time police have confirmed publicly that Claremont killer Bradley Robert Edwards - who murdered Jane Rimmer and Ciara Glennon in the 1990s — is not believed to be connected to Ms Turner’s death.'

'Det. Supt. Wilde said there was nothing to link Ms Turner’s case to any other unsolved cases, nor was there anything to link Claremont killer and rapist Edwards - who is serving a minimum of 40 years behind bars - to her disappearance.
“There is no evidence to link Bradley (Edwards) to this offence,” he added.
“There is no clear evidence that it is linked to another murder but again we keep a very open mind with that.”'

Here's the link to the (3 page) still open Kerry Turner thread.

Last edited:

Frankie1972

Rookie
Oct 17, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
I personally have never believed in the 'line theory' either. His placement of Jane and Ciara was deliberate to cause confusion; the calculations need to be done separately. Jane at 167 from abduction site and Ciara at 347 from her abduction site. 167 - 360 = 193 - 347 = 154. Ciara at 154 compass bearing to his parents' house at 144 Gay. I believe I have discovered why he used 347 for Ciara; there had only ever been one other divorce in either paternal or maternal families and that occurred in the maternal family with the decree nisi issued on the 347th day and absolute granted 109 days later. That party at fault was the female and her infidelity and abandonment of children. The 347th day is actually 357 days after the birth of 1st wife's child.

As I explained previously, he chose to declare his marriage irreconcilable on the day after the 1996 birth of his 1st wife's child and the irreconcilable day was the 357th day.
There was a school on Stirling highway from HJ would be close to 347 where she show me in my dream

Dec 15, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
I have not previously seen this video due to it being pay walled, Tim Clarke mentions at the beginning that its part of a two part video series which I do recall from their podcasts back at the time, my question is for anyone that has seen previously/knows, is both parts been compressed into this one clip ive attached or is there a second one somewhere? I cant find it if there is and would appreciate anyone who has it or can find it if you can please post TIA

Can you please post the other part when it’s available please. TIA.

Jezza and Kingswood. Hope you guys are well and keeping Safe. Just thought I’d do a public shout out to you both.

Hey there :)

Will do, I don't think Part 2 comes out until the end of the week.

mcpharlap

Senior List
Jun 15, 2005
perth WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle. Q.P.R
Seeing all the places again . What that animal did to those 3 beautiful young ladies. Three Cases I can't seem to get out of my head. Anita Cobby, Daniel Morcombe and CSK . The Claremont killings I never ever thought they would be solved and when they arrested the suspect all I wanted was a guilty verdict and the question of where is Sarah answered.

Back