Current Claremont Murders Discussion & Edwards trial updates pt4 - Beyond the Verdict

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm 95% through reading it - it really makes you sad as it recounts Pitchfork describing the murders in detail in his police interviews.

Did you know Pitchfork got released on parole and then was put back in prison after he had been seen trying to talk to women in their early-20s?

No, I didn't know that and it was such a long time ago I've half forgotten the story. It's in here somehwere, I might read it again.

I just hope that this is fully investigated !
I'm onto it thx :)

'A horse trainer has told the POST he saw a man who looked like convicted killer Bradley Edwards emerging from bushland in the Perth Hills the morning Sarah Spiers disappeared in January 1996.'

'This week he called POST editor Bret Christian to say he was reading his book on the murders, Stalking Claremont, and had seen an illustration of Edwards. “That’s the man I saw,” he said.'

He has given the POST a detailed description of the location, at what is now the outskirts of a town on the Darling Scarp.
He said the Telstra hut was no longer there, but appeared on old aerial photographs. He said he could pinpoint the date by the horses he was training at the time, and the fact that he had spoken of the sighting a week after it happened.'

Looking in the Kindle eBook version of the 'Stalking Claremont' book for illustrations of what Edwards looked like around January 1996 (aged 27), I found a 2019 court sketch of Bradley Robert Edwards, and a CCTV image of a mystery man outside the Continental Hotel just after midnight, interacting with Jane Rimmer (1996).

If anyone has the hardcopy of the Stalking Claremont book, can you please check and see if there are any other photos, illustrations, or sketches of Bradley Robert Edwards in it.

Screen Shot 2022-02-11 at 1.17.02 pm.png
Screen Shot 2022-02-11 at 1.25.01 pm.png

I'm onto it thx :)

'A horse trainer has told the POST he saw a man who looked like convicted killer Bradley Edwards emerging from bushland in the Perth Hills the morning Sarah Spiers disappeared in January 1996.'

'This week he called POST editor Bret Christian to say he was reading his book on the murders, Stalking Claremont, and had seen an illustration of Edwards. “That’s the man I saw,” he said.'

He has given the POST a detailed description of the location, at what is now the outskirts of a town on the Darling Scarp.
He said the Telstra hut was no longer there, but appeared on old aerial photographs. He said he could pinpoint the date by the horses he was training at the time, and the fact that he had spoken of the sighting a week after it happened.'

Looking in the Kindle eBook version of the 'Stalking Claremont' book for illustrations of what Edwards looked like around January 1996 (aged 27), I found a 2019 court sketch of Bradley Robert Edwards, and a CCTV image of a mystery man outside the Continental Hotel just after midnight, interacting with Jane Rimmer (1996).

If anyone has the hardcopy of the Stalking Claremont book, can you please check and see if there are any other photos, illustrations, or sketches of Bradley Robert Edwards in it.

View attachment 1325841
View attachment 1325849
Yes bfew , thats the main worry here, that's a bit suss he saw an "illustration" rather than one of the many photographs of Bradley...

Sent from my SM-J320ZN using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I know Brett Christian doesn't report too much gossip but I find this to be slightly unbelievable.

Sees a Telstra vehicle next to a Telstra hut and suddenly thinks it's suspicious.

Sees a picture in a book - which picture? - which he immediately recognises as someone from 20 years ago.

???

I listened to Bret Christian's interview with Liam Bartlett this morning on 6pr and he seemed quite interested in this guy. I can imagine Bret getting all sorts of crank calls, stories and theories over the years so he must give this guy some sort of credibility to actually post this. Fingers crossed it at last amounts to a break through.

I listened to Bret Christian's interview with Liam Bartlett this morning on 6pr and he seemed quite interested in this guy. I can imagine Bret getting all sorts of crank calls, stories and theories over the years so he must give this guy some sort of credibility to actually post this. Fingers crossed it at last amounts to a break through.

Checking in now. Thanks Deva.

Paul Ferguson felt that Sarah Spiers was to the south of Perth near Wellard but some of us in here thought BRE was fanning them out in each direction so she was probably in the east which is where this horseman says he saw BRE coming out of the bush carrying a trench-digging, long handled shovel as dawn was breaking.

Jane Rimmer found approx 40 kms south of Perth
Ciara Glennon found approx 45 kms north of Perth

I'm onto it thx

View attachment 1325841
View attachment 1325849

I have both hard copies of Bret Christians Stalking Claremont and Tim Clarkes Enigma in the dark. The only photos of BE at the time are in Enigma in the dark.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

he was reading his book on the murders, Stalking Claremont, and had seen an illustration of Edwards. “That’s the man I saw,” he said.'
One way to interpret the above, is that the reading of the book, and seeing an illustration of Edwards were 2 seperate events.

That the illustration of Edwards, was some picture or sketch of Edwards from another source.

Hopefully Bret Christian will clear this up shortly.

'The horse trainer was doing trackwork at dawn at the time'

Sarah Spiers was last heard from at 2:06am on Saturday, 27th January 1996.

Sunrise that day of the year (2022) was 5:37am (there was no daylight saving in WA in 1996), 3.5 hours later.

Or 2.5-3 hours after the 2:30am-3am blood-curdling high pitched screams heard in Mosman Park reported to Police by four people, and the light coloured station wagon parked facing the wrong way next to a Monument Street (Mosman Park) Telstra phone box, with 2 occupants in it, where witness Wayne Stewart heard a women scream loudly and heard two doors slam in quick succession before witnessing the car drive off.

https://postnewspapers.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/12022022.pdf
'he saw a man who looked like convicted killer Bradley Edwards emerging from bushland in the Perth Hills'

'A horse trainer has told the POST .... He has described an off-white Telstra station wagon backed up to an isolated Telstra hut'

'Perth Hills is a term used primarily for marketing purposes to identify the part of the Darling Scarp and hinterland east of the scarp that lies within the Shire of Mundaring, City of Swan, and the City of Kalamunda and as part of the constituent bodies belonging to the Eastern Metropolitan Regional Council of Perth, Western Australia.'

'Both Kalamunda and Darlington, as separate and specific areas, were frequently referred to specifically as "The Hills", due to their presence on the edge of the scarp'

Am not sure if the Roe Hwy from Jandakot to High Wycombe was already there in 1996.

I imagine Bradley Robert Edwards would have headed South of the River to get to the Perth Hills (a bit more out of the way than driving North of the River).

He could have easily driven from Mosman Park (3am) to almost anywhere in the Perth Hills before dawn.

Screen Shot 2022-02-11 at 6.11.54 pm.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It just got weirder.

'Claims man resembling Claremont killer Bradley Edwards seen in Perth hills day Sarah Spiers vanished refuted

Emily Moulton
The West Australian
Fri, 11 February 2022 7:36PM

WA Police have dismissed claims by a horse trainer that he saw a man resembling Claremont killer Bradley Edwards emerging from bushland in the Perth hills the morning Sarah Spiers disappeared saying there was “no evidence to validate the information”.

Police have also refuted the man’s claims that he only came forward with what he saw this month telling The West Australian that information was first reported to officers in October 1997 and had been investigated...

... A WA Police spokeswoman told The West Australian the horse trainer first reported his claims in October 1997 prompting officers attached to the murder inquiry to investigate.

She said since then WA Police had received further reports that “have also been investigated appropriately”.

“There is no evidence to validate the information, and the whereabouts of Sarah remain unknown,” she added.

“WA Police will never give up in their efforts to find Sarah.”

The West Australian understands the information contained in the Post article is different to what the man reported to police in October 1997.'

Police have also refuted the man’s claims that he only came forward with what he saw this month telling The West Australian that information was first reported to officers in October 1997 and had been investigated...
Maybe WA Police are the alleged anonymous WA Police Spokesperson is getting Bret Christian's horse trainer/rider mixed up with another person who WA Police claim went to them with Sarah Spiers related witness claims/evidence in October 1997.

Last edited:
Remains to be seen if there's any truth to this, however, when you think about what's been claimed it would actually answer one particular question that's always gone unanswered.
Why we're CG and JR found so easily yet SS is still missing.
If this was indeed BRE disposing of SS and he's been happened upon walking out of the scrub with a shovel in hand the obvious lesson for someone this way inclined is that hanging around to bury a body is risky.
Could this be why Sarah has never been found and the others were relatively easily.

Paul Ferguson felt that Sarah Spiers was to the south of Perth near Wellard but some of us in here thought BRE was fanning them out in each direction so she was probably in the east which is where this horseman says he saw BRE coming out of the bush carrying a trench-digging, long handled shovel as dawn was breaking.

Jane Rimmer found approx 40 kms south of Perth
Ciara Glennon found approx 45 kms north of Perth
Looking for my pins of notice. But they have all disappeared... sounds interesting and Brett usually doesn’t jump in without facts. Obviously needs further investigation though. Would love to see an outcome fir the Spiers family...

Maybe WA Police are getting Bret Christian's horse trainer/rider mixed up with another person who WA Police claim went to them with Sarah Spiers related witness claims/evidence in October 1997.
Let’s be honest the police where mixing a few things up themselves back in 1997... just seeing Edwards has not lodged an appeal, maybe he’s more comfortable now to come forward?

I am pretty sure BRE was working all day on the 27th and his job at telstra from around 7.30am onwards .It was evidence at the trial i think.

BRE worked at Dumas House javaguice with Mr. Cook on the Saturday, I think he took the Sunday off. If he panicked on being seen coming out of the bush with a shovel, he might have gone back to the site and moved her.

There's some discussion here:

BRE worked at Dumas House with Mr. Cook on the Saturday, I think he took the Sunday off. If he panicked on being seen coming out of the bush with a shovel, he might have gone back to the site and moved her.

There's some discussion here:

Cheers Mate
Really hope there is something in the Latest SS info, I so Hope that Sarah's family get some type of closure.

Does anyone know how to view the Sky news show Catching the Claremont serial killer? I’ve made an account with Sky news but it doesn’t come up when searched, only the promo.

Does anyone know how to view the Sky news show Catching the Claremont serial killer? I’ve made an account with Sky news but it doesn’t come up when searched, only the promo.
Try Foxtel On Demand, if you have foxtel that is. If not then perhaps try this site.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back