Current Claremont Murders Discussion & Edwards trial updates

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The cells have a bed, sink and toilet.
Unless the cells have changed, the tiles are red and the inner steel yellow.
When you leave the cell it is centralised around the eating area.
Outside is a large grassed area inside the concrete ring wall with razor wire at the top.

Corrective Services Commissioner Tony Hassell said the prisoner didn’t want to remain in the protective unit and could not be forced to stay there.

https://www.perthnow.com.au/news/cr...injured-in-hakea-prison-bashing-ng-b88912001z

Last edited:
The cells have a bed, sink and toilet.
Unless the cells have changed, the tiles are red and the inner steel yellow.
When you leave the cell it is centralised around the eating area.
Outside is a large grassed area inside the concrete ring wall with razor wire at the top.

Corrective Services Commissioner Tony Hassell said the prisoner didn’t want to remain in the protective unit and could not be forced to stay there.

https://www.perthnow.com.au/news/cr...injured-in-hakea-prison-bashing-ng-b88912001z

You're not really selling this to me Dan

Gareth Parker radio 6PR has the name of the prisoner who was bashed at Hakea, clue is he was in 'for serious offences, very very serious offences' but he can't or won't say who it is. On Thursday, the decision was made to shift that prisoner and within hours, that prisoner was beaten to the extent he was unrecognisable.

The savageness of this assault was something remarkable and shocked prison officers apparently.

https://www.6pr.com.au/podcast/more-trouble-at-wa-prisons/ (skip the first 4.50 mins)

Too much of a coincidence imo.

Shelly reports re BRE last appearance via videolink are saying BRE has trimmed right down physically. He could have been in protective remand due to drug addiction and required a cleanup in lead up to trial.

Whatever we will see the living proof either way at his next appearance.

Does anyone consider BRE is responsible for other attacks or murders or abductions?

Shelly reports re BRE last appearance via videolink are saying BRE has trimmed right down physically. He could have been in protective remand due to drug addiction and required a cleanup in lead up to trial.

Whatever we will see the living proof either way at his next appearance.

Does anyone consider BRE is responsible for other attacks or murders or abductions?

He might be sick or training to go out into the wider prison population. People usually put on weight in prison, especially the drug addicted the average is between 15 and 20 kilos.

Might have to wait until someone sees him in the flesh, video link can be deceptive. imo.

I think most people who end up in jail the first time for serial offences have usually been getting away with it for a long time, imo given guilt he'll never be held responsible for everything he's done. There's a lot more.

Re BRE and his weight loss … keep I mind he was a drinker before his arrest … his weight loss could mean he is healthier

His next court appearance will be interesting. The question of whether it was BRE bashed after being released from the protective unit could be settled. When someone's been injured to the point they're unrecognisable and a guard is said to have been traumatised by the viciousness in the bashing, he won't have fully healed. Fractured eye socket and cheekbone may have disfigured and sagged one side of his face.

His next court appearance will be interesting. The question of whether it was BRE bashed after being released from the protective unit could be settled. When someone's been injured to the point they're unrecognisable and a guard is said to have been traumatised by the viciousness in the bashing, he won't have fully healed. Fractured eye socket and cheekbone may have disfigured and sagged one side of his face.

The fact that the prisoner has not bee named says it is not BRE … There is no reason not to name him

The only time prisoners are not named is if it involve sex crimes and that by identifying the prisoner can identify the victim ...[ family member ]… there a few recent cases that would be considered much more high profile in the prison system than a 20 year old crime that BRE is in for

Discussing BRE's weight, what is this? Woman Day?
That was interesting Beatnicked, thanks.

Small observation, WA has three long term escapees still on the run, over 5 years.
Do you have more info on these 5 Shelly Gee?

Hello Martha , why don't you just ask his brother ?

Give it up Circus. Every man and his dog has spoken to his brother Troy, you don't have an exclusive. And Frankie who was having convos in a closed group.

Frankie's concern seems to stem from the CI documentary not getting details exactly right, whether they did or not I don't know but reenactments are notoriously difficult and often contain inaccuracies.

Also, his story appears to have changed. Think I can say with a very high degree of confidence, imo he won't be called as a witness for the prosecution or the defence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Give it up Circus. Every man and his dog has spoken to his brother Troy, you don't have an exclusive. And Frankie who was having convos in a closed group.

Frankie's concern seems to stem from the CI documentary not getting details exactly right, whether they did or not I don't know but reenactments are notoriously difficult and often contain inaccuracies.

Also, his story appears to have changed. Think I can say with a very high degree of confidence, imo he won't be called as a witness for the prosecution or the defence.

Whether he is called or not what difference does it make , he cannot positively identify anyone , there is nothing to say he saw anything to do with the case

Whether he is called or not what difference does it make , he cannot positively identify anyone , there is nothing to say he saw anything to do with the case

Drunk too, Frankie didn't see anything but his buddies apparently did. It's in the retelling of exactly what his buddies saw that changes from brake lights only, to a girl leaning in to talk to someone in the car that pulled over.

Lost cause I think.

The fact that the prisoner has not bee named says it is not BRE … There is no reason not to name him

The only time prisoners are not named is if it involve sex crimes and that by identifying the prisoner can identify the victim ...[ family member ]… there a few recent cases that would be considered much more high profile in the prison system than a 20 year old crime that BRE is in for
I think the opposite. There is every reason to think there may be suppression orders or it could possibly influence a jury if he chooses that way. Can't think of other high profile cases that are waiting on remand.

So why don't you ask his brother if he got his head stomped stop with the conjecture and that . Anyone that believes that Franke has a strudel as a noodle .
I won't be giving up anytime soon thanks .

Can guarantee he and his ilk will never be lonely.

How do you know the guard was traumatised?

Sounds rather strong case.

What could the defence possibly be?

Did they act alone?

How can SS charge have been included?

Thanks. In Victoria and NSW they are named as well, they get bashed in prison we know about it. It's not North Korea.
Yes in NSW they just decide placement of prisoners in particular cells is important...Not sure this victim discredits your theory about NSW as they aren't allowed to be named anyway.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-08-...ith-inmate-he-was-testifying-against/10125976

And then they have a nice trip to court together.

https://www.2gb.com/prison-witnesses-regularly-transported-with-accused-to-court/

I think the opposite. There is every reason to think there may be suppression orders or it could possibly influence a jury if he chooses that way. Can't think of other high profile cases that are waiting on remand.

Unlike a lot who follow threads such as this , I do not think this is a high profile case or that BRE is a high profile prisoner ……… it gets mentioned In the news when it is going to court , I dont hear people talking about , it happened 2 decades ago , a lot of the population were not born , to young to remember or have moved here since
Interest will pick up when it goes to court , but until then , high profile ? , not at this point in time

Are people really putting stock into what the re-enactments show?
It'd be interesting for someone to put a gopro on and retrace the steps of the deceased.

Has there been any detailed updates in a podcast about the case yet? Not looking forward to the watered down mini-series about BRE that'll come from 7 or 9.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back