Current Claremont Murders Discussion & Edwards trial updates

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any idea what your friend says he looked like
Rough and tough or baby faced?

Not much remembered- other than he was tall - at one point had a car and that he was chased away. After she took the evidence to the police she moved away with her boyfriend. Apparently the evidence has been destroyed - probably wasn’t even investigated at the time.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Unless maybe that ex Telstra van was later sold and used as a taxi? It's doing my head in.
Unless he purchased an ex-fleet vehicle, which employees often do. Perhaps obtained some used taxi props, like a sign and passed off as a taxi. Alternatively, knew a taxi driver and took on some of his night work.

Last edited:

Just spent 40mins in Court 72 - moves so slowly... agonizingly slow (my opinion);
What I noticed;
Yovich (BRE lawyer) speaks quietly - poor sound quality and projection of his voice. I'd give him a 2 out of 10.
Carmel (the State) speaks badly and Ummmms and Arrrrrrs and could not find DF Affidavit - Judge asked which file it "should be in" and said which Lever Arched file it was in - Carmel said No 4. I'd give her a 3 out of 10.

BRE in light blue collared shirt (fiddled with his thumbs (scraping back and forth) and fingers the whole time and took 1 sip of water) - flanked by 2 Serco/Court officers - 1 behind and 1 beside.

Mr Glennon :cry: & Mr Spiers :cry:- 2 cops beside them and 5 cops behind them front row to the left.
They are sat clearly in the view of BRE who never once looked over - stared straight at front of courtroom.

Parents and victim KK (my guess I do not know for sure) I believe in the front row right. - flanked by 4 cops behind them.
4 IT guys behind them that left after 10mins.
5 Media - in Media section including B.Christian from the Post newspaper.
2 court staff sitting behind me.
2 typists in back row - click click clicking away.
And me - all alone Row 4
Rows of 8 seats and - not one row filled fully.
Thanks for sharing your perspective from court. I am a little surprised it wasn't busier.

Did he steal the plates off another taxi? Is there more CCTV of Jane actually getting into a taxi and we weren't shown?

View attachment 768527
So the Department of Transport evidence will be all clerical information. Who owned what vehicle when, what was that vehicle registered as (commercial, taxi, private etc etc) and where those vehicles ended up (sold - to whom, destroyed or "missing")

a day ago

emily.moulton
emily.moulton
There was a moment of light relief during the proceedings with Justice Hall making a quip about Mr Yovich's inability to pronounce the name of one his witnesses.

"You should be able to pronounce that with a name like Yovich," he said.

Justice Hall's comment was met with laughter in the courtroom.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What I found odd yesterday in Court 72 (District Court - even though it was a Supreme Court charge) was Justice Hall calling BRE "Brad" I thought it was all too familiar (they were looking again for a witness statement).

IMO Not proper. Not professional - surely he should be referred to as The Accused or Mr Edwards.

a day ago

emily.moulton
emily.moulton
There was a moment of light relief during the proceedings with Justice Hall making a quip about Mr Yovich's inability to pronounce the name of one his witnesses.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What I found odd yesterday in Court 72 (District Court - even though it was a Supreme Court charge) was Justice Hall calling BRE "Brad" I thought it was all too familiar (they were looking again for a witness statement).

IMO Not proper. Not professional - surely he should be referred to as The Accused or Mr Edwards.
I think BRE is the defendant. He's in the dog house and should be treated that way. I'm glad he must sit and face Mr Spiers and Mr Glennon. Was there anyone from JRs family - her sister usually attends court.

The microphones are set to record the witnesses, lawyers and judge and be loud enough for these parties to hear one another. Not broadcast what is said to the court room.

It is just my opinion that he has pleaded guilty to the crimes with the live victims to prevent all the horrific evidence coming out. Whereas the murders are reliant on evidence and the interpretation of evidence.

I think linking the later crimes to his parallel traumatic life experiences diminishes his culpability to the criminal behaviour he has now admitted to that began at a much earlier age.

So then we hear of taxi evidence relating to a specific license. I thought he may have switched plates to go in and out of Claremont, more specifically when Ciara was taken because there were cameras installed to catch all the cars up Stirling Road and through the Claremont Quarter. It seemed impossible they could have missed him even if the tech wasn't as good as it would be today.

did a van come after Jane went missing? i thought he had a camry wagon went Sarah disappeared, and then a commodore wagon when Jane disappeared. this commodore wagon was the one seized by the police from its current owners, and tested forensically. i do recall the KK victim saying the car seemed like a panel van? which van are you saying was modified? (i dont recall seeing that statement before?) im more inclined to believe that either the camry or the commodore could of passed for a taxi, a work van without seats in the back would of been a strange taxi, even to a drunk person.

to me the statement of taxi evidence can fall under one of the following options:

1. BRE had access to a legit taxi, and this was somehow used in the attacks

2. BRE had access to legit taxi plates, which were then put on a vehicle in his possession

3. BRE made his own car look like a taxi, including fake plates

4. Either the camry or commodore wagon, after being sold by telstra, was then used as a legit taxi

other options such as a taxi driver being a witness wouldnt merit this sort of comment so late in the game in my opinion.

if a car was used that gave the appearance of a taxi, then it would be interesting to see when the police became aware of this.

There has to be some tactic for doing this now. Can't figure it out...
I think the reason for doing this now is because it was the best time to do so , any sooner and it would have freed up time to concentrate on other matters , any later and it would have / could have turned the judge against him
He was guilty , he knows they can prove his guilt so stop the guilty ball rolling before it starts ... he now goes into court with a clean slate basically , no definite guilty charges against him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

did a van come after Jane went missing? i thought he had a camry wagon went Sarah disappeared, and then a commodore wagon when Jane disappeared. this commodore wagon was the one seized by the police from its current owners, and tested forensically. i do recall the KK victim saying the car seemed like a panel van? which van are you saying was modified? (i dont recall seeing that statement before?) im more inclined to believe that either the camry or the commodore could of passed for a taxi, a work van without seats in the back would of been a strange taxi, even to a drunk person.

to me the statement of taxi evidence can fall under one of the following options:

1. BRE had access to a legit taxi, and this was somehow used in the attacks

2. BRE had access to legit taxi plates, which were then put on a vehicle in his possession

3. BRE made his own car look like a taxi, including fake plates

4. Either the camry or commodore wagon, after being sold by telstra, was then used as a legit taxi

other options such as a taxi driver being a witness wouldnt merit this sort of comment so late in the game in my opinion.

if a car was used that gave the appearance of a taxi, then it would be interesting to see when the police became aware of this.
I have always suspected 3.

I have a school friend who lived in huntingdale and was stalked by a young man who fits the description of BRE - she came home to find a handwritten letter with a photograph of an erect penis with women’s panties draped on it. The letter went into detail of what he would like to do to her wearing her purple satin dress. The dress she found on the clothesline destroyed by acid. absolutely terrified she too all of the evidence to the police and moved away from the area. When contacting crime stoppers they say it was more than likely him but the evidence was destroyed......my friend was one of the lucky ones who escaped. BRE

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
Thanks for posting about this Dustland_fairytail. I think there is so much evidence re H. H, his home suburb of Huntingdale & the KK incident that he knew he would go for that so no point denying it. But Prosecution have stated and it is in the media that KK is linked to is it CG I think. Pls correct me if it is JR. I think BRE will go for the lot. He will use the SS location to secure pavlova, maybe beer, internet access, & top security so he cannot be attacked. But remember; what links BRE to the SS disappearance when she has not been found? Did BRE send something to the cops in the early days before DNA? I think the duffer might have. Meanwhile I am hoping to get DFES to burn off 2 foot of leaf litter in the hills and I am hoping to go back to a southern spot with my friends trusty GPS to guide me along to some spots.

which van are you saying was modified? (i dont recall seeing that statement before?) im more inclined to believe that either the camry or the commodore could of passed for a taxi, a work van without seats in the back would of been a strange taxi

Quite early on at directions, Carmel was waiting for the specifications of the interiors of all vehicles involved. At the time, it led me to believe she was looking for the evidence of modifications on the cars she had access to. Meaning, the state already knew he had modified the cars he used in some way but they needed the factory specifications to prove it.

a day ago

emily.moulton
emily.moulton

Totally agree. It' quite sickening seeing this sometimes in courtroons, bit of the boys club I reckon. Watching sometimes making quips about things like a surname or "aren't you a good little boy for coming up with that submission" directed by the Judge to the bench. Ummmm serious offence on trial here...

Radio National did a story about the CSK case in The History Lesson show yesterday , nothing new , but it interesting to hear all the utensil ups from day one compressed into a short format

I think the reference to a "particular type of taxi" may actually mean a "1995 VS1 Commodore Taxi". May be wrong but witnesses can place CG close to a late model holden wagon that wasnt a taxi very close to the time she disappeared. Fibres confirm both CG and JR came into contact with that model car. As far as we know no one has placed JR near to one, which also translates to : It cant be disproven those fibres weren't transferred in circumstances other than those to do with her murder.

When do they break for Christmas and for how long?

Shells; BRE has requested to spend the Christmas break in the Rottnest Island Army tunnels (locked at all ends) He finds the air at Casaurina & Hakea to be a bit stuffy. Meanwhile Carmen is studying the Tasmanian Port Arthur inmates in the 18th Century to see how she can lock someone up forever. I guess she finds the Supreme Court air a bit stuffy too. Just a light hearted moment in a serious case. I hope you allow this. Hugs.

I think the reference to a "particular type of taxi" may actually mean a "1995 VS1 Commodore Taxi". May be wrong but witnesses can place CG close to a late model holden wagon that wasnt a taxi very close to the time she disappeared. Fibres confirm both CG and JR came into contact with that model car. As far as we know no one has placed JR near to one, which also translates to : It cant be disproven those fibres weren't transferred in circumstances other than those to do with her murder.

Quote: the licence of a "particular taxi", which relates to Jane Rimmer's murder.

Maybe she means Jane collected some stray fibres in her hair from the taxi the girls took to the Conti and before she got into one of BREs cars.

i do recall the KK victim saying the car seemed like a panel van? which van are you saying was modified? (i dont recall seeing that statement before?) im more inclined to believe that either the camry or the commodore could of passed for a taxi, a work van without seats in the back would of been a strange taxi, even to a drunk person.

I'm going to remove that post on modifications Krusty until I can find the transcript.

Well it seems things haven't come a very long way since the late 1990s. Here's an up to the minute article about fake taxi drivers in Victoria operating at the airport, pretty frightening.
QUOTE:
"A female passenger complained to the airport that: "They're only approaching women. They became agitated and have become aggressive towards me."

It is just my opinion that he has pleaded guilty to the crimes with the live victims to prevent all the horrific evidence coming out. Whereas the murders are reliant on evidence and the interpretation of evidence.

I think linking the later crimes to his parallel traumatic life experiences diminishes his culpability to the criminal behaviour he has now admitted to that began at a much earlier age.
Pleading guilty to the KK rape (x2) and Huntingdale break-in is such a strange twist. Although I’ve read all the information as well the posts I still don’t get why. I understand it would have been the defence team who advised him to plead guilty to the earlier crimes. Can someone please explain in layman’s terms?

Pleading guilty to the KK rape (x2) and Huntingdale break-in is such a strange twist. Although I’ve read all the information as well the posts I still don’t get why. I understand it would have been the defence team who advised him to plead guilty to the earlier crimes. Can someone please explain in layman’s terms?

A couple of us on here called early that he might plead to the lesser charges, I can't speak for anyone else but I think we were agreed that was on condition that he could split the charges and have the Huntingdale and Karrakatta attacks dealt with in the lower courts.

That was also iirc before all the propensity evidence was heard and a judge only trial decided.

I can't see yet in these circumstances, how it might advantage him but Yovich is pretty sneaky. And the DNA evidence as it pertains to the murder charges, might be weaker than we've realised.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back