Current Claremont Murders Discussion & Edwards trial updates

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
judging from the post sounds like there may be hostile witnesses that could be compelled to appear if this proceeds a bit like borces son arrested just before the committal anyone going on 25th

How can you tell they are hostile witnesses just from reading the Post article?

https://www.dpp.wa.gov.au/W/witnesses.aspx?uid=4517-1717-2320-3009

If the accused person pleads not guilty and you are required to give evidence, the ODPP will write to you advising you of your need to be a witness. This letter will also contain a pamphlet called “Information for Witnesses” which will give you more information about being a witness. You will also receive a form called “Witness Contact Details and Unavailability”. It is important that you complete this form and return it to us so that we can keep in touch with you and accommodate any dates that you are unavailable.

How can you tell they are hostile witnesses just from reading the Post article?

https://www.dpp.wa.gov.au/W/witnesses.aspx?uid=4517-1717-2320-3009

If the accused person pleads not guilty and you are required to give evidence, the ODPP will write to you advising you of your need to be a witness. This letter will also contain a pamphlet called “Information for Witnesses” which will give you more information about being a witness. You will also receive a form called “Witness Contact Details and Unavailability”. It is important that you complete this form and return it to us so that we can keep in touch with you and accommodate any dates that you are unavailable.

The ODPP prosecutor will then ask you questions. You will first be asked to state your name and address and occupation. If you do not wish to state your address in court, tell the prosecutor beforehand.

The ODPP prosecutor will ask you a series of questions about what you heard or saw, or know that is relevant to the case. The accused person's lawyer will then "cross examine" you by asking you additional questions.

Following that, the ODPP prosecutor may ask further questions to clarify any matters raised in cross-examination.

"If the accused person pleads not guilty and you are required to give evidence, the ODPP will write to you advising you of your need to be a witness. "

The Post article states that people are being notified by mail of their need to be a witness, why have you classified them as hostile witnesses?

When you give your evidence in court:
  • Consider each question carefully before you answer.
  • If you do not understand any question, please say so.
  • Take your time so you can give a complete answer.
  • Do not guess - if you are not sure about an answer, just say so.
  • Do not say what someone else has told you unless you are asked.
  • Speak clearly so that your evidence can be understood. The microphone in front of you only records your voice, it does not make it louder.
  • If giving evidence is distressing you and you need a break, please inform the Judge.
Delicious.

Pending not more time is needed, a plea will be entered on each individual charge based on its merit.
A trial date will be set out once plea is entered on all the charges.

Given the charges are more than likely interconnected, not guilty is a more likely chance in any case.

I would say when the money runs out, the defendant will continue with the same legal having defense paid for by the state.

This ensures that the defendant receives the private defense the defendant started with to ensure there is lesser grounds for an appeal. It ensures the purity in the trial.

This appearance most likely video. They don't like truckin prisoners around. However it will depend on the circumstances.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pending not more time is needed, a plea will be entered on each individual charge based on its merit.
A trial date will be set out once plea is entered on all the charges.

Given the charges are more than likely interconnected, not guilty is a more likely chance in any case.

I would say when the money runs out, the defendant will continue with the same legal having defense paid for by the state.

This ensures that the defendant receives the private defense the defendant started with to ensure there is lesser grounds for an appeal. It ensures the purity in the trial.

This appearance most likely video. They don't like truckin prisoners around. However it will depend on the circumstances.

Thanks melsy , what's this about the attorney general retiring this week?

Anybody going? Anybody know anyone who could go? Is it going to be an open court?

Trevor from Geraldton is a qualified journalist now, I wonder if he's ever tried court reporting and he is very familiar with the case. We could ask I guess.

Trevor from Geraldton is a qualified journalist now, I wonder if he's ever tried court reporting and he is very familiar with the case. We could ask I guess.
Is he? I thought he was done and dusted

Anybody going? Anybody know anyone who could go? Is it going to be an open court?
There's a few that appear on here from Perth pm them hay there's even a bloke that claims his related to the second biggest footy maker , what's the chances . Sus overtones .

Because it is it's like missing posters from here vanishing around the time of the arrest

That's to be expected. Interest was held up until the time an arrest was made and they're not interested in putting any more time into it. Theories were blown, some might have been exposed for telling fibs or being totally wrong .. lots of reasons why people might disengage.

Posting about west coast Eagles on day of arrest and then there's only two active discussions on the web one being here

I dont get it, he was a member of West Coast Eagles. He was actually very active online and engaged, you've only seen what was available to see on a public setting and a lot of it started to be taken down post arrest. Fast. People wanted distance, they didnt want to be associated with him / the attention and it's completely understandable.

So what if the mods are modding in a situation where he's just been arrested and there are very sensitive legalities to consider, it was a game changer.

We might get something in the way of what evidence there is re Sarah Spiers. Can't remember if we've had this conversation before but I've wondered if he'd made admissions in jail? Also, there's new information the police have received on the disappearance of Julie Cutler. It could be tied in, weirder things have happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back