Current Claremont Murders Discussion & Edwards trial updates

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm curious why 3 years of posts, 2012 -2015 have been removed?

I think sprockets has likely already answered that. It's extremely time intensive to go back through three years of posts to ensure they comply with the rules of sub judice, then there was the work required just to keep this thread open and in line with a raft of suppression orders.

To be honest I think we're lucky there are people prepared to do the work on it and that we have a discussion thread at all when most of the others across social media have been shut down.

artichokeHearts

When they met it was.....
May 7, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
I think sprockets has likely already answered that. It's extremely time intensive to go back through three years of posts to ensure they comply with the rules of sub judice, then there was the work required just to keep this thread open and in line with a raft of suppression orders.

To be honest I think we're lucky there are people prepared to do the work on it and that we have a discussion thread at all when most of the others across social media have been shut down.

very true
and who is at fault for not learning(we all are)
most on here at the moment are from those sites(it's ok)
...ps...make one rule...and govern for all..
problem solved..(solved)
understanding each other on line is required..(to certainties)
the main proactive is to lead some light on the where abouts of the late Sarah Spiers...
and others of course....
this is not a joke...

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2018
AFL Club
Sydney
They're still protected.I do know prisons are full of drug addicts so they don't care about much, other than getting the next pill. They are medicated in prison so that they don't freak out. The Greenough murder is still in Maximum care in Casuarina. He's in a self care contained unit. At least he was a good 8-10 years ago. When you go into the prison system in W.A. you get the full blood works done first to see what drugs the prisoner is on so they know how to best medicate them. It's rare that a prisoner comes in clean but it does happen.
It's generally child killers/rapists that get roughed up & not all murderers. Yes all victims were very young when they were murdered but most in the system, the CSK is just a murderer & majority of the population wouldn't have even been born when BRE allegedly committed these acts.
Times have changed so much. When you care about drugs most of all, they won't bother with anyone as long as the medications keep on coming in.He might be set upon by another prisoner to gain notoriety & a few slaps on the back from the higher ups but if they do, they'll be doing it so that they've made a friend who is closer to getting drugs into the prison. That's all that matters, who can get them the drugs & not the victims.
Bikies still rule the roost in prisons but, they won't put their arse on the line for a junkie
Wow, generalise much. Im not sure where to start here & nor if I want to, so considering much is somewhat irrelevant to the case, I wont.
However, I will say that opinions might be better stated as such IMO, & that having had my fair share of "experiences" with the WA prison system over the past 30 odd years, to varying degrees, I have to disagree with much of what you said.

Last edited:

Oct 12, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle

I totally agree that it's hard work for the mods to keep the thread clean after the accused was identified and arrested and I'd point out when posters talk about him as if he's guilty.

However if the threads from 2012 - 2015 are removed, this is before anyone knew who the accused was and from when I read the threads I don't think anyone ever said anything that could be subjudice. Most of the people that were talked about are now deceased, so I'm confused why the threads have been removed.

craigos

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
A chance meeting this morning walking the dog through the cemetery. I met on of the people who discovered the "knickers" of the Karrakatta victim.

He also mentioned that one of the other ladies from the local dog park saw the telstra/ telecom van which may have spurred the door knock a little while back.
Walking your dog through a cemetary and talking to strangers about serial killers? I usually just go to the park and remark about the weather myself, how boring.
You joined the site two weeks ago, what's it to you? Obviously, if posts are missing, it'd be to do with sub judice.
This made me laugh.

Feb 11, 2018
AFL Club
Sydney
Theres also a fair few supressed names that we dont know BlueE so cant be sure who/how/where they fit in. For all we know they may have been a BF member who's contributed, or perhaps another member may have contributed info about them which might become obvious as we learn more.

Another possible reason is that some of the posts contain details that suggest the person providing them was offering factual details pertaining to portions of the case who shouldn't have been. Or they did so with some other intention that might expose things they prefer were kept hidden.

If I was responsible for ensuring nothing breached court orders or contained potential sub judicial issues, I'd think I'd choose to hide them too. No one knows what details/info will come out in the trial.

Very loose thoughts there which may be entirely wrong, but better safe over a potential law suit any day IMO.

**Is anyone else having issues with posts appearing differently to how they think they're being posted? Ie. triple quoted or with deleted things not deleted??

Last edited:

petedavo

Club Legend
Dec 12, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
I totally agree that it's hard work for the mods to keep the thread clean after the accused was identified and arrested and I'd point out when posters talk about him as if he's guilty.

However if the threads from 2012 - 2015 are removed, this is before anyone knew who the accused was and from when I read the threads I don't think anyone ever said anything that could be subjudice. Most of the people that were talked about are now deceased, so I'm confused why the threads have been removed.
Theres also a fair few supressed names that we dont know BlueE so cant be sure who/how/where they fit in. For all we know they may have been a BF member who's contributed, or perhaps another member may have contributed info about them which might become obvious as we learn more.

Another possible reason is that some of the posts contain details that suggest the person providing them was offering factual details pertaining to portions of the case who shouldn't have been. Or did so with for some other intention that some may be critical of or exposes something best kept hidden.

If I was responsible for ensuring nothing breached court orders or contained potential sub judicial issues, I'd think I'd choose to hide them too. No one knows what details/info will come out in the trial.

Very loose thoughts there which may be entirely wrong, but better safe over a potential law suit any day IMO.
If you're really desperate to look at old things, there's the wayback machine. It's a treasure trove of things that went on the internet, that don't exist anymore, and maybe a lot that should never of existed.

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

Sorbet Bliss

Team Captain
Feb 26, 2018
They're still protected.
Yes "protected" - in PC!
For obvious reasons.
He's a high profile inmate.
He needs it.
It's generally child killers/rapists that get roughed up & not all murderers. Yes all victims were very young when they were murdered but most in the system, the CSK is just a murderer

The so called "CSK" is not just a murderer willow, let us not forget the two charges the state alleges the accused is responsible for, are rape.
The descriptions of the karrakatta rape offences convey an impression they were of a barbaric and utterly horrific nature.

majority of the population wouldn't have even been born when BRE allegedly committed these acts.

There's no denying it's a high profile case.
The population in prison who weren't born or too young to know about it, would certainly know about it now since the arrest, pretrial hearings and propensity.

While we know the case was veiled in secrecy, in the present day, for the first time, we are gradually being informed about some of the previously unauthorised, sensitive information, evidence and material that has been safeguarded for over 20 years.
Along side it, we're also learning a conglomeration of fact's and alleged predatory, deviant acts, incidents and patterns of behaviour's about the man the state alleges is responsible for the 8 charges against him.
So these young inmates/prisoners are gaining insights that have never been revealed about this case at the same time we are.
There's no need to enumerate in detail everything that's been revealed during the pre-trial and propensity court hearings, we know what they are but most of what has been disclosed so far has been pretty disconcerting, shocking, harrowing and disturbing.

If the guy had any "status" from say "alluding police for 20 yrs" as tapdancingbear has stated, it would've been shot down in stroboscopic speed after propensity was disclosed and imo think it's feasible to surmise there may have been a heightened interest to line him up.

He may have even predicted it himself with what he knew was going to be revealed in propensity.
This is mere speculation on my part but perhaps the "self inflicted" jab to the ear was his game play to achieve even more protection.
Whether I'm on the dime with that or not, as it turned out that's what he got, moved to solitary confinement at Casuarina Prison, where he is kept in lockdown 23 hours a day.

Solitary confinement doesn't sound like a place one would deliberately seek out but I'd imagine for someone who is content on keeping to himself, it might not be such a bad spot to kick it rather than what may have invariably been waiting for him back at Hakea.

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2018
AFL Club
Sydney
Not having those issues here OYS.
Your posts also look fine to me
Cheers Bliss, lots of editing. Seems it might have been an error with an internet setting that mysteriously changed then even more mysteriously, changed itself back & now appears fixed. This site got really weird for a while but dont think it was the cause. Thanks.

tapdancingbear

Team Captain
Aug 3, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yes "protected" - in PC!
For obvious reasons.
He needs it.

The so called "CSK" is not just a murderer willow, let us not forget the two charges the state alleges the accused is responsible for, are rape.
The descriptions of the karrakatta rape offences convey an impression they were of a barbaric and utterly horrific nature.

The population in prison who weren't born or too young to know about it, would certainly know about it now since the arrest, pretrial hearings and propensity.

While we know the case was veiled in secrecy, in the present day, for the first time, we are gradually being informed about some of the previously unauthorised, sensitive information, evidence and material that has been safeguarded for over 20 years.
Along side it, we're also learning a conglomeration of fact's and alleged predatory, deviant acts, incidents and patterns of behaviour's about the man the state alleges is responsible for the 8 charges against him.
So these young inmates/prisoners are gaining insights that have never been revealed about this case at the same time we are.
There's no need to enumerate in detail everything that's been revealed during the pre-trial and propensity court hearings, we know what they are but most of what has been disclosed so far has been pretty disconcerting, shocking, harrowing and disturbing.

If the guy had any "status" from say "alluding police for 20 yrs" it would've been shot down in stroboscopic speed after propensity was disclosed and imo think it's feasible to surmise there may have been a heightened interest to line him up.

He may have even predicted it himself with what he knew was going to be revealed in propensity.
This is mere speculation on my part but perhaps the "self inflicted" jab to the ear was his game play to achieve even more protection.
Whether I'm on the dime with that or not, as it turned out that's what he got, moved to solitary confinement at Casuarina Prison, where he is kept in lockdown 23 hours a day.

Solitary confinement doesn't sound like a place one would deliberately seek out but I'd imagine for someone who is content on keeping to himself, it might not be such a bad spot to kick it rather than what may have invariably been waiting for him back at Hakea.

To be fair to Willow Weeps it was me who said he would have some form of status for alluding police for over 20 years , I still think it and will continue to do so

tapdancingbear

Team Captain
Aug 3, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Wow, generalise much. Im not sure where to start here & nor if I want to, so considering much is somewhat irrelevant to the case, I wont.
However, I will say that opinions might be better stated as such IMO, & that having had my fair share of "experiences" with the WA prison system over the past 30 odd years, to varying degrees, I have to disagree with much of what you said.

As you have experience with the system for some 30 years what is your opinion on how drugs have changed the Code of Conduct / Ethics among prisoners for want of a better way of putting it

Sorbet Bliss

Team Captain
Feb 26, 2018
To be fair to Willow Weeps it was me who said he would have some form of status for alluding police for over 20 years , I still think it and will continue to do so
I know you said it but you deleted your post shortly after.
Happy to edit and add that in to my post.
I'm not trying to change anyone's views here, I'm simply sharing my own.
To each their own.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

tapdancingbear

Team Captain
Aug 3, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
I know you said it but you deleted your post shortly after.
Happy to edit and add that in to my post.
I'm not trying to change anyone's views here, I'm simply sharing my own.
To each their own.

Not that it matters , the post is still showing on my side … I did delete a response I made to it
You are more entitled to your opinion , it is one of the few I respect here … I just did not want another copping flack for what I said

Willow weeps

All Australian
Dec 21, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
you too for 30 years? cool. I've had my experiences. Never been a prisoner but I've visited family a few times so I go by what I DO know & NOT my opinion but you are entitled toyour own as is anyone

Willow weeps

All Australian
Dec 21, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
Yes "protected" - in PC!
For obvious reasons.
He needs it.

If the guy had any "status" from say "alluding police for 20 yrs" as tapdancingbear has stated, it would've been shot down in stroboscopic speed after propensity was disclosed and imo think it's feasible to surmise there may have been a heightened interest to line him up.

I not once forgot the other victims, I was only stating how the victims, all but maybe the Huntingdale Prowler victim were all aged 18 & up unlike say, Daniel Morcombe whose killer has been set upon. Which is why I said Child killer/rapists. None were under the age of 14. I think he'd want to staying protective custody due to his love of dressing like a woman & wearing women's underwear

Okay, many of us here probably know someone who's spent a bit of time in jail and a few of us will be familiar with how it all works within our own experiences in varying roles.

Mine is mostly with the prison system east coast of Australia, been in most of them for one reason or another never as a prisoner although I nearly was extradited once to NSW essentially for refusing to cooperate because what they wanted was wrong and went against my principals. And I said 'okay, if you're successful with this I hope we're going by plane because I get car sick ....'

Maybe we could open a thread on this topic.

Willow weeps

All Australian
Dec 21, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
Yes "protected" - in PC!
For obvious reasons.
He needs it.

I just reread my post & I forgot to add the "rapist" part of it & you only read it as I sad only "murders". This happens with me at times because of having no short term memory from many brain surgeries so please, cut me a bit of slack every now & then if you could, I've logged on only to find I've offended many, apparently know nothing about the prison system in the last good 30 odd years of visiting various prisoners so I would know nothing at all. I've always respected you SB & still do but you've just pretty much attacked me because of my own opinion & things I've not put across in the right way going by some replies to my posts & quotes from my posts I was simply pointing out the different treatments of prisoners receive when they've raped &/or killed a child to the victims being over 18. They all deserve the same imo but it is the way it is & unfortunately they don't all get what they deserve. I was the girl who lined up & had some highly strung looking girl state to the room "I'm standing next to you because you look so innocent & the dog won't sit on you" & didn't that statement freak me out & have me petrified that the dog would sit on me if she was carrying any drugs on her which would have ended with me not getting to visit the person I came to see

Willow weeps

All Australian
Dec 21, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
Okay, many of us here probably know someone who's spent a bit of time in jail and a few of us will be familiar with how it all works within our own experiences in varying roles.

Mine is mostly with the prison system east coast of Australia, been in most of them for one reason or another never as a prisoner although I nearly was extradited once to NSW essentially for refusing to cooperate because what they wanted was wrong and went against my principals. And I said 'okay, if you're successful with this I hope we're going by plane because I get car sick ....'

OMG!! That's so funny Shelly, you poor thing. I would freak because the women waiting to go in would often tell me that a Narc dog would sit on anyone who had their period. I think I always looked very suss because they'd freak me out about the dog sitting on you for no reason. One guard stopped me once & asked "are you ok, you look nervous?" & stupid me replied with the truth which was "I'm ok but I look nervous because I am, I'm scared the dog will sit on me for no reason" I must have looked guilty as hell but the person I was visiting, if it was made a "non contact visit" meaning with glass dividers & a phone, they'd not accept the visitor

Mar 5, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Socceroos - Matildas
The range of prison experiences on here is both frightening and enlightening.

I confess that the closest I can recall that I’ve ever been to a prison, is when parking near Fremantle Prison on trips to Fremantle for dinner, the markets or other shopping many years ago.

I used to watch “Prisoner” with Queen Bee on the telly about 35-40 years ago.
Not sure that counts.

Coastie19

Senior List
Apr 22, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

Maybe we also may have gotten a bit bored as we were spoilt with an overload of information coming from the initial case management hearings and have teetered off a bit waiting for some more juice at the trial....

20190514_184701.png

Walking your dog through a cemetary and talking to strangers about serial killers? I usually just go to the park and remark about the weather myself, how boring.

This made me laugh.

Lol....I didn’t think about that.

Maybe we also may have gotten a bit bored as we were spoilt with an overload of information coming from the initial case management hearings and have teetered off a bit waiting for some more juice at the trial....

That's probably it Coastie, we've started to go a little bit wide here even if the posts are a natural progression from a relevant discussion.

It would be interesting to hear from someone who's worked in Casuarina or Hakea though.

Oct 12, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle

This made me laugh.
Must be Perth, as it's been a topic of conversation with strangers in our dog park as well. Not in KK cemetery though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back