Current Claremont Murders Discussion & Edwards trial updates

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same, agree that particular knot evidence should be thrown out. What I'm really curious about is if this 'cord' or whatever it is, is the same bindings that had print shops being looked into? If I remember this correctly, there was some sort of residue left on the ties that indicated a transfer of lettering? A chemical used in print shops or ink ..

There was a lot of discussion about it.

Post arrest with knowledge of who he was, my head went straight away to line for hanging drying photographs in a dark room which is probably wrong but I'm still curious as to what the residue was and if it was found on the KK victims ties or other.

My punt would be his night stalking didn’t stop in huntingdale

The rope was probably taken from the shop referred to all those years back.

I think this was all before his second wife opened a restaurant nearby which coincidentally isn’t far from the SS scream location

Someone please provide more information on why some/most/all Telstra haul ropes would be covered in line marking paint.
Line markings used by Telecom technicians near pits. Telstra haul rope is pulled through conduits to bring cables into pits, and as the rope is pulled through and forms a pile, it would come into contact with the painted line markings. Rope is put back into the van to be used over again and again. Over time the ropes and areas in the van where the rope is stowed would all be contaminated with line marking paint. So unless it's a brand new Telstra rope never used for cable pulling, the most likely contaminate would be line marking paint IMO.
2440750b4279c35d5bfc0b14342e996a.jpg
images (1).jpg images (2).jpg

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

its also beyond me how they were never solved. if it was just a usual investigative case you could be excused for thinking the detectives were over worked and short on time to spend on the case. given there was a task force formed its surprising they were never solved.
If Huntingdale had been solved at the time it wouldnt have remained a cold case & they'd never have tested the kimono in 2016. A 2nd conviction may scare someone enough to stop the escalation but it might not. No Kimono, no DNA match, no Huntingdale file to connect to the accused, no arrest IMO.

Macro couldn't crack the CSK case, the cold case squad inadvertently did. Profilers told Macro where to look to find the person responsible in the late 90's & they ignored it. Schramm identified the potential DNA source for them & specifically told them to follow the Telstra lead in 2004 & what happened? Nothing.

The security guard reported seeing the Telstra Van driving by the night KK was attacked & turned up there. Numerous reports of people being given a lift by a Telstra guy at the time!

FFS, they couldn't trace a Telecom worker who had already been convicted of an assault & completed a court ordered sexual offender program after he pled guilty to a crime committed in the exact same area as the rape & murders, whilst on the job for Telecom?

If a conviction is finally secured it will be with the evidence that was available to Macro & the SCS the whole time & they were told to look at specifically more than once, but still couldn't work it out. They got lucky Huntingdale was never solved IMO.

The security guard reported seeing the Telstra Van driving by the night KK was attacked & turned up there. Numerous reports of people being given a lift by a Telstra guy at the time!

FFS, they couldn't trace a Telecom worker who had already been convicted of an assault & completed a court ordered sexual offender program after he pled guilty to a crime committed in the exact same area as the rape & murders, whilst on the job for Telecom?

To add to that, one of the Telstra living witnesses who will appear for the prosecution, made a report witnessing a guy in a light coloured Telstra badged wagon lurking and staring at girls in the immediate area of where Sarah disappeared on the actual night Sarah disappeared.

He also had an accident on the Stirling Highway in his Telstra badged vehicle.

To add to that, one of the Telstra living witnesses who will appear for the prosecution, made a report witnessing a guy in a light coloured Telstra badged wagon lurking and staring at girls in the immediate area of where Sarah disappeared on the actual night Sarah disappeared.

I love that you remind me of info I've forgotten about :)

I wasn’t aware a vehicle was involved in an accident. If that was a vehicle allocated to him, he’d need to explain the damage to his superiors – at that stage was his father his line-manager? If there was damage perhaps that wasn’t reported for an extended period.
Also, they’d have pool vehicles which could get returned without explaining damages – just park and go. Pool vehicles usually have log books who drives them, including the distance and area they travelled to - those details can be fudged.

I wasn’t aware a vehicle was involved in an accident. If that was a vehicle allocated to him, he’d need to explain the damage to his superiors – at that stage was his father his line-manager? If there was damage perhaps that wasn’t reported for an extended period.
Also, they’d have pool vehicles which could get returned without explaining damages – just park and go. Pool vehicles usually have log books who drives them, including the distance and area they travelled to - those details can be fudged.

The prosecution is using it in their case against so there must be some sort of a paper trail that proves it was him.

The prosecution is using it in their case against so there must be some sort of a paper trail that proves it was him.
Thanks for the information, good that’s being used as evidence - puts him within the area. Government departments usually have allocated teams for designated areas and people rostered after-hours for emergencies. He'd need to explain why he was there, unless management didn't bother about using the vehicle after hours. During that time, I wonder if he was working within the western suburbs, on a specific project. That might explain how he had time to spend within the area. Travelling back and forth from Huntingdale to the western suburbs probably took 45 minutes – one way.

Thanks for the information, good that’s being used as evidence - puts him within the area. Government departments usually have allocated teams for designated areas and people rostered after-hours for emergencies. He'd need to explain why he was there, unless management didn't bother about using the vehicle after hours. During that time, I wonder if he was working within the western suburbs, on a specific project. That might explain how he had time to spend within the area. Travelling back and forth from Huntingdale to the western suburbs probably took 45 minutes – one way.

After the Hollywood Hospital attack apparently he started work at Claremont Superdome, so that also puts him in the area. Stationed at Cottesloe, I think he shouldn't have lied to the police in saying he wasn't familiar with Claremont.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After the Hollywood Hospital attack apparently he started work at Claremont Superdome, so that also puts him in the area. Stationed at Cottesloe, I think he shouldn't have lied to the police in saying he wasn't familiar with Claremont.
I get the impression that whilst being interviewed he's remained quiet. Just the occasional shrug of shoulders with an I don't know response. When crimes are committed the perp. usually has an alibi for those time-spans. As more than twenty-years have passed, it would be very difficult for someone to provide an alibi because they simply can't remember.
Regarding SS - my thoughts are someone initially did provide an alibi but then changed their mind - after thinking it through. These are just my thoughts and opinions

I get the impression that whilst being interviewed he's remained quiet. Just the occasional shrug of shoulders with an I don't know response. When crimes are committed the perp. usually has an alibi for those time-spans. As more than twenty-years have passed, it would be very difficult for someone to provide an alibi because they simply can't remember.
Regarding SS - my thoughts are someone initially did provide an alibi but then changed their mind - after thinking it through. These are just my thoughts and opinions

We were led to believe initially that he made a 'no comment' interview or was uncooperative basically but it now appears that wasn't quite correct. He made admissions to dressing up in womens clothes but then wouldn't expand saying words to the effect "I feel uncomfortable talking about it." and said he wasn't familiar with the Claremont area. It's in the media thread or in one of the links here.

Far as I'm aware we haven't seen a transcript yet though.

We were led to believe initially that he made a 'no comment' interview or was uncooperative basically but it now appears that wasn't quite correct. He made admissions to dressing up in womens clothes but then wouldn't expand saying words to the effect "I feel uncomfortable talking about it." and said he wasn't familiar with the Claremont area. It's in the media thread or in one of the links here.

Far as I'm aware we haven't seen a transcript yet though.
It makes me wonder if the two victims (JR & CG) were located with items of women's clothing. Clothing or lingerie worn by the perp. and left there on purpose, as in his personal signature. Initially, I thought the kimono was left by mistake, but now I think it was purposely left. Back in 1988 DNA was in its infancy and perhaps the CSK overlooked the future consequences or implication. JMO

Last edited:
I don't think BRE would be too concerned with reporting an accident he had in a company vehicle, I mean he (don't even have to say allegedly) tried to kidnap and sexually assault a person whilst on the job and still didn't get in trouble from Telecom.

I don't think BRE would be too concerned with reporting an accident he had in a company vehicle, I mean he (don't even have to say allegedly) tried to kidnap and sexually assault a person whilst on the job and still didn't get in trouble from Telecom.
I wonder if BRE received a written warning from Telstra about the assault. It seems the sexual bit may have been played down and possibly put across that the incident was an exaggeration on her part - like she had overreacted! I can imagine BRE explaining the incident to management, providing a one-sided explanation. JMO
I read somewhere that the lady was about 40 - that makes her 70 something now.

Last edited:
Was there a chance he could have dressed up as a woman to lure a victim into the car? Or rather it was just the underwear.... the HH and KC were snatch and grab efforts and likely the others were too

Was there a chance he could have dressed up as a woman to lure a victim into the car? Or rather it was just the underwear.... the HH and KC were snatch and grab efforts and likely the others were too
Good thinking - I suppose he could have passed for a female, except the facial growth - dark shadow of beard and moustache area.
Perhaps it may have been a wig that they found with the victims - if they found anything to do with women's clothing - that I don't know. JMO

Here's an interesting (and very disturbing) site that shows serial killers that dressed in their victims clothes. Horrible, and some I'd never heard of, as I said, disturbing.

Here's an interesting (and very disturbing) site that shows serial killers that dressed in their victims clothes. Horrible, and some I'd never heard of, as I said, disturbing.

Thank you for the interesting article. I’ve read beforehand that SKs have made claims that as a child they were dressed as a girl. Below is an article regarding three SKs. https://www.psychologytoday.com/int.../boys-dressed-girls-who-became-serial-killers
The article's final paragraph reads: Regardless of the general effect of dressing boys like girls, it does seem clear that for at least three of these offenders, their mothers' decisions to treat them as girls did influence their development into violent predators with specific paraphilia – at least, as they tell it.

Jerry Brudos is in there. I've read BRE being likened to a few serial killers but his mo, criminal trajectory into serial killing and psychology is so very similar to Brudos including trouble with the law, peeping, snowdropping, mental health assessments, the transvestic fetish, even marriage where his wife caught him in a girdle and stockings.

Too many similarities for me to remember atm but it was startling. He took trophies, sawing the foot off one victim and kept it. He had a particular liking for shoes but it didn't stop there.

Same, agree that particular knot evidence should be thrown out. What I'm really curious about is if this 'cord' or whatever it is, is the same bindings that had print shops being looked into? If I remember this correctly, there was some sort of residue left on the ties that indicated a transfer of lettering? A chemical used in print shops or ink ..

There was a lot of discussion about it.

Post arrest with knowledge of who he was, my head went straight away to line for hanging drying photographs in a dark room which is probably wrong but I'm still curious as to what the residue was and if it was found on the KK victims ties or other.
I completely forgot about the ink residue they searched for. Thanks for the reminder :)

From what i remember back then there several possibilities of what they we looking for thrown around, the least mentioned was Methyl Chloroform which is used in print shops to clean the equipment. It is (or was, it was found to be ozone damaging and banned in the 90s) generally used a solvent in other applications and industries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back