Current Claremont Murders Discussion & Edwards trial updates

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgetting the dribble , will this be another case of WA justice or will justice be served.
Maybe we'll see a guilty verdict and Ranier will be his appeals solicitor.

for CG and JR he is absolutely cooked. The DNA evidence has stood up and the defence have not managed to damage it.
Would be very surprised if he goes for SS but he’ll get life regardless.

Would love everyone's opinion on SS. Let's say BRE is found guilty of the murders of CG and JR, What could the DPP offer him to gain a location on where SS is? I'm aware if he is found guilty on the murders charges that he'll get life with no release or something similar. Just been thinking what could be offered. SS family deserves closure and a proper burial as well as the other families no doubt.

Let's say BRE is found guilty of the murders of CG and JR, What could the DPP offer him to gain a location on where SS is?

The glimmer of a chance at parole. The possibility that he might get out before he dies, a shining beacon of some hope.

Would love everyone's opinion on SS. Let's say BRE is found guilty of the murders of CG and JR, What could the DPP offer him to gain a location on where SS is? I'm aware if he is found guilty on the murders charges that he'll get life with no release or something similar. Just been thinking what could be offered. SS family deserves closure and a proper burial as well as the other families no doubt.
The only thing he could be offered is security in prison. He will have a target as big as his pr0n collection in prison when found guilty........& maybe Netflix.

The serrations in the Rimmer case were stated by the pathologist as due to animal predation. The cuts identified were sharp edged.

I doubt that will change in the Glennon evidence.

So forget about serrated blades.
So Carmen Barbagallo was incorrect when she said "the defect to Jane's neck was consistent with cutting or sawing from a bladed weapon or possibly from animal predators". Has the pathologist now confirmed the defect to the neck was definitely animal predators?

Yes, and to add a nice little touch, his release will be at the discretion of the AG.

If found guilty he isn’t getting parole regardless, 2 murders, a violent rape and a home invasion. Plenty of blokes have done life for less.

SS they have zero so far. Makes me wonder why/how he was even charged. If there is no sexual nature to JR and CG I think that works in his favor. Please guilty to the sex charges, deny the murders. Takes propensity out of the equation.

Interesting to see the Blennerhasset case is due to come up next week too. Think they might pin Lisa Brown(or potentially other missing prostitutes) on him too. He was involved in the heroin/sex worker scene so I wonder if he knows Donald

So Carmen Barbagallo was incorrect when she said "the defect to Jane's neck was consistent with cutting or sawing from a bladed weapon or possibly from animal predators". Has the pathologist now confirmed the defect to the neck was definitely animal predators?

Yes, definitely predator. I heard him say that myself. The degree of decomposition prevented any assessment of the cause of the wound other than it was very likely caused ante-mortem and then developed due to decomposition and predation.

Separately he mentioned cockroaches and rats as potential predators.

(Technically they aren't predators, but scavengers)

Last edited:
Just a note on decomposition.

The pathologist Cook explained that ante-mortem defects in a body are likely to result in accellerated decomposition in the nearby tissue. This is mainly because the defects provide a place for insects to attack, including laying maggots.

The large defects on Jane Rimmer, and I assume Ciara Glennon, are the result of smaller initial ante-mortem defects being amplified by insect and/or pathogen activity.

The scalloped edges especilally were due to insect and small predator activity. Missing digits were very likley small scavengers such as rats.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just a note on decomposition.

The pathologist Cook explained that ante-mortem defects in a body are likely to result in accellerated decomposition in the nearby tissue. This is mainly because the defects provide a place for insects to attack, including laying maggots.

The large defects on Jane Rimmer, and I assume Ciara Glennon, are the result of smaller initial ante-mortem defects being amplified by insect and/or pathogen activity.

They find a break/breach in the skin, an offering of the least resistance and taking advantage invade essentially.

If found guilty he isn’t getting parole regardless, 2 murders, a violent rape and a home invasion. Plenty of blokes have done life for less.

SS they have zero so far. Makes me wonder why/how he was even charged. If there is no sexual nature to JR and CG I think that works in his favor. Please guilty to the sex charges, deny the murders. Takes propensity out of the equation.

Interesting to see the Blennerhasset case is due to come up next week too. Think they might pin Lisa Brown(or potentially other missing prostitutes) on him too. He was involved in the heroin/sex worker scene so I wonder if he knows Donald
The reason I said it adds a nice touch is because it creates another block for release. The AG is a Minister of the State, a politician, tied to a party. That means he has to listen to the voice of the people, not too many people will want to see him released...

I agree with the SS scenario but do think they are sexually motivated.

Thats everyday. It updates automatically to the next day.
Actually, whats been happening is that some days the blog isnt under swmdigital, it goes up under other people, such as miriam fisher.

If there is no sexual nature to JR and CG I think that works in his favor. Please guilty to the sex charges, deny the murders. Takes propensity out of the equation.
JR was naked. No direct evidence of sexual assault due to 55 days of winter and decomposition.
In regards propensity, KK rape has already been ruled admissible as propensity evidence to the Claremont murders. Not sure why you are saying it takes it out of the equation now.
2019WASC87 defense submission stated "As regards the Claremont murders, the defence accepts that a process of reasoning to establish that the assailant in counts 3 to 5 is the same assailant as in counts 6, 7 and 8 is properly open on all the evidence. While the defence does not necessarily accept that every feature of similarity identified by the State is accurate, it does accept that there are features which are common to both groups of offences and that the tendency shown by either group of offences is capable of providing significant support to proof of the identity of the offender in
each case".
The judge then ruled: "In regard to the Claremont murders, the defence accepts that the evidence in respect of counts 3 to 5 and counts 6 to 8 is cross-admissible. That is, that evidence that proves the identity of the offender in respect of either group of offences is significantly probative
in determining the identity of the other group bearing in mind the significant similarities between both groups of offences. In my view, that concession is clearly correct. Whilst proof that the accused committed either group of offences would not necessarily, or without more, prove that he committed the other group of offences, it is evidence which is significantly probative in the resolution of that question"
So even the defense in Feb 2019 agreed that who ever did the KK rape was also more likely to be the person who murdered SS, JR and CG.

I agree with the SS scenario but do think they are sexually motivated. [/QUOTE said:
This was a response from Friday morning:

Justice Stephen Hall has previously queried if the state would be alleging the murders were sexually motivated, to which Ms Barbagallo replied:

“I’m not sure that we’re necessarily nailing our colours to the wall on that. Certainly evidence of it in terms of Ms Rimmer as in her body being found naked.”

Actually, whats been happening is that some days the blog isnt under swmdigital, it goes up under other people, such as miriam fisher.
This is the link I use to find the current days blog, it hasn't failed yet. It is usually listed on the first page 1/2 - 1 hr before the trial starts.

24 years ago tonight, Sarah Spiers disappeared just after 2am 27 January 1996.

Bradley Edwards was around 27 years old at the time. It was just under a year after he raped KK in Karrakatta cemetery (Feb 1995, aged 26), around 6 years after the Hollywood Hospital attack (1990, aged 21). and 8 years after the Huntingdale attack (Feb 1988, aged 19).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back