Current Claremont Murders - Media

Remove this Banner Ad

Note: The referred to 23 July, 2022 version referred to in one of the letters to the editor below appears to have been removed online
But the CCTV article appears to be in the 16 July edition.
I'll try chase down a copy of the missing 23 July one from elsewhere.
Screenshot 2022-10-20 at 11.11.21 pm.png

Post Newspaper 30 Jul, 2022

Screenshot 2022-10-20 at 11.32.20 pm.png

Post Newspaper 27 Aug, 2022

Screenshot 2022-10-20 at 11.30.31 pm.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks Eaglette.
I've never got how Dixie committed shocking crimes in Perth back in the time...stabbing the student, sex crime...and got fined? Not a bigger punishment.
I lived in Shenton Park at 25/26yo with 2 mates renting 94-99
Got local paper, Subiaco Post, that reported Karakatta rape incident....no connection to CSK, apparently.
Read it at the time and just believed the police knew stuff that I wouldn't. Complete faith. Apologies to Lance Williams

Sorry, gone off tangent. Dixie stabbed the poor girl and got fined? WTF?
Thanks Eaglette.
I've never got how Dixie committed shocking crimes in Perth back in the time...stabbing the student, sex crime...and got fined? Not a bigger punishment.
I lived in Shenton Park at 25/26yo with 2 mates renting 94-99
Got local paper, Subiaco Post, that reported Karakatta rape incident....no connection to CSK, apparently.
Read it at the time and just believed the police knew stuff that I wouldn't. Complete faith. Apologies to Lance Williams

Sorry, gone off tangent. Dixie stabbed the poor girl and got fined? WTF?
The Thai girl that got attacked by Dixie appeared in court in the Sally Bowman trial. I think his eventual DNA was linked to him from England. They requested his DNA in relation to the Claremont Serial Killings.

"Dixie was later linked to an attack on a 19-year-old female Thai university student inside her home in Leederville in June 1998.

The woman, who was stabbed seven times and raped while unconscious, testified during Dixie's 2008 trial for Ms Bowman's murder that a man had broken into her home before the attack unfolded.

The trial was told Dixie's DNA matched a sample that was taken from the woman's underwear. "

The fine related to wilful exposure.

Dixie, under the alias Shane Turner, was fined $716 in Busselton Magistrate's Court while living in Western Australia after being charged with willful exposure, driving without a licence and possession of cannabis.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back