Current Claremont Murders - The Bunker

Is Bradley Edwards the Mystery Man in the CCTV?

• Yes

Votes: 28 82.4%
  • No

Votes: 6 17.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both of the access roads have bush on either side. I don't think the body would have been dumped at the quarry or dam, but in the bush on the approaches. At Barrington Quarry / Rushton Rd the terrain as you go up the hill is unwelcoming to walkers but there is sufficient access to carry a light body in 20 - 30m and have it well hidden by boulders and scrub.

There are gates on both roads now but I'm pretty sure they are more recent.
There would have been minimal security back then. It wasn't until after 9/11 in 2001 that stricter security measures were implemented.

Both of the access roads have bush on either side. I don't think the body would have been dumped at the quarry or dam, but in the bush on the approaches. At Barrington Quarry / Rushton Rd the terrain as you go up the hill is unwelcoming to walkers but there is sufficient access to carry a light body in 20 - 30m and have it well hidden by boulders and scrub.

There are gates on both roads now but I'm pretty sure they are more recent.
Thanks Jezza. If I lived in Perth, I’d go for a search. Near the quarry does seem like a “suitable spot”. What you described with the shrubs sounds similar to the latter body locations.

Thanks Jezza. If I lived in Perth, I’d go for a search. Near the quarry does seem like a “suitable spot”. What you described with the shrubs sounds similar to the latter body locations.

This is a prospective area on Rushton Rd near the quarry. There is a small side-stream and lots of large boulders further in. No walking trails

1591943600009.png

This is a prospective area on Rushton Rd near the quarry. There is a small side-stream and lots of large boulders further in. No walking trails
It wouldn't be impossible for the perpetrator to have left something behind. Beforehand there were items left, such as a driver's license (KK) and at JRs site a Telstra knife and I think JRs watch. If anyone was thinking of having a look in that area, below is a sample image of what SSs was wearing. Also, there was an image of her shoes which I can't locate.

Attachments

• SS Clothes.jpg
    SS Clothes.jpg
    165.9 KB · Views: 49
snipped for brevettey
>>> an image of her shoes which I can't locate.
yes, i remember the shoes.
here's the image of sarah's shoes
484f0e30b1d7458211868068dd9ccc0f.jpg

imho

They were all well after Sarah Spiers. Any Sarah Spiers gravesite would only (perhaps) have items related to her, so the shoes and whatever jewelry she had.

yes, of course, jizza, but as the brooch was in the same blurry frame, i thought it best to identify as ciara's ... we know there are outstanding items from all the girls, and being as some perps are known to retain souvenirs, and also revisit their victims, the fact that jane&ciara were reclaimed upon their discovery, would not rule out some possibility that outstanding souvenirs may have been stashed with sarah on a return visit, making sarah the shrine of all shrines.
(purely on the assumption that SS JR CG all met their demise at the hand of the same perpetrator)
imho

yes, of course, jizza, but as the brooch was in the same blurry frame, i thought it best to identify as ciara's ... we know there are outstanding items from all the girls, and being as some perps are known to retain souvenirs, and also revisit their victims, the fact that jane&ciara were reclaimed upon their discovery, would not rule out some possibility that outstanding souvenirs may have been stashed with sarah on a return visit, making sarah the shrine of all shrines.
(purely on the assumption that SS JR CG all met their demise at the hand of the same perpetrator)
imho
What's interesting is that JR was found naked and CG partly clothed. It would seem that JRs clothes were taken away from the scene, and JRs watch was located nearby. My guess is that the victims struggled and fought for their lives, therefore, anything they had on them possibly fell off in a struggle, whilst being pushed/dragged/nudged along - thinking, unbeknownst to the CSK, certain items had fallen. And I mean, whoever the CSK might be. Initially, the victims may have thought he had intentions of rape but nearing the end realized his intentions were more evil. I don't suppose he said anything.

It might be possible to find a relic, such as the little sunflower keyring. Was there any mention of SS carrying a handbag or purse, because she needed money for the evening's drinks, taxi phonecall and especially the taxi fare. It's possible she was carrying a debit card and a driver's licence too. There may have been one or two keys on the keyring. There's never been any mention SS had a driver's licence, but she was old enough.

I suppose when SSs sister (AS) was asked what jewellery or items she had that evening, AS probably wasn't able to recall everything. I have no doubt she tried, very hard to remember everything.

It wasn't that far off the road. There was a dirt track that a car could drive up, say 30-50 metres in. Then it was 20-30 metres due east of that - so again no more than 50m from the road. All the white stuff is dumped rubbish. The track back then was a bit different to the current view. The marker is my best guess of the body location - possibly it was even closer to the road

View attachment 889771

Still of video on the day.

View attachment 889775
No the body site was further back by the end of the loop track but on the same side. Near the grass trees slightly down the slope to the left as seen from the front. I have been there two or three times.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi FT,

I've been trying to explain what I mean. Both JR and CG were driven to a secluded area. Seemingly driven to the end of a sealed road, then shoved/pushed into bushland. From what I've read beforehand, Pipidinny had a slight part, to the west, which was/is unsealed - like a limestone base.
JR was located off an unsealed track, which was accessible by road. So he kept driving until he couldn't drive anymore, he sought the most secluded spot to park.

I think it's feasible to assume SS will be somewhere in the bush too, and that vicinity being secluded and at the end of a sealed road. A similar distance into the bush, as where JR and CG were placed.
Yes Pippidinny rd & Woolcoot rd are a bit like The Spectacles drive. No one hardly drives in there. You cannot drive into the Spectacles for a few years now.

View attachment 891062
Yeah good luck on that search. Take some water.

Wish I lived over there, I’d go searching on days off. Even after all these years and as a east coast liver, The CSK crimes fascinate me. Why did these poor girls meet such a horrible end? Where is SS? That Quarry site you raised Jezza is stuck in my head. IMO, It needs investigating.

I’ve had a look on Google Maps and 10kms from Huntingdale to the Darling Scarp looks like the Martin area. There’s several mines within that vicinity. There used to be a disused mine which was used as a pool, I recall years ago, walking up the hill, to what I thought was a disused mine – It was isolated and people were swimming.

If SS was taken back to Huntingdale and relocated, you might think he was somewhat nervous. The roads on route from Huntingdale to Martin would have been fairly quiet – traffic wise. From Huntingdale travelling east along Southern River Rd connects with Dorothy St, then along Mills Rd East. There’s one set of traffic lights on route but many houses.

I think the 10km mark is where the Cohunu Wildlife park was located, which has since been relocated to Byford.

I wonder if FT has thought about that vicinity for the project he’s been working on.

with BRE being a local to the area, i highly doubt he would hide a body in this location, and even more do i doubt the body could stay there undetected for such a long time. the area you refer to at the time had a working quarry, a number of picnic areas, walk trails, rock pools, water falls etc. this area was also a known spot to torch stolen cars, smoke drugs, and also had class trips from local high schools. for somewhere close by that was bush land i would look closer to sutherland oval. the area between sutherland oval and warton road is a relatively new estate, created in the mid 2000's if i recall. also the section under sutherland oval heading towards ranford rd and along warton was built around 2000. back in the time of the CSK most of this area was farms, acreage blocks, and bushland. otherwise canningvale - alot of this is still being developed to this day.

Are there any old landfills/tips close by BRE’s house? Maybe a hole was cut through a fence and the body was dragged through into a pre made grave. Did any of these areas get searched in the past?

not official ones anyway. the official tip for city of gosnells was on Chevin rd, which then moved to kelvin rd the other side of tonkin hwy. google maps shows the space as an odd large square patch. also all of harrisdale didnt exist, there used to be a limestone rd somewhere in there called hope rd, part of that rd had a random long stretch of straight tarmac in the bush that was used as an unofficial drag strip and burnout pad. with BRE being a car guy surely he would of known about this spot. (i recall reports of him going to the claremont speedway?) there was and still is a lot of bush land to the south west of BRE parents gay st address. scan further south west from there and you will find the JR dump site.

Seems like you're onto something. The closest dense bushland to Huntingdale is Martin, Wattle Grove and Orange Grove. Perhaps SS the first body was placed in the east, we know JR was south and CG north. Perhaps SS was dumped approx. 10kms from Huntingdale, then after gaining some confidence, placing JR further afield and then CG at a more considerable distance - thus gaining confidence as he progressed.

On the night of JRs abduction screaming was heard within the vicinity, therefore we know he transported the victims alive. That's got to be nerve wracking for him. We also know he drove around with the KK victim, which would indicate a tendency to drive seeking a suitable spot which was secluded. Thinking he possibly drove to one place, found it wasn't secluded enough, then drove off to another, but continuously sought total seclusion.

Hardinge Rd, Orange Grove where the Bickley Outdoor Recreation Camp is located extends into Banyowla Regional Park. Apart from the various walk trails that area has very dense bushland. I'm sure Orange Grove had one or two riding schools back then too. Maddington Rd passes underneath the Tonkin Hwy, which is a very quiet route - one less set of traffic lights to administer.

The KK cemetery, JR and CGs dump sites all had road access - couldn't risk getting bogged. So, SSs dumpsite will probably be close to a sealed road too.

JR and CG were placed in the opposite direction of each other. Why not put the first one in the east.

so do you think the csk was more cognizant of where the bodies were placed, rather than it being a convenient spot? if it was bre, then im more of the idea it was a spot of convenience that was known to him. SS is left close to home, as he is in a hurry to get rid of the body. JR goes out a bit further, left on a road side which he had driven past before on the way to Mandurah. she gets discovered, so thinking south was getting a bit hot he heads north with CG, and goes to pippindinny.

problem is that if SS was left close to home, alot of that area is now housing estates. without some sort of tip off, her body will be next to impossible to find if that is the case.

not official ones anyway. the official tip for city of gosnells was on Chevin rd, which then moved to kelvin rd the other side of tonkin hwy. google maps shows the space as an odd large square patch. also all of harrisdale didnt exist, there used to be a limestone rd somewhere in there called hope rd, part of that rd had a random long stretch of straight tarmac in the bush that was used as an unofficial drag strip and burnout pad. with BRE being a car guy surely he would of known about this spot. (i recall reports of him going to the claremont speedway?) there was and still is a lot of bush land to the south west of BRE parents gay st address. scan further south west from there and you will find the JR dump site.
Well done KC,

I don't remember the tip being on Chevin Rd, but I know it was in Kelvin Rd for a long time. We had friends who lived on Kelvin Rd (1988-1994) near the tip and it was open then - they couldn't stand the smell and moved. (City of Gosnells incorporating Huntingdale).

There's also a tip on Ranford Rd, near the goods railway line - open for ages but within the City of Canning.

The Water Corp. next door on Cnr Bannister & South St, is built on a tip which mainly took poisonous refuge, like paint etc. That building was built about 1990.

I'd think, even back then, tips were open and closed at certain times, with a gate person who took the passes - a couple of passes issued with the rates. Would it have been possible in 1996 to simply drive in to any of those tips?

so do you think the csk was more cognizant of where the bodies were placed, rather than it being a convenient spot? if it was bre, then im more of the idea it was a spot of convenience that was known to him. SS is left close to home, as he is in a hurry to get rid of the body. JR goes out a bit further, left on a road side which he had driven past before on the way to Mandurah. she gets discovered, so thinking south was getting a bit hot he heads north with CG, and goes to pippindinny.

problem is that if SS was left close to home, alot of that area is now housing estates. without some sort of tip off, her body will be next to impossible to find if that is the case.
With regard to the final disposal of bodies I think he's thought north, south and east then travelled somewhere familiar. He knew various horse properties, agistment or riding schools etc, and JRs site was on route to Madora Bay.

The drive would have been the most riskiest part, but seclusion was priority to fulfil his fantasy. I can imagine the drive being nerve wracking for him and not saying anything but fully concentrating on the drive.

I don't think SS has been left in an area close to Huntingdale, I'm sure her body would have been discovered by now, either by local people or developers. There's vast areas within the Darling Ranges which haven't been developed and won't because they're state forest.

It was by chance JR and CGs bodies were discovered alongside a track and slightly covered, someone picking lillies and the other looking for a crop. I'd think SSs would have been treated in the same disregard, but just hasn't been located yet. Her body will be off a track, in a place, no one has a reason to go. Assessible via the road's left side like JR and CG were.

Hope I've answered your question and these are only my thoughts.

Comment Added: As SSs clothing were autumn tones they'd probably blend in with the surroundings.

Last edited:
With regard to the final disposal of bodies I think he's thought north, south and east then travelled somewhere familiar. He knew various horse properties, agistment or riding schools etc, and JRs site was on route to Madora Bay.

The drive would have been the most riskiest part, but seclusion was priority to fulfil his fantasy. I can imagine the drive being nerve wracking for him and not saying anything but fully concentrating on the drive.

I don't think SS has been left in an area close to Huntingdale, I'm sure her body would have been discovered by now, either by local people or developers. There's vast areas within the Darling Ranges which haven't been developed and won't because they're state forest.

It was by chance JR and CGs bodies were discovered alongside a track and slightly covered, someone picking lillies and the other looking for a crop. I'd think SSs would have been treated in the same disregard, but just hasn't been located yet. Her body will be off a track, in a place, no one has a reason to go. Assessible via the road's left side like JR and CG were.

Hope I've answered your question and these are only my thoughts.

Comment Added: As SSs clothing were autumn tones they'd probably blend in with the surroundings.
Thanks for that. How far is the state Forrest east from Claremont?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back