Current Claremont Murders - The Bunker

Is Bradley Edwards the Mystery Man in the CCTV?

• Yes

Votes: 28 82.4%
  • No

Votes: 6 17.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is another bus-stop on the south side of Stirling Highway slightly before Bay View Terrace. It's outside the Council buildings. It would be very obvious to drivers heading west.
Looking at the map, I think you mean the bus stop near Claremont Park. That park would be fairly secluded at night time, just like Rowe Park. An excellent place to park and look out for an unsuspecting female. What if his car was parked within the park, near Agile Dogs.

Let's consider the enormity of the task which his honour has now embarked upon. An insight may be gleaned from the decision in Rayney (link below). Why do they allow judge only trials: what a waste of time IMHO.

And it’s probably going to be even bigger... I’m going to need. Day off to read the verdict!

Let's consider the enormity of the task which his honour has now embarked upon. An insight may be gleaned from the decision in Rayney (link below). Why do they allow judge only trials: what a waste of time IMHO.

I'd rather be provided sound reasoning of a decision any day of the week. Most jurors dont even realise they have no idea & think they did a great job. Worse, most are clueless as to police antics & believe whatever the "good guys" suggest occured & too bad for you if you get wrongly shafted and dont have any recourse because there was no error of law or any clear right of appeal. I loathe the jury system and would much prefer someone with some understanding at least making the decisions on anyone's future.

I'd rather be provided sound reasoning of a decision any day of the week. Most jurors dont even realise they have no idea & think they did a great job. Worse, most are clueless as to police antics & believe whatever the "good guys" suggest occured & too bad for you if you get wrongly shafted and dont have any recourse because there was no error of law or any clear right of appeal. I loathe the jury system and would much prefer someone with some understanding at least making the decisions on anyone's future.
You make the valid arguments in favour of judge alone trials. However, not all judges are able to cast off their past experiences when deliberating. That is one of the reasons why the US Constitution and the Australian Constitution (in respect to serious federal charges) guarantee trial by jury.

My point is really just that it is enormously expensive.

Last edited:
As you've pointed out I don't know if BRE had gone to wife no 1 asking her out to the fireworks or if he had dinner with her and the family.
I suppose remembering what happened twenty years beforehand is quite difficult, but as Australia Day is a memorable day, I would have thought memory recall for wife no 1 might have been possible or clear enough to remember.
Sorry to backtrack, I've just reread these & realise both replies have misinterpreted the point I was aiming to make clear.

Likeamystery No, I think its fairly safe to assume it probably did happen at some time & he likely did go to visit her at her parents house, stayed on for dinner & they had a conversation about going to see some fireworks. That was wife1's testimony so according to her it happened & if thats how she recalls it, I see no reason to disbelieve her. It wasn't about the event itself occuring or not.
So much time has passed, it is reasonable that some one could forget exactly what they were doing on Australia Day over 20 years ago. i know I can't remember and why would you unless it was a special occasion. Obviously she had no suspicions he was the CSK and didn't notice any dodgy or questionable behavior.
Likewise, its wasn't about her memory & whether or not she could recall a particular day 20+yrs ago & I definitely wasn't expressing a personal opinion as to whether her memory lapse was justifiable.

It was about the actual testimony given in the courtroom & the events LAM detailed in the post I was responding to, which didnt match & I was bringing her attention back to those things actually put on the table under oath, & the only evidence presented about that event to the court.

Specifically, we dont know what day that happened and cant assume it was 26Jan96 because the prosecutor says it was, nor because it fit their theory that her rejection was the catalyst for Sarah being abducted & likely killed.

We cant say what fireworks he wanted her to accompany him to or that it had to have been those in Mandurah on 26Jan96 because thats the best fit for their theory . It may have been the Perth Skyshow on Sunday or it may not have been in January & had nothing to do with Australia Day at all.

We dont know he was in his vehicle leaving Mandurah & returning to Perth sometime after 9pm that night to place him back in Claremont at the relevant time. There was no testimony given to back that series of events up.

Similarly, there was no evidence to back that he was told of her pregnancy just prior to abducting Jane and there was no evidence the settlement of the house caused him to abduct Ciara so the emotional distress they said he felt over those events & the prosecution told us they would prove to be the catalyst for him seeking each girl out at that time & murdering them was shelved & they told the court they would no longer be relying on that as a theory.

My point then was really that the prosecution have said plenty of things in seeking to provide a logical & cohesive story we can follow but none of it forms part of the evidence against him & nor can it be considered by the judge in deciding the facts of the each case until its backed up by the witness testimony before the court. Thats why the reporting being accurate & the full story being told is so important unless you're in the courtroom to hear it yourself. We haven't been given that consistently even though we've been provided far more than you would usually expect to hear of a trial.

Sorry to backtrack, I've just reread these & realise both replies have misinterpreted the point I was aiming to make clear.

Likeamystery No, I think its fairly safe to assume it probably did happen at some time & he likely did go to visit her at her parents house, stayed on for dinner & they had a conversation about going to see some fireworks. That was wife1's testimony so according to her it happened & if thats how she recalls it, I see no reason to disbelieve her. It wasn't about the event itself occuring or not.

Likewise, its wasn't about her memory & whether or not she could recall a particular day 20+yrs ago & I definitely wasn't expressing a personal opinion as to whether her memory lapse was justifiable.

It was about the actual testimony given in the courtroom & the events LAM detailed in the post I was responding to, which didnt match & I was bringing her attention back to those things actually put on the table under oath, & the only evidence presented about that event to the court.

Specifically, we dont know what day that happened and cant assume it was 26Jan96 because the prosecutor says it was, nor because it fit their theory that her rejection was the catalyst for Sarah being abducted & likely killed.

We cant say what fireworks he wanted her to accompany him to or that it had to have been those in Mandurah on 26Jan96 because thats the best fit for their theory . It may have been the Perth Skyshow on Sunday or it may not have been in January & had nothing to do with Australia Day at all.

We dont know he was in his vehicle leaving Mandurah & returning to Perth sometime after 9pm that night to place him back in Claremont at the relevant time. There was no testimony given to back that series of events up.

Similarly, there was no evidence to back that he was told of her pregnancy just prior to abducting Jane and there was no evidence the settlement of the house caused him to abduct Ciara so the emotional distress they said he felt over those events & the prosecution told us they would prove to be the catalyst for him seeking each girl out at that time & murdering them was shelved & they told the court they would no longer be relying on that as a theory.

My point then was really that the prosecution have said plenty of things in seeking to provide a logical & cohesive story we can follow but none of it forms part of the evidence against him & nor can it be considered by the judge in deciding the facts of the each case until its backed up by the witness testimony before the court. Thats why the reporting being accurate & the full story being told is so important unless you're in the courtroom to hear it yourself. We haven't been given that consistently even though we've been provided far more than you would usually expect to hear of a trial.
Yes, see your point and agree. The prosecution have taken a bit of liberty in telling their 'story', a lot of people would not pick this up. None of the above is supported by actual evidence, it is just supposition.

Thank you for the explanation much appreciated.

Pauline Walter went missing in June 1980 and her body wasn't discovered until May 1986, she was murdered. Armadale shire employees found her skeletal remains whilst clearing an open road drain at Rowley Rd Forrestdale. Back then, Rowley Rd was a very quiet road with farming type properties - it's a long road. I suppose if someone is placed within an open drain and slightly covered with natural vegetation the local residents who happened to walk past may have thought the odour was a decomposing kangaroo and avoided the area.

There's still lots of open drainage within Southern River and Forrestdale etc. Huntingdale west near Gay St, had open drainage too but that's all been piped underground.

Thinking if the accused is responsible for SS disappearance she's somewhere in the native bushland, a similar distance from Perth to the other two disposals. One thing we do know, is that she's not buried because the accused is far too lazy to pick up a shovel!

LAM - do you know where abouts on rowley rd this happened? been trying to find a location for this for a while. as you say rowley rd is quite long, although im not sure how long it was back in 1986. for it to be armadale council workers finding the body i would guess it would be between nicholson rd and eleventh rd, as the other side of nicholson rd falls under city of cockburn to the north, and city of kwinana to the south.

LAM - do you know where abouts on rowley rd this happened? been trying to find a location for this for a while. as you say rowley rd is quite long, although im not sure how long it was back in 1986. for it to be armadale council workers finding the body i would guess it would be between nicholson rd and eleventh rd, as the other side of nicholson rd falls under city of cockburn to the north, and city of kwinana to the south.
Krusty - No, I don't know the actual whereabouts, but good pick up being between Nicholson Rd and Eleventh Rd for it to have been within the City of Armadale's boundary. Pauline was originally from the Northern Territory. It took many years to finally identify her skeletal bones through DNA.

does anyone know anything about this article? the location is not far from bog bridge in huntingdale, just down the road from BRE stomping ground. tried searching for more info but cant find much online. Also the surname in the report of yidich is incorrect, its vidich in other reports, and this family name is known to people of the gosnells area from around the 90s, if i recall there should of been a vidich at gosnells high school about the same time as BRE or just after.

does anyone know anything about this article? the location is not far from bog bridge in huntingdale, just down the road from BRE stomping ground. tried searching for more info but cant find much online. Also the surname in the report of yidich is incorrect, its vidich in other reports, and this family name is known to people of the gosnells area from around the 90s, if i recall there should of been a vidich at gosnells high school about the same time as BRE or just after.
I don’t know who the person was that they found, DNA testing can take years. That article date states 2011, but I’m sure the body was discovered closer to 2017, because I recall thinking another blow for Huntingdale. There’s not much on the internet news about the discovery of the body.

Possibly the dead body might be one of these two men:

2007 - Noel Acton from Gosnells went missing
http://www.australianmissingpersonsregister.com/Acton.htm

2013 - Martin Tann was last seen in April 2013 – Martin had dreadlocks
https://www.crimestopperswa.com.au/open-cases/missing-person-martyn-tann/

Part of the article states: The children say the dead man had shoulder length dreadlocks and was wearing jeans and a brand new pair of nike shoes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t know who the person was that they found, DNA testing can take years. That article date states 2011, but I’m sure the body was discovered closer to 2017, because I recall thinking another blow for Huntingdale. There’s not much on the internet news about the discovery of the body.

Part of the article states: The children say the dead man had shoulder length dreadlocks and was wearing jeans and a brand new pair of nike shoes.

Neither of those names turn up in W.A. coroner's reports 2012-2020

This article has 2011 as the date also, they wouldn't be reporting a body found in 2017 in 2011... it also mentions he had 2 pairs of jeans on and a black jacket.

This article has 2011 as the date also, they wouldn't be reporting a body found in 2017 in 2011... it also mentions he had 2 pairs of jeans on and a black jacket.
Although the article states 2011 I recall the body was found closer to 2017. That's why I added both the missing people. My query is the date of the article (2011). Also, I can't find any other articles about the body which was found, that's odd.

Edit: I've located other articles which confirm the date was 2011. Perhaps in 2017 the media mentioned it again.

Last edited:
Yes, see your point and agree. The prosecution have taken a bit of liberty in telling their 'story', a lot of people would not pick this up. None of the above is supported by actual evidence, it is just supposition.
Yeh, but it goes with the job. They need to present their case & every judge or jury needs to have the gaps filled, so they narrate the story & their witnesses will hopefully assist them in proving it.
Not being able to do that doesn't nessessarily mean they were wrong, only they couldnt prove they were right.

Yeh, but it goes with the job. They need to present their case & every judge or jury needs to have the gaps filled, so they narrate the story & their witnesses will hopefully assist them in proving it.
Not being able to do that doesn't nessessarily mean they were wrong, only they couldnt prove they were right.
yes and there are a lot of gaps to fill!! Certainly don't envy Hall's job of sifting through all this information and try to come to the correct conclusion. Will be interesting to see what reaction BRE shows if he is found guilty. Not just his facial or physical reactions (of which there has been very little), but if he does put forward some sort of plea. On the other hand if he is found not guilty, how will that play out? Although he would be free, his life will be ruined.

if he is found not guilty, how will that play out? Although he would be free, his life will be ruined.
Free to spend about 15 years in Jail for the charges he has already pleaded guilty to and is awaiting sentencing for
- Huntingdale attack
- Karrakatta attack

yes and there are a lot of gaps to fill!! Certainly don't envy Hall's job of sifting through all this information and try to come to the correct conclusion. Will be interesting to see what reaction BRE shows if he is found guilty. Not just his facial or physical reactions (of which there has been very little), but if he does put forward some sort of plea. On the other hand if he is found not guilty, how will that play out? Although he would be free, his life will be ruined.
Not free. Back to custody awaiting the facts of the other charges to be agreed upon prior to sentencing for the rape and prowling offences.

If he gets found not guilty of the murders, any sentence for the rape will be backdated to the date he went into custody so whatever jail term he ends up receiving for that, he'll be 4 years into it already by Christmas time. Even if he got 15yrs with parole eligibility at half term, he could be preparing his parole application 3 years from now.

If he's found not guilty of murder its going to be difficult for anyone who believes he should have been, to reconcile the idea that he's not considered the killer they think he is. So if he's in that situation at sentencing, I dont think it will matter what he gets, it will likely be met with howls of leniency regardless.

If he does ever get out & the attention he receives is too much for him, I guess he'll do what plenty of others have done, change his name as soon as he can if he feels he has to and move to another state.

Not free. Back to custody awaiting the facts of the other charges to be agreed upon prior to sentencing for the rape and prowling offences.

If he gets found not guilty of the murders, any sentence for the rape will be backdated to the date he went into custody so whatever jail term he ends up receiving for that, he'll be 4 years into it already by Christmas time. Even if he got 15yrs with parole eligibility at half term, he could be preparing his parole application 3 years from now.

If he's found not guilty of murder its going to be difficult for anyone who believes he should have been, to reconcile the idea that he's not considered the killer they think he is. So if he's in that situation at sentencing, I dont think it will matter what he gets, it will likely be met with howls of leniency regardless.

If he does ever get out & the attention he receives is too much for him, I guess he'll do what plenty of others have done, change his name as soon as he can if he feels he has to and move to another state.

For once I agree with Tom Percy. The chances of an attorney general agreeing to parole release in even the sexual assault charges is pretty low. If he gets convicted on just one murder he'll die in prison. With just the sexual assault charges I'm fairly confident he'll do the full 15 years.

Last edited:
For once I agree with Tom Percy. The chances of an attorney general agreeing to parole release in even the sexual assault charges is pretty low. If he gets convicted on just one murder he'll die in prison. With just the sexual assault charges I'm fairly confident he'll do the full 15 years.
We can only hope he dies in prison. One way or another.

We can only hope he dies in prison. One way or another.
Once he dies I'm sure there will only a handful of people who'd be upset - consider him a waste of prison resources and no great loss - eventually his technician (IT) expertise will become outdated and he'll be good for nothing!

Edit: added technician

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back