Current Claremont Murders - The Bunker

Is Bradley Edwards the Mystery Man in the CCTV?

• Yes

Votes: 28 82.4%
  • No

Votes: 6 17.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Melsy

Club Legend
Jul 21, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
As someone said, he got all the good jobs with overtime in Telstra. Possibly daddy, who knows.

Could it be that Jane was chosen because she did not attend Iona therefore not placing the immediate gaze of investigators' eyes on Iona? If there had been 2 Iona former pupils abducted one after the other immediate attention would have focused on Iona. I am curious as to whether the Karrakatta victim had been connected to Iona.

No to both, the KK victim did not attend Iona.

Also, as a victim and witness is protected by suppression orders.

Melsy

Club Legend
Jul 21, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
Are you reading the media? Carmel has already indicated they were strangers, that he attacked women he did not know.

That's good to hear. We can reinforce this at the end of the trial. Unfortunately, there was close to ties according to others. So to say, he had no knowledge of the victims when it is already alleged he visited Cottesloe hotels is going to be very very interesting from such a high profile prosecutor to come out and make a statement up front.

Gob smacked she has made such a statement up front considering the number of schools in the area. For a prosecutor to allege he had no knowledge of the victims up front of a trial is careless.

This could fairly dangerous into the trial when defence counsel points this out as the legal wind changes,

Gob smacked she has made such a statement up front considering the number of schools in the area. For a prosecutor to allege he had no knowledge of the victims up front of a trial is careless.

This could fairly dangerous into the trial when defence counsel points this out as the legal wind changes

I think Carmel is pretty smart so unless there's evidence he actually met them then there is none but for he drank in pubs, of course he might have spotted them somewhere. Does that mean he knows them? I see hundreds of people every week, most of them I don't know and even if I recognised their face again still wouldn't say I knew them.

Melsy

Club Legend
Jul 21, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
Are you reading the media? Carmel has already indicated they were strangers, that he attacked women he did not know.

Considering a forum members previous comments and the fact Ciaras mother was a teacher at Iona, it wil be interesting to see if the prosecution is asking the right people the right questions and of the 580 witnesses whether those people are present.

If the accused has not heard in discussion of the Iona families, more so the possiblity work done at the school under multipe positions at Telstra, I will be very surprised. Either that, or previous forum member content is further misinformation.

The connections of the accused with staff at Iona is too coincidental. Not implying involvement, but maybe passing comment influenced victims targeted.

If those persons are not questioned by the prosecution, I dare say they will be notified.

Melsy

Club Legend
Jul 21, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
I think Carmel is pretty smart so unless there's evidence he actually met them then there is none but for he drank in pubs, of course he might have spotted them somewhere. Does that mean he knows them? I see hundreds of people every week, most of them I don't know and even if I recognised their face again still wouldn't say I knew them.

Stalker, assault charges, girls Catholic boarding school. Close relationships with Iona staff. Victims mother a teacher at the school.

I see thousands of people every week too. I guess you dont dress up in mens underwear and spank into glad wrap bags.

Melsy

Club Legend
Jul 21, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
I presume prosecution has gone back and interviewed Iona staff and any relationship with the accused. If not, people will be questioning why.

Not to mention a technician in the area carried out work, with a focus on PABX of commercial premises such as the one where a prosecution took place.

This state has a bad reputation in the past for hiding significant evidence. Don't forget LW was targeted even though at one point evidence stood that proved it was not him.

We have at least two cases in the immediate area where people of interest have been targeted with tenacity and others ignored.

Last edited:
I presume prosecution has gone back and interviewed Iona staff and any relationship with the accused. If not, people will be questioning why.

I wouldn't be one of them questioning why the prosecution didnt go back and interview Iona staff.

Not to mention a technician in the area carried out work, with a focus on PABX of commercial premises such as the one where a prosecution took place.

This state has a bad reputation in the past for hiding significant evidence. Don't forget LW was targeted even though at one point evidence stood that proved it was not him.

I know ... but I'd want to know why investigators hadn't gone back. They've had well over two years now to tidy this up and Carmel would be right to expect that most of everything that needed to be done, has been done.

And I haven't forgotten much, I am acutely aware of how shabby that investigation has been and am very quick to post when I find a flaw.

Melsy

Club Legend
Jul 21, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
I am privvy to some inside information. You may take it or leave it but suggest this is left alone thanks. She did not attend Iona.

I wouldn't be one of them questioning why the prosecution didnt go back and interview Iona staff.

Even if they are complete strangers, that does not mean they were not stalked and targeted. More so based if the accused had passing conversations with staff members of the school and or worked at Iona at one stage.

Krusty Crab

Team Captain
Jan 5, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
So part of the justification for a judge only trial is that the prosecution intends to show pictures of the victims bodies at the dump site, and pictures from their post mortem. what is to be gained by showing these photos? surely anything shown in these photos wouldn't be debated by either the prosecution or defence, and would be considered factual? cant the prosecution simply discuss any items that need to be included? what could be in the photos that requires them to be shown?

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
So part of the justification for a judge only trial is that the prosecution intends to show pictures of the victims bodies at the dump site, and pictures from their post mortem. what is to be gained by showing these photos? surely anything shown in these photos wouldn't be debated by either the prosecution or defence, and would be considered factual? cant the prosecution simply discuss any items that need to be included? what could be in the photos that requires them to be shown?
I get the feeling this was mayo. The main thrust of the requirement for a JO trial is the long history and the high level people in WA would be affected and have bias against anybody put forward as a suspect.

FTY1

All Australian
Jul 14, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
Investigators are tracking down and talking to people involved in illegal street drags back in the 80s 90s. Trying to place BRE at Pipidinny Road apparently.

Of course this is second hand local chat but it makes good sense.
Well Scott Fenton and Tina Christie the basketballers were killed in Marmion Avenue in Hillarys in 1989 so there were definitely illegal street races at the time. Whether these extended up to the corner of Marmion Avenue and Pippidinny Road would be another question. Also whether there was any association with BRE.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Fenton

"Fenton and Christie were turning into Marmion Avenue in the Perth suburb of Hillarys when reportedly two cars racing down that street with no headlights on slammed into their car. Both Fenton and Christie died instantly."

https://www.communitynews.com.au/jo...-reflect-on-influence-of-scott-fentons-death/

"They were killed instantly when a V8 Holden Commodore, which police said had been travelling at up to 200km/h while drag racing, ploughed into the driver’s side of their Honda sedan near Flinders Avenue just after midnight. "

Oct 12, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Well Scott Fenton and Tina Christie the basketballers were killed in Marmion Avenue in Hillarys in 1989 so there were definitely illegal street races at the time. Whether these extended up to the corner of Marmion Avenue and Pippidinny Road would be another question. Also whether there was any association with BRE.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Fenton

"Fenton and Christie were turning into Marmion Avenue in the Perth suburb of Hillarys when reportedly two cars racing down that street with no headlights on slammed into their car. Both Fenton and Christie died instantly."

https://www.communitynews.com.au/jo...-reflect-on-influence-of-scott-fentons-death/

"They were killed instantly when a V8 Holden Commodore, which police said had been travelling at up to 200km/h while drag racing, ploughed into the driver’s side of their Honda sedan near Flinders Avenue just after midnight. "
Reaching the bottom of the barrel here. This is no where near Pippidinny Rd, over 25km away and Pipidinny didn't connect to Marmion Ave at all when Ciara was discovered.

Would be more interesting talking about whether the prosecution has given the defence the compete DNA report, as was reported they hadn't yet at the last Directions hearing. When is the next hearing?

Alternatively SS77 SimonSays77 could explain Gnosis 33 he's been posting about?

Reaching the bottom of the barrel here. This is no where near Pippidinny Rd, over 25km away and Pipidinny didn't connect to Marmion Ave at all when Ciara was discovered.

Still the general if not immediate area when illegal street racers are driving at 200 kmph on long stretches of road, it's only 7.5 minutes away.

There's been some wondering about how investigators tracked these people who were involved in illegal street drags down. That could be one way, by opening the police file on these deaths and contacting anybody who's name came up.

Also this news clipping which I've posted before but won't hurt to post it again I think. Gives an idea of the culture at the time although this is late 80s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back