Current Claremont Murders - The Bunker

Is Bradley Edwards the Mystery Man in the CCTV?

• Yes

Votes: 28 82.4%
  • No

Votes: 6 17.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone showed me an image of the Telstra Exchange - 1974. It's recorded in the state library. You'll see the little building on the top RHS, amongst the cleared land. Bullfinch St was there, but it looks like Gay St wasn't a sealed road. Please let me know what you think, is it the Telstra exchange?
https://encore.slwa.wa.gov.au/iii/encore/record/C__Rb2457158__S(huntingdale)__P0,13__Orightresult__U__X3?lang=eng&suite=def#attachedMediaSection

It's possible.

Incidentally the nursery was known as Gay Grown Plants for a long while. They changed it to Sunnyvale plants for unknown reasons some time in the 80s or 90s.

I had a work Camry for a while - a white wagon. I drove it to work past Edwards' place each morning in the early to mid 90s. It was actually quite perky to drive and the build quality was good. I had a Mitsubish Galant at the same time. It lasted 20 years before being towed away at 325k. The two cars were comparable in build quality so I would expect many Camrys to last 20 years - even fleet cars as they are sold after 2 years to private owners.
Sometimes government employees are aware of the auction and purchase them - well the ones with low mileage.

Can you remember when Gay St was a thoroughfare from Southern River Rd to Warton Rd. I recall it was assessible from Southern River Rd but the part nearer to Warton Rd was still bush - 1987/88.

It's possible.

Incidentally the nursery was known as Gay Grown Plants for a long while. They changed it to Sunnyvale plants for unknown reasons some time in the 80s or 90s.
For those that don't know the nursery was originally owned and operated by Bernard Gay a Canadian. Hence the name Gay St. He was one of the ones to establish the Southern River Progress Assoc hall - Cnr Bullfinch & Southern River Rd.

A couple of the Gay family still operate the nursery. Sorry can't provide link for launch, will need to cut and paste.

inherit.stateheritage.wa.gov.au/Public/Inventory/PrintSingleRecord/da47c48d-106c-4511-867f-08bc5b62a839

Whilst researching a unrelated case i came across this newspaper clipping about JR being sighted walking down Stirling Highway hitchhiking, just wondering if anyone else has seen this article before?

6206f1c9695d5d86f1a14bcc8fbe328e_tutq.jpg
the last word of the last sentence is *street*

Sometimes government employees are aware of the auction and purchase them - well the ones with low mileage.

Can you remember when Gay St was a thoroughfare from Southern River Rd to Warton Rd. I recall it was assessible from Southern River Rd but the part nearer to Warton Rd was still bush - 1987/88.

Same with huntingdale road. It saved a lot of time when the harpenden to warton rd bit went in. Forget the year but early 90s?

I suspect the exchange on Gay St is newer than that - put in to service the more recent developments to the immediate North and North West especially. It certainly looks pretty new.

Old Huntingdale was serviced from an exchange at Maddington Square.

P.S His parent's house is literally just down the road on Gay St.

View attachment 824024
Parents lived at 142 Gay Street. Here's a Google Street View pic 2008. Looks very different today. BRE moved back there after the sale of his Fountain Way property in April 1997.

Attachments

• 142 Gay Street Huntingdale 2008.jpg
    142 Gay Street Huntingdale 2008.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 65
Whilst researching a unrelated case i came across this newspaper clipping about JR being sighted walking down Stirling Highway hitchhiking, just wondering if anyone else has seen this article before?

View attachment 824136
yes have seen this a few times. I think the police pretty much dismissed it as being Jane.

View attachment 824136
Yes saw that ages ago and nothing ever came of it. I always wondered if it was a police decoy and that may have been reason it was dropped but don't know, am only guessing.

Looking up sentencing in W.A. The most similar offence to the KK charges got 13 years Total Effective Sentence. But that crime included a burglary ('home invasion') which appears to get a higher tarrif. However he also unlawfully detained KK which is a 3 year offense.

https://www.dpp.wa.gov.au/_files/sex_pen_adult_victims_2014.pdf

So if BRE gets his Huntingdale home invasion / deprivation of liberty added to the KK offenses he can expect around 13-15 years TES. The downside is there will be a non-parole period that could be as low as 50%, so worst case scenario he could be on the streets in 4 years from now.

Looking up sentencing in W.A. The most similar offence to the KK charges got 13 years Total Effective Sentence. But that crime included a burglary ('home invasion') which appears to get a higher tarrif. However he also unlawfully detained KK which is a 3 year offense.

So if BRE gets his Huntingdale home invasion / deprivation of liberty added to the KK offenses he can expect around 13-15 years TES. The downside is there will be a non-parole period that could be as low as 50%, so worst case scenario he could be on the streets in 4 years from now.
Doesn't each rape consist of 6 years, so KK times 2 rapes - 12 years. It's not the first time he's broken the law (HH).

He should get more for the aggravated circumstances? The KK victim was abducted, moved from one scene to another and add substantially degrading acts? Even more as a serial ofender.

Doesn't each rape consist of 6 years, so KK times 2 rapes - 12 years. It's not the first time he's broken the law (HH).

• Count 3 On 12 February 1995, at Claremont and elsewhere, the accused unlawfully detained KJG.
  • Count 4 On the same date as in count 3, at Karrakatta, the accused sexually penetrated KJG without her consent, by penetrating her vagina with his penis, and did bodily harm to KJG, and did an act which was likely to seriously and substantially degrade or humiliate KJG.
  • Count 5 On the same date and at the same place as count 4, the accused sexually penetrated KJG without her consent, by penetrating her anus with his penis, and did bodily harm to KJG, and did an act which was likely to seriously and substantially degrade or humiliate KJG.
that's 6 years plus 6 years + 3 years. and the Huntingdale stuff which will be 3 years. Maybe he'll get longer than 4 years from now

• Count 3 On 12 February 1995, at Claremont and elsewhere, the accused unlawfully detained KJG.
  • Count 4 On the same date as in count 3, at Karrakatta, the accused sexually penetrated KJG without her consent, by penetrating her vagina with his penis, and did bodily harm to KJG, and did an act which was likely to seriously and substantially degrade or humiliate KJG.
  • Count 5 On the same date and at the same place as count 4, the accused sexually penetrated KJG without her consent, by penetrating her anus with his penis, and did bodily harm to KJG, and did an act which was likely to seriously and substantially degrade or humiliate KJG.
that's 6 years plus 6 years + 3 years. and the Huntingdale stuff which will be 3 years. Maybe he'll get longer than 4 years from now

I had it pegged as 15 on the top and he'd do 10 to 12 before he got out but I now think that might have been conservative. For the lesser charges, I might go for 18 on top.

*speculative

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's already done 3 years. If he doesn't get sentenced for the double-crimes concurrently will Yovich have grounds for appeal.

I'm going to check into the trial at some point and I plan on wearing a solidarity kimono over jeans. If any of the ladies on here intend to check into the trial, do you have a statement kimono you can wear casually as a jacket? They're also on trend this summer.

I think this might work in adding a little more tension/pressure ...

I'm going to check into the trial at some point and I plan on wearing a solidarity kimono over jeans. If any of the ladies on here intend to check into the trial, do you have a statement kimono you can wear casually as a jacket? They're also on trend this summer.

I think this might work in adding a little more tension/pressure ...
Yep I have a couple of kimonos as tops, definitely on trend..
How about the men wear one as well in solidarity ... o_O

Attachments

• Flame kimono.jpg
    Flame kimono.jpg
    366.2 KB · Views: 30
Most judges will meld the sentencing as one lot. Guilty plea = 4 years for each - plus 18 months

I think your 4 more years for a total of 8 BEFORE Parole is closer . But Parole will be the bigger issue -

I love Camilla - have about 12 - Olivia's kimono is on sale for $639
Wonder if should source this one for my next Court visit - this photo is my fav at the moment:

Do you think BRE would be jealous ?
Yovich would I'm sure - my Robe is longer and better than your Robe.............. and, I can do Jazz hands too playingkoikimono.png

On a Bike -------------- the billowing / flow would be amazing.
Or, you have to walk really fast for a billow..........

Last edited:
I love Camilla - have about 12 - Olivia's kimono is on sale for $639
Wonder if should source this one for my next Court visit
Do you think BRE would be jealous ?

You might get a reaction imo.

Imagine if every woman in the court room showed up in a kimono. Particularly at sentencing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back