Remove this Banner Ad

Grendel

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 23, 2000
Spanish Announcers table
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Okay, i better get it out of the way.

I have nothing against Dent as a player per se (other than i dont and never have thought much of his ability). Good luck to him on a personal note and i hope like hell he proves me wrong and becomes a good footballer for us.

However, i do find this a hard concept to take. The facts are this is the 5th player in (Dent Young Sharkey Daniltcheko Ridley)five years that the clubs drafted to 'fill a gap' in the list with an expeirenced type to 'help the youngsters' along.

What rot. If we couldnt get some kid in that time that couldnt now be a handy player for us if they had only but tried that option.

All these players (with haha the exception of Young, who was actually not bad at Essendon) were strugglers in struggling sides. So my question is (and always has been) WHY? Why draft them, what do they see in them and whats there purpose supposed to be??

If Dent doesnt do a thing this year, then perhaps they might finally give up this insane desire to draft an mid-range, average sized half back flanker at every pre-season draft.

Cheers.

------------------
Right now I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before.

Point taken ol'fella...and although I hate to bag anyone in brown & gold,I do have to agree with your basic argument.

-Rico

Remove this Banner Ad

Back