News Clark extends contract to end 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Im all for owning it .. but Im also all for knowing your capabilities.

A regular annoyance of mine is the long shot taker that just misses by 5 metres, drops short and is touched thru. We atm are winning , as much thru a conversion accuracy , as anything else ..and that I really respect. So no problem young JC .. but take the shot but take the result onboard of whats really a reasonable percentage shot .

I think Duncan is a reasonable comparison. he can hit them 55-60 on the run like in that GF. I think our cocky young frypan tried from about 75 ... I can hear Clint Eastwood whispering sweet nothings if he was his coach..
From memory his options were limited too and had it gone thru the RS would be his and the GOTY discussion would be roaring.

Id much rather him do that than say Smedts continue to try and shimmy his way past a tackler like he used to do - on the basis i dont recall JC having too many other options to back in. Smedts as having been referenced often took the tackler on when other options were available as he backed his skill to win out. IMO JC did the same on the back of not having too much else to do - happy to be corrected there.

Go Catters

From memory his options were limited too and had it gone thru the RS would be his and the GOTY discussion would be roaring.

Id much rather him do that than say Smedts continue to try and shimmy his way past a tackler like he used to do - on the basis i dont recall JC having too many other options to back in. Smedts as having been referenced often took the tackler on when other options were available as he backed his skill to win out. IMO JC did the same on the back of not having too much else to do - happy to be corrected there.

Go Catters

Im not clever enough to create a youtube clip...but described I see it ..

Kelly gathers the ball and runs on to the centre rear line of the square. MOC has his wheels rolling from CHB. Kelly releases the ball and MOC takes it 10 Metres behind the big Aboriginally coloured centre circle. MOC gives it to 2e in the CC who runs into pressure and offloads to Clark about 20 Metres from the front of the sqaure, about 5 from the side of the square.

Clark puts the hammer down put the his legs into gear. He is running full steam and starts to wind up for his kick as he is breaking thru the square , almost on the RH point of front and side. Would have to be all of 15 Metres to the 50 line.. so 65 out. By the time he hits the ball probably 60. A Swans player is coming at him. Just before he was kicking it a hit up player is leading at him , I think its Rohan , as he had cleared his defender with speed. Split second thing..no huge issue there really. The Rowan lead would have probably been a shot from 45 to 50..and pretty sure if he had his eyes up it would have been in his eyeline but I think he was think kick. Again split second. The ball drops in the square 5 inside the goal line.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back