Rumour Clark to Freo?

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey guys, just wanted to know what Lions fans would think of a Mitch Clark trade for Hwthorns Campbell Brown compo pick plus Michael O'sbourne...would it be enough to strike a deal?

Hey guys, just wanted to know what Lions fans would think of a Mitch Clark trade for Hwthorns Campbell Brown compo pick plus Michael O'sbourne...would it be enough to strike a deal?
Hell no.

Lets get some perspective here.

Consider that Gorringe is a likely top 5ish pick this year. Similar size and similar skill set. In fact any team which takes Gorringe will be hoping that he can become like Clark. That is a near AA standard ruck who can also play very comfortably as a forward. Whats more you don't have the risk of picking an 18 year old and you don't have to put in the three years of development before they are able to contribute. If Gorringe is worth pick 5 why the hell would we be taking crap for a guy with as high a ceiling, is still only 22 and has shown how good he is. Further to worth there is now talk that a top 10 pick has been agreed for Brennan. Clark is MUCH more valuable than Brennan.

From a Hawthorn perspective consider what you would want for Roughhead and then assume we would want the same. In fact if you offerred Roughhead in a straight swap that would probably get you there.

Haha thats absurd. He's worth Osbourne, Brown pick and Hawks 1st.

Hill may be worth alot to Freo but Clark is worth just as much to Brissy.

It seems all you purple clowns want is a gun player for nothing.:thumbsdown:

Its a difficult situation really and one i don't see getting resolved until he is out of contract.
I just don't want to trade Palmer, Ibbo or Johnson.

This year our first is worth FA cos its so late with the GC concessions and a 2nd or 3rd is worth nothing.
Its a really difficult year to trade for gun players IMO.

I can't see it getting done.
But the chances of us trading Hill, Mora, Fyfe etc are non-existent and its stupid that people even throw the idea up.

Also don't you think Clarks value to you as a team is lesser with Luenberger now taking over the role as your no1 ruckman?? Only marginally though i would assume.

Clark is a KPF IMO and only played ruck last season because we had nobody else. Brown and Fev are both close to 30 so Clark is very important to the Lions structure and recruiting going forward. He is a gun and we need to get good value for a proven player otherwise we go backwards even more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its a difficult situation really and one i don't see getting resolved until he is out of contract.
I just don't want to trade Palmer, Ibbo or Johnson.

This year our first is worth FA cos its so late with the GC concessions and a 2nd or 3rd is worth nothing.
Its a really difficult year to trade for gun players IMO.

I can't see it getting done.
But the chances of us trading Hill, Mora, Fyfe etc are non-existent and its stupid that people even throw the idea up.

Also don't you think Clarks value to you as a team is lesser with Luenberger now taking over the role as your no1 ruckman?? Only marginally though i would assume.
Freo supporters seem to all be wanting Clark without being willing to give anything up. Why the hell are you on this board if you are not willing to give up anything remotely reasonable. Go back to the Freo board and you guys can all enjoy your fantasy world together.

Freo might be renamed West Carlton the way they are carrying on.

I am thinking Clark's value to the team probably increased significantly when he got a chance at FF in round 20 and kicked 5 goals on Rutten with a vastly improved set shot for goal. The team suddenly saw how we could get the most out of both Clark and Leuenberger next year.

I understand we need to give up some serious quality to get him - it's not going to be a direct trade between Freo and Bris that is obvious.
We don't have the draft picks to give and the players you would want we wouldn't be wiling to give.

I understand we need to give up some serious quality to get him - it's not going to be a direct trade between Freo and Bris that is obvious.
We don't have the draft picks to give and the players you would want we wouldn't be wiling to give.

That is fair enough but it is insulting to have some of you blokes come in here and offer pick 20 and a bloke with possible drug issues.:eek:

I agree. This is why it is not likely to happen.

Fact - the reason no other club (besides the WA clubs) picked up Michael Johnson was b/c he made it very clear to recruiting managers prior to the draft that he would not leave his girlfriend and WA...so why his name is bandied around now is ridiculous.

Fact - the reason no other club (besides the WA clubs) picked up Michael Johnson was b/c he made it very clear to recruiting managers prior to the draft that he would not leave his girlfriend and WA...so why his name is bandied around now is ridiculous.

He was a PSD selection mate - i think there is more reasons he wasn't originally drafted otherwise we would have taken him in the ND

With his behaviour this year if he wants to play AFL footy in the future he might not have the choice of being to picky.

He was a PSD selection mate - i think there is more reasons he wasn't originally drafted otherwise we would have taken him in the ND

With his behaviour this year if he wants to play AFL footy in the future he might not have the choice of being to picky.

Hence the reason why no one picked him up then, when in all seriousness quite a few clubs were interested in his services, including Brisbane.

If its true that he wants out and has requested a trade to Fremantle, then its in the Lions best interest to come up with a deal. Do you want him playing for your beloved Lions next year knowing he wanted to desert your sinking ship, I don't think so. Lions will work out a deal, Freo will win out and you lot will be crying about it ha ha:)

If its true that he wants out and has requested a trade to Fremantle, then its in the Lions best interest to come up with a deal. Do you want him playing for your beloved Lions next year knowing he wanted to desert your sinking ship, I don't think so. Lions will work out a deal, Freo will win out and you lot will be crying about it ha ha:)

Thanks for your contribution.

if he was keen on the idea of going to victoria what would you guys think of a straight swap of pick 6 for clark? and if push came to shove id probs chuck in tambling as well.
think he would suit the needs of the tiges very well

if he was keen on the idea of going to victoria what would you guys think of a straight swap of pick 6 for clark? and if push came to shove id probs chuck in tambling as well.
think he would suit the needs of the tiges very well

Hands off! This is turning into a free-for-all!

Seriously though, can't see him leaving the den. He's required and we will play hard ball to keep him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back