Roast Clarke and Campo need to go.

Remove this Banner Ad

Would it be reasonable to expect a defensively centered team to be more aggressive.
I would rather see this part of our team developed than total attack which seems to end up with down hill skier syndrome.
Campo clearly doesn't have this in his repertoire.

Would it be reasonable to expect a defensively centered team to be more aggressive.
I would rather see this part of our team developed than total attack which seems to end up with down hill skier syndrome.
Campo clearly doesn't have this in his repertoire.

Think the Knight's led Essendon. That's where Campo cut his teeth as a midfield coach.

Think the Knight's led Essendon. That's where Campo cut his teeth as a midfield coach.
Are you saying he didn't exactly learn from the best? Not much to drawer from prior to coming to us.
I wouldn't have taken too much notice of what Essendon were doing Back then. I see they got flogged quite a bit in his time there.

I'm going to elaborate a bit.

Scott Camporeale has been in the system for 11 years now. Did 4 seasons with Essendon and now has been at the Crows for 7. Plenty of time to learn the trade and create and implement your own brand, but moreso, the experience to change that brand if it's not working. A good coach should be ahead of the game. Not keep trying the same thing hoping it'll come good. Port spent the last 2 years with that excuse and got nowhere. No help for Sloane, which I understand the argument he's gotta work through it, but he's also our best damn player and can literally influence a result over 4 quarters of footy. To me, when Campo said he didn't want the top job, it said to me he wasn't interested in being the best. Happy to sit back and get his 200k a year and if we make the finals job secured for another 2 years.

Matthew Clarke has now been at the Crows for 10 years. Sauce is a pretty decent ruckman, wins plenty of taps and can be deadly around the ground if he is on. But his taps go to the wrong spot all the time. I rarely see him hit someone and we get a clean clearance. It probably does happen, but no where near enough. Now I'm not sure if this is Clarke's, Sauce's or Campo's fault, so I'll blame them all. Regardless, 10 years as an assistant is long enough to warrant a healthy review and consider other options.

Excuse the tirade

No excuses necessary, twas a fine tirade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think that and his family was just a convenient excuse because he wasn't being gifted the top job. He's since come out saying he has senior coaching aspirations after all :rolleyes:.
Has he? Where?

I think he'd be good, but Lade wouldn't go from a senior position at Port to be ruck coach here.

Crazy Vossy? No thanks.

Bassett - tick
Van Berlo - tick
Buckley - tick
Ratten - tick
Mattner - tick
Petrie - tick

I think he'd be good, but Lade wouldn't go from a senior position at Port to be ruck coach here.

Crazy Vossy? No thanks.

Bassett - tick
Van Berlo - tick
Buckley - tick
Ratten - tick
Mattner - tick
Petrie - tick

VB a big NO from me. What's the point of having more of the same preached to the group. It's exactly the core philosophies of his coaches that we need to move away from. Craig, Sando, Campo, Bicks are his primary imprints. If he goes away and works under a couple of different systems, then sure. But if he doesn't, then I don't want him anywhere near our club. But I know that he'll replace Campo next year. We want the same message but understand that sometimes it needs to be coming from a different voice. It's how we roll.

Crazy Vossy? No thanks.

Bassett - tick
Van Berlo - tick
Buckley - tick
Ratten - tick
Mattner - tick
Petrie - tick

Petrie is an interesting one.

Others have backroom dealing that sends them into a spiral of mediocrity.
Guess which of the two we are?

Phrase in bold is unusual, has got me wondering (because you're usually clearer than that). A spiral of mediocrity. Hmmm. <== seriously confused.
Tell you what, I'll make an honest, non-smartarse guess if you tell me what a spiral of mediocrity is, please :).
(Yeah, I know, it was a rhetorical question, but "a spiral of mediocrity"?? o_O)

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Phrase in bold is unusual, has got me wondering (because you're usually clearer than that). A spiral of mediocrity. Hmmm. <== seriously confused.
Tell you what, I'll make an honest, non-smartarse guess if you tell me what a spiral of mediocrity is, please :).
(Yeah, I know, it was a rhetorical question, but "a spiral of mediocrity"?? o_O)
google perpetual cycle of poverty. replace poverty with mediocrity.

replace economics with AFL. replace families with AFC.

would spiral downwards into mediocrity be a better phrasing?

Crazy Vossy? No thanks.

Bassett - tick
Van Berlo - tick
Buckley - tick
Ratten - tick
Mattner - tick
Petrie - tick
I'd like some coaches that haven't played for us.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Went to study his MBA and a few other business interests.

I seem to remember that's why he was a part time appointment to start with. His departure was handled very quietly in comparison to his arrival, although considering all the other major events that happened that year, maybe it's not that surprising.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back