Roast Clarke and Campo need to go.

Remove this Banner Ad

Just seen FC and how Richmond's defense is killing it. Is Truck out of contract any time soon?

Talk on FC about Hodge going to Geelong.

If we aren't up to our guts in Hodge coming over as an assistant, then I give up. We should sell the farm to get him over to work under Pyke. Let him name his price, let him bring another assistant over that he wants to work with.

Talk Thomas Foods into getting a personal sponsorship so he can piss that preservative-addled Lite'n'Easy shite off as well.

If we aren't up to our guts in Hodge coming over as an assistant, then I give up. We should sell the farm to get him over to work under Pyke. Let him name his price, let him bring another assistant over that he wants to work with.

Talk Thomas Foods into getting a personal sponsorship so he can piss that preservative-addled Lite'n'Easy shite off as well.
He only has it with beer.

pyke, the board and roo need to realise the structures are only as good as its foundation(players), and it crumbles under pressure every time. the players need to see what real leadership is.

Hodge will take one good look at us and how we are now and not be interested. but if we pitch it correctly, he may be interested. if we come in genuine, and give him a real license to make his mark and transform this group, and like ive mentioned before we are one rung above richmond for softness. hodge is no fool.

come at him with money and he will say he can make more in melb. these sorts of guys are only interested in the challenge. an opportunity to make his mark and stamp his legacy and authority. hawthorn are in a rebuilding stage for about 2 years. mitchell has gone to WC, and Lewis to Melbourne. these 3 guys are still competing, but its an even bigger game, which is stamping their influence on different clubs. We are in Adelaide, so maybe thats a good thing, where hawthorn might not want too many of their stars working for melb based competitors.

port are actively looking for hard edged people and it has had a positive influence on them. clean out the bruise free cruisers from our coaching ranks and get real.

Has Pyke actually brought in any of his own people since coming across? He kept pretty much the entire assistant coaching panel that was in place under Walsh, didn't he? I can understand maybe going with that for the first season just to get a feel for things, but I was expecting him to put more of his own stamp on it at the end of last year and it didn't really happen as far as I can see.

Has Pyke actually brought in any of his own people since coming across? He kept pretty much the entire assistant coaching panel that was in place under Walsh, didn't he? I can understand maybe going with that for the first season just to get a feel for things, but I was expecting him to put more of his own stamp on it at the end of last year and it didn't really happen as far as I can see.

We didnt give him a choice.

pyke, the board and roo need to realise the structures are only as good as its foundation(players), and it crumbles under pressure every time. the players need to see what real leadership is.

Hodge will take one good look at us and how we are now and not be interested. but if we pitch it correctly, he may be interested. if we come in genuine, and give him a real license to make his mark and transform this group, and like ive mentioned before we are one rung above richmond for softness. hodge is no fool.

come at him with money and he will say he can make more in melb. these sorts of guys are only interested in the challenge. an opportunity to make his mark and stamp his legacy and authority. hawthorn are in a rebuilding stage for about 2 years. mitchell has gone to WC, and Lewis to Melbourne. these 3 guys are still competing, but its an even bigger game, which is stamping their influence on different clubs. We are in Adelaide, so maybe thats a good thing, where hawthorn might not want too many of their stars working for melb based competitors.

port are actively looking for hard edged people and it has had a positive influence on them. clean out the bruise free cruisers from our coaching ranks and get real.

Why not get Michael Voss he was a champion leader on field

Why not get Michael Voss he was a champion leader on field
i dont remember too much about voss. maybe voss might be ready, maybe not. like some have mentioned on here, buckley and voss are both champions. and it did not translate. in both instances they did not seek outside experience and a different world view.

we are doing well off field. sharpening the blade on field is just what we need. the challenge for hodge is not to dismantle our culture, but to challenge his education against ours, and hopefully bounce off each other. We dont want to become professional snipers, but at the same time nothing pisses me off more than seeing that pleb nakia cockatoo throw our guys around like rag dolls. i mean a 3rd year player, you were there that night marty?

we need mental strength and with that give as much as we get physically. i mean look at melb. look at bugg and their midfield crew go out and target people.
look at dangerfield defending hawkins after the jumper punch. its not about right or wrong. its just the reality and thats what it takes to win. these guys are not season vets with leg arms. they are ******* 2-3 yr players.

im not saying to go out there and target people. i know we will never do that. what im saying is, guys better think twice before employing that tactic. We do alot of things right. so many things. we want to keep all that, and at the same time we want to throw out the weakness and hold our own. im saying why not have our cake and eat it too? everyone else does it. when roughed up, we are like lambs led to slaughter.

i mean, look at goodwin and rucciuto edwards, jarman and even our first gen like mcguiness and mcdermott. if the hit was there and fair, its your duty to go through it. look at riccuitos interview with mike sheahan on youtube. mike asks him if he regrets the dean kemp bump and he straight out says no. it was fair, it was there and he got as much as he dished. and Kemp has concussion issues now!

when was the last time one of our guys got suspended? sloane, for something he didnt even deserve whilst going for the ball, and then we lose to WC and costs us top 4. sounds familiar? AFC getting reamed without a whimper. look it may not be hodge, it can be anyone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Isn't that the point? 'Get Hodge, he's a hard nosed tough nut!'

So was Voss but he was useless as a coach.
you cant just isolate one particular cog, in a successful machine, and blanket give everyone undue credit. there is no shame in being a good player and not a great coach.

the key is having clarity in identifying what makes a successful coach and honestly assessing ourselves and what we need. if malcom blight didnt come over to us all those years ago, would he be considered a legend last month? winning a prem involves so many things going right and alot of luck. but you create your own luck. we do so many things right, we just need to get real.

the 97,98 prems was the culmination of alot of hard work from legends of our SA game. it pisses me off, people who say get in the 8 and anything can happen. blighty had the right mixture and enough failures to see and cut through all the bullshit. he lit a rocket under us and legged it and it was an inspired piece of decision making. i mean modra left out? cutting all the deadwood in 97?

This is how you get people across. Most Leaders are competitors and want to challenge themselves and others. Hodge would certainly ruffle feathers but give him the boundaries and he could do wonders

True but the could break the contract and pay them out if they wanted to

its just not the adelaide way. after i came back from living abroad, do you know what drew me back to AFC and AFL again?

the board, Roo coming out and cutting Sandersons contract. i thought at that moment we had what it took to win again.

its just not the adelaide way. after i came back from living abroad, do you know what drew me back to AFC and AFL again?

the board, Roo coming out and cutting Sandersons contract. i thought at that moment we had what it took to win again.

Interesting way to look at it, you wont follow the crows if they arent winning is that what youre saying?

This is how you get people across. Most Leaders are competitors and want to challenge themselves and others. Hodge would certainly ruffle feathers but give him the boundaries and he could do wonders

the true mark of a leader, is how many leaders grow in their wake. leaders beget leaders. i remember comments made by alistair clarkson, and he has a healthy respect for pyke and our club. do not forget, that it was clarkson himself that pitched the idea of going to WC to Mitchell, and moving lewis. it would be very interesting to see pykes views molded with a hawthorn edge.

out of all that, that is what you got from my post? and you call my view an interesting way to look at it? haha you crack me up marty.

hahahahahaha you said, you were drawn back to the club, because of the change the club is making

As much as there are lots of numpties on here they all follow and support the club and dont need being drawn back to the club they will follow and support the club through good and bad they arent flip flops as it appears you are

Remove this Banner Ad

Back