Roast Clarke and Campo need to go.

Remove this Banner Ad

hahahahahaha you said, you were drawn back to the club, because of the change the club is making

As much as there are lots of numpties on here they all follow and support the club and dont need being drawn back to the club they will follow and support the club through good and bad they arent flip flops as it appears you are
context marty, i lived interstate and overseas for many years. i have never stopped supporting the club, NEVER. in one of my first posts, i mentioned going to a borussia dortmund(i wore my AFC beanie) game, and seeing how awesome the fans were over in germany and europe. and it changed how i view my level of engagement. its why im on a forum right now engaging with a stranger about a club we are both passionate about.

i talk alot about hawthorn, i have a healthy respect for them, but god i ******* hate them. i get pissed at the AFC, not because i hate them, but because we can be so much more.

context marty, i lived interstate and overseas for many years. i have never stopped supporting the club, NEVER. in one of my first posts, i mentioned going to a borussia dortmund(i wore my AFC beanie) game, and seeing how awesome the fans were over in germany and europe. and it changed how i view my level of engagement. its why im on a forum right now engaging with a stranger about a club we are both passionate about.

i talk alot about hawthorn, i have a healthy respect for them, but god i ******* hate them. i get pissed at the AFC, not because i hate them, but because we can be so much more.

And they will have their ups and downs like every club even hawthorn, Hawthorn didnt get the number of first rounders by being up the top or in the middle to give them that boost, so they had their turn down the bottom. Wisely by them they chose well when down the bottom that kept them up for a long time

Unfortunatley or fortunatley depending which way you want to look at it as we dont bottom out. So in 4 years time I predict middle of the table as we wont stay up the top thats not how the system works

And they will have their ups and downs like every club even hawthorn, Hawthorn didnt get the number of first rounders by being up the top or in the middle to give them that boost, so they had their turn down the bottom. Wisely by them they chose well when down the bottom that kept them up for a long time

Unfortunatley or fortunatley depending which way you want to look at it as we dont bottom out. So in 4 years time I predict middle of the table as we wont stay up the top thats not how the system works

nope. its not about first rounders, its not about tanking. its not about one isolated issue. it is understanding yourself and your environment. Sigmoid-Curve.jpg

this is a sigmoid curve marty. its the formula of life. what hawthorn did by cleaning out mitchell, lewis, and others, is going through the transition from point A, and laying the foundations for their next assault. they could have kept them, and remained on the purple path.

they use all the tools available to them, trading, salary cap, player development, and of course, free agency and player movement. looking at GWS, the bulldogs, geelong and the hawks, this can be done in 3 years. thats why collingwood and richmond are idiots to keep buckley and hardwick for that long.

we view playing kids as bottoming out and its crazy, because life itself is not a one lane highway on cruise control. everything goes through phases.

nope. its not about first rounders, its not about tanking. its not about one isolated issue. it is understanding yourself and your environment.View attachment 389022

this is a sigmoid curve marty. its the formula of life. what hawthorn did by cleaning out mitchell, lewis, and others, is going through the transition from point A, and laying the foundations for their next assault. they could have kept them, and remained on the purple path.

they use all the tools available to them, trading, salary cap, player development, and of course, free agency and player movement. looking at GWS, the bulldogs, geelong and the hawks, this can be done in 3 years. thats why collingwood and richmond are idiots to keep buckley and hardwick for that long.

we view playing kids as bottoming out and its crazy, because life itself is not a one lane highway on cruise control. everything goes through phases.

I think everyone on this planet know show they ended up with Buddy Hodge Roughead and co dont they!

I think everyone on this planet know show they ended up with Buddy Hodge Roughead and co dont they!
revisit history and you may come to appreciate their level of decision making. theres alot of misinformation around, and it would be wise to dispell myths.

http://www.hawthornfc.com.au/news/2016-10-11/trade-history-getting-pick-one

they traded out their gun for pick 1. I know bicks and a few others are keen on a bumper draft coming up. what im saying is, identify the talent, and do what it takes to get them. be decisive and back our own judgement. i would consider it the ultimate failing as a club, where a homegrown SA lad, goes to VIC or elsewhere because we didnt rate them, or did not do enough to secure them.

the rules are changing constantly, including the CBA, player movement, and draft rules. if we dont change and use everything at our disposal, what hope do we have?

revisit history and you may come to appreciate their level of decision making. theres alot of misinformation around, and it would be wise to dispell myths.

they traded out their gun for pick 1. I know bicks and a few others are keen on a bumper draft coming up. what im saying is, identify the talent, and do what it takes to get them. be decisive and back our own judgement. i would consider it the ultimate failing as a club, where a homegrown SA lad, goes to VIC or elsewhere because we didnt rate them, or did not do enough to secure them.

the rules are changing constantly, including the CBA, player movement, and draft rules. if we dont change and use everything at our disposal, what hope do we have?

You sure youre an Adealide supporter not hawthorn

sorry thats right you just admire them as you explained earlier in the peice although I never asked, and were drawn to Adelaide by the change of direction getting Roo on board

You sure youre an Adealide supporter not hawthorn

sorry thats right you just admire them as you explained earlier in the peice although I never asked, and were drawn to Adelaide by the change of direction getting Roo on board
you didnt take my bait in my last post for you to go for burton? hahahaha

I did say they made the right choices but they did bottom out to get them

What number was Hodge, Roughead , Franklin

I did say they made the right choices but they did bottom out to get them

What number was Hodge, Roughead , Franklin

i cant recall. what i do know, is that they traded out mcpharlin and croad to get it. sounds familiar? we traded out wellman to get our hands on a certain jarman. instead, we moped around playing the victim and the fraud for about 5 years whilst our best players left. we must not be scared to make mistakes.

tanking for picks is a myth. picks without the club framework and culture is useless.

i cant recall. what i do know, is that they traded out mcpharlin and croad to get it. sounds familiar? we traded out wellman to get our hands on a certain jarman. instead, we moped around playing the victim and the fraud for about 5 years whilst our best players left. we must not be scared to make mistakes.

tanking for picks is a myth. picks without the club framework and culture is useless.

They traded out big to get Burgoyne, maybe we should have done the same to get Gibbs

They traded out big to get Burgoyne, maybe we should have done the same to get Gibbs

gibbs, lyons and rockliff right now, with mrouch and sloane and brouch would be nice.

our forward line is stacked. i would like a salary cap analysis and how much of our cap is taken up by our forward line. jenkins, lynch, betts,walker. all big money. Jenkins should never have been re-signed. the play there was to get rocky in, straighten him up, then go for gibbs and retain lyons. cut whoever was necessary. but of course rocky never passed the character and no tattoo test......meanwhile our two best players ever had tattoos on their backs and arms.

gibbs, lyons and rockliff right now, with mrouch and sloane and brouch would be nice.

our forward line is stacked. i would like a salary cap analysis and how much of our cap is taken up by our forward line. jenkins, lynch, betts,walker. all big money. Jenkins should never have been re-signed. the play there was to get rocky in, straighten him up, then go for gibbs and retain lyons. cut whoever was necessary. but of course rocky never passed the character and no tattoo test......meanwhile our two best players ever had tattoos on their backs and arms.

Rocky never said he wanted to come to adelaide, that is the first and biggest hurdle so so many fail to take into consideration

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rocky never said he wanted to come to adelaide, that is the first and biggest hurdle so so many fail to take into consideration
im pretty sure feenix confirmed the rocky scenario.

either way, if there are picket fences, burning pitch forks at the AFC headquarters because of trading out players, then i will view it as a good step forward. did you watch the video on the the hawthorn page link?

im pretty sure feenix confirmed the rocky scenario.

either way, if there are picket fences, burning pitch forks at the AFC headquarters because of trading out players, then i will view it as a good step forward. did you watch the video on the the hawthorn page link?

Im one of the for Gibbs Brigade, major reason he is the only quality player to declare he wanted to come to adelaide , and by quality meaning the team he is leaving definetly doesnt want to see him go

Hawthorn traded a good player for the number 1 pick. The Crows don't get that kind of value, not even for players of Dangerfield's calibre.

yeah, if theres a bigger mug when it comes to trading week than us, its the Fremantle Dockers hahahaha

in all seriousness, trading combines a few factors. timing, control, buyers and sellers, and the marketplace rules. we are masters of none of those elements.

we must learn to embrace trading players, because its players themselves that want this. one day the power will swing back towards the clubs again to reach a balance. the days of daylight robbery at trade week are gone, now its about pitching to players, retention and addressing list weaknesses and premiership tilts. if you follow the soccer, or NBA, you see players joining other teams to make super teams to make history, win cups and join the best coaches. AFL will head down that path, we are not reinventing the wheel.

yeah, if theres a bigger mug when it comes to trading week than us, its the Fremantle Dockers hahahaha

in all seriousness, trading combines a few factors. timing, control, buyers and sellers, and the marketplace rules. we are masters of none of those elements.

we must learn to embrace trading players, because its players themselves that want this. one day the power will swing back towards the clubs again to reach a balance. the days of daylight robbery at trade week are gone, now its about pitching to players, retention and addressing list weaknesses and premiership tilts. if you follow the soccer, or NBA, you see players joining other teams to make super teams to make history, win cups and join the best coaches. AFL will head down that path, we are not reinventing the wheel.

We didn't with Gibbs

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Has Pyke actually brought in any of his own people since coming across? He kept pretty much the entire assistant coaching panel that was in place under Walsh, didn't he? I can understand maybe going with that for the first season just to get a feel for things, but I was expecting him to put more of his own stamp on it at the end of last year and it didn't really happen as far as I can see.

From memory, only 2 clubs exceeded the footy dept tax cap last year and only by a small amount. Paying out coaching contracts is an expensive business and even more so when tax is incurred by paying both the terminated and the replacement. It's often forgotten that we are not a rich football club. We have great crowds and a great oval, but financially we're sailing pretty close to the wind and have done for quite a while.

On the plus side, 12th of July today and no rumour or statement of either of Clarke or Campo being re-signed. Every day like this is a good day.

Adios Muchachos.

From memory, only 2 clubs exceeded the footy dept tax cap last year and only by a small amount. Paying out coaching contracts is an expensive business and even more so when tax is incurred by paying both the terminated and the replacement. It's often forgotten that we are not a rich football club. We have great crowds and a great oval, but financially we're sailing pretty close to the wind and have done for quite a while.

On the plus side, 12th of July today and no rumour or statement of either of Clarke or Campo being re-signed. Every day like this is a good day.

Adios Muchachos.
Don't we have to give coaches 6 months notice they're getting the flick now? Surely it would have leaked if we were planning on moving them on?

Adios Muchachos.
I only do Mexican with tequila.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back