Clarke: 'I quit too soon' - Resuming Grade cricket, not ruling out anything

Remove this Banner Ad

Each to their own - by the way I don't think I'm the Lone Ranger in expressing my view and most probably unlike you I have some personal knowledge of him.

I think it was Sehwag mentioning how a young michael clarke was sledging sachin tendulkar...only to be reminded by sehwag that tendulkar had more centuries than the number of years clarke was alive, safe to say clarkey shut his mouth for a while lolol.

I've heard that Clarkey, Bevan and Chappel (Ian, i think) can be absolute campaigners on and off the field. Clarke was an amazing cricketer but to some a s**t bloke.

Goodluck to him, I don't think anyone (including himself) reckons he can get back to international cricket especially with his body. IMO professional t20 comps would be the limit for him.

Ironic that after he retired, a few blokes like Hayden, Katich and Symonds got stuck in...reckon he is trying to change the publics perception of him?

I think it was someone on BF mentioning that symmo was involved in a gang bang with Lara Bingle and then clarkey started dating her a couple of weeks after, only for symmo to tell him he was an absolute idiot :drunk:...not sure if its true but funny nonetheless

Ironic that after he retired, a few blokes like Hayden, Katich and Symonds got stuck in...reckon he is trying to change the publics perception of him?
I think a TISM track describes Clarke very well

Because he's a narcissist.

If that was problematic to playing professional sport - we wouldn't have much to watch.

Bloke likes playing cricket; so he plays cricket. Seems pretty simple to me.

Big Bash, possibly. Won't do much of note.

IPL, no chance unless it is for peanuts and won't be a starting player.

Big Bash a definite. I know he isn't a big hitter but he is one of the best batsman we've produced since 2000 - his class and profile will mean a decent contract.

IPL maybe not so much.

Big Bash a definite. I know he isn't a big hitter but he is one of the best batsman we've produced since 2000 - his class and profile will mean a decent contract.

IPL maybe not so much.
Arguably the best of this century in the world so far.

People are rather predictably jumping the gun based on their preconcieved Ideas of how much of a campaigner they think Michael Clarke is. All he has done is decide to play grade cricket, with a thought of trying to play BBL at the end of the year. He's not said "I want to play IPL" nor has he ever made any decision in his career based on money.

And despite the fact that In the limited opportunities he had he wasn't very good at T20's he would still make the grade at BBL level.

Arguably the best of this century in the world so far.

People are rather predictably jumping the gun based on their preconcieved Ideas of how much of a campaigner they think Michael Clarke is. All he has done is decide to play grade cricket, with a thought of trying to play BBL at the end of the year. He's not said "I want to play IPL" nor has he ever made any decision in his career based on money.

And despite the fact that In the limited opportunities he had he wasn't very good at T20's he would still make the grade at BBL level.
I am a Michael Clarke fan. I'm just saying based on his health and skillset I can't see him being a success in T20 comps. But hey, if a team wants to throw him a cheap contract, all the best to him and the team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

sen discussed this today. someone postulated that he doesnt need the money, and doesnt play cricket for money. if that's the case, make the comeback and donate all salary to charity.

Maybe don't try and dictate how someone should spend their own ( at this stage hypothetically) earned money?

Singling out Clarke as if he's the first bloke to play t20 after International retirement for money:drunk:

Maybe don't try and dictate how someone should spend their own ( at this stage hypothetically) earned money?

Singling out Clarke as if he's the first bloke to play t20 after International retirement for money:drunk:

maybe dont try and dictate how someone should think

Actually he was appointed captain of the Melbourne Stars but pulled out - leaving them short on a cat and too late to recruit another Aussie player - and so many were happy he did (including me).

As others have mentioned T20 is not his go - so I'm perplexed as to why he's doing this, other than $$$.
The same reason we see ever other ill advised sporting comeback (Plugger, Jordan, Armstrong, <insert boxer here>) from super competitive athletes. These guys spend the majority of their lives pouring everything they have into their sport and they're just unable to let it go at the drop of a hat. They never, ever think they've lost it.

And when you take someone like Clarke, who had his career cut short due to injury, it's not a big surprise. Compare it to someone like Ponting who basically had it drilled into him for two years on the pitch that he had lost it.

Last edited:
Clarke's ego is out of control. Apart from maybe Warney has there been a bigger ego in recent times.
Personally I'd say that, prima facie, an ex-Australian captain going back and playing grade cricket for his local club is pretty much the opposite of egotistical. There's at least one person condemning him here who is constantly bemoaning the decline in quality of grade cricket. If any other top player made this decision he'd be cheering.

But I guess if you have it in for the bloke, you can spin it any way you like.
Hopefully it becomes more obvious to a wider audience
BigFooty Cricket's poison pen strikes again. :rolleyes:

You really are a dog of a bloke. Next time you libel someone, put your name to it.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back