Analysis Clarko in 2019 “We’re a middle of the road team”

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was surprised when 2 talls came in for 2 mids but l can see why now. Apart from couple of rookies the cupboard is bare.

Why were our two highest paid players “managed”. If they are injured tell us ffs.

stop with the utter crap we go on with.
This was explained to you already today.

If we have two players who have recent niggling injuries, you don’t roll them out on that concrete deck with the amount of injuries that come from playing there when you think the ground could make things much worse, and risk losing them for a month or more.

Don’t know that we learnt much today. A demonstration that our midfield without both Tom AND Jom is second rate. Mitch carried an enormous load today. Thought his poor ball use in the second half reflected a player that was absolutely spent by half time. Thought Impey had a good turn in the middle at the end.

Moore, Morrison, Phillips and Cousins would want to lift their intensity next week. Our midfield pressure was poor, ou forward half pressure non-existent.

Last edited:
We currently have half a team that should look to handball before they turn it over kicking it. You can’t rebuild a team like this. How many years is Hartigan signed for? Hopefully we can move him on at end of year. I’d trade Mitchell, even if it’s for a early second. Shiels should play the last half mentoring players at Box hill. Get Reeves/ Downie in for rest of year. Time to rip the bandaid off. Although last night looked like it was already! Maybe play McEvoy full back again. Has lost all his leap.

Wow... rant much???
What I don't need to is your condescending stupidity portrayed as knowledge - none of us do.

I can't help that you ask dumb subjective questions. This is curricular.

You're looking for someone to blame. The head coach is it, as they always are.

Enjoy.

Was flicking around, trying to avoid footy after today's crap.. but caught a minute of fox footy wrap up and bottom of the screen reads "is clarko safe at hawthorn "..... hahahhahahhah hahaha hahahhaha, I pissed myself

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Any coach that hasn't won a final for 6 years and currently looks another 3-4 years off even making the 8 should be in question.

You look at some of the young talent we could have had between say 2017-19 if we were a bottom side those years.

We would be in a much better position than we are now.
How do you know this?

We may have stuffed up the picks.

It's totally subjective depending on which way people choose to view it.

McKenzie has only had two drafts so far, but the direction to chase pace is clear.

Poor us we haven't won a flag in 6yrs this year - tragic.

We have just got to find midfield quality, Draft and FA over the next three years. We need a multitude of improvement. A variety of midfield assets. Inside, outside, bulls, speed, clearance. It is fundamental and critical.
Yes we don’t really have anyone opposition sides would greatly worry about in the middle. Some good players, but every club has good players. We don’t have any superstars who do a lot of damage with ball in hand. We need class ball users and players with speed and goal kicking ability. We do have some who tick those first two boxes playing at half back who should be given midfield minutes as a starting point.

Why were our two highest paid players “managed”. If they are injured tell us ffs.

stop with the utter crap we go on with.

Completely agree, shitting in the fans that turn up every week i Melbourne's face to say " managed" and then dish out that shower of shite.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did Clarkson make a mistake in rehiring Bolton? He is in charge of the midfield and apart from the depth issue has struggled to get cohesion in the group.

We have struggled in this area since Ratts left the club.

Any coach that hasn't won a final for 6 years and currently looks another 3-4 years off even making the 8 should be in question.

You might be right, but I think the get out of jail card is he is a 4-time premiership coach.
At our club.
And probably the best coach available.

Did Clarkson make a mistake in rehiring Bolton? He is in charge of the midfield and apart from the depth issue has struggled to get cohesion in the group.

I wonder the same thing, we have periods in games when our midfield gets completely destroyed. Opposition just wander out of middle at ease. For such a defensive coach ours don't seem to have much.

I am looking forward to us being a middle of the road team again.
Hopefully in '23 we will be on the way up again.
Is what it is mate hey.
Did Clarkson make a mistake in rehiring Bolton?
I said this in my first few posts and got absolutely shot for it.

My dislike comes from what he told carltank to do to Sicily - that ain't coaching (teaching) - it was total petty crap that can't possibly get respect, let alone teach anything to a playing group.

Maybe we need a assistant coach clean out other then McRae and Mitchell we get a whole new group including Bolton. We couldn’t someone like Ayres do the Fagan role has experience in coaching,Recruitment,player development.

“The definition of insanity is playing some players over and over again, but expecting different results and performances.”

Struggle to get why we picked up Hartley on a two year deal, then get Hartigan who is worse and he continues to play while Hartley gets one here and there and actually looks good. Don’t get me started on Brooksby a 30 year old journeyman while we’re going through a rebuild. Begs belief.

Struggle to get why we picked up Hartley on a two year deal, then get Hartigan who is worse and he continues to play while Hartley gets one here and there and actually looks good. Don’t get me started on Brooksby a 30 year old journeyman while we’re going through a rebuild. Begs belief.
At least Hartley can use it. We can't afford to have more than one butcher back there, and that is Frost.

We are were we are and in it is what it is.

I do still think it was the right call at the time to go after JOM and Tom, to try and maintain our lader position while we still had a bunch of our premiership stars.

However it didn't work out, now we need to make some tough calls and rebuild as quickly as we can. That means trading away a couple of our 28+ players whilst we can still get a first round pick for them.

We should have moved on Bruest and Gunston when we had the chance, now we should probably think about moving Tom and possibly Wingard. Think we keep JOM as he will be our next captain and we will need some leadership through the rebuild.

Someone please remind me of how long it took Brisbane after their 3-peat, to be a significant team again!:think:

The price you pay for being successful for a long period of time. AFL system = amateur

What else was on offer when we took Brooksby on?

Any person who thinks a coach who's won 4 premierships, building from the ground up, should not be given the time to go again, should not comment on matters of football at all.

Unless u can raise Alan jeans and put him in, that is...

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back