Analysis Clarko in 2019 “We’re a middle of the road team”

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lewis, Mitchell and Sewell were not noted goalkickers. Combined they averaged about one goal a game.

Our mids stink cos they cannot hit a target by foot. Get some mids who can use the footy well then see what we have got.
A large sum of that is due to how insane our forward line was, it was essentially an AA group. Franklin, Roughread, Gunston, Cyril and Breust leaves little need for a midfielder to kick goals.

Last edited:
I know this was a really, really poor performance but I reckon AC has now invested fully in the long haul rebuild. It has taken time, but the reality is there. He knows.
The Club needs to re-sign him very soon. The place needs to invest in what we have to do in the next years. This is a telling time for the place. We cannot afford to dilly dally. Be hard and commit WHOLE of Club to what is a very substantial task.
After seeing team selection this week do you still hold this view? Nothing appears to have changed in selection - playing kids for the saints was just due to injuries.

After seeing team selection this week do you still hold this view? Nothing appears to have changed in selection - playing kids for the saints was just due to injuries.
Don’t know it you watched the box hill game but no one there deserved a game in the AFL. Only Finn and brockman can be argued to possibly warrant development time in the seniors so we are playing almost everyone we can in the seniors.

It is easy to look at the vfl and examine who isn’t playing but youth in the AFL are going to develop faster in a competitive side as opposed to a non-competitive side. Do you think jeka learned much last week? Or do you think the coaches learned much about how well the four towers forward line will work once we are a better side? I doubt we learned much at all. We don’t have to win a lot but we need to be in matches to develop players and learn what they can do.

Lewis, Mitchell and Sewell were not noted goalkickers. Combined they averaged about one goal a game.

Our mids stink cos they cannot hit a target by foot. Get some mids who can use the footy well then see what we have got.
Less need for midfield goals when you have Buddy Roughead Rioli Gunston Breuest etc up forward...

I'm unsure also but whatever it is we don't have players with the skills and decision making to execute it.

I don't care if we don't have the players, i just want to understand what we are trying to do. Handballing overlap, looked the message of the day. We over-handballed, repeatedly. If that's the game plan, I'm happy to go with it and stick with it, week to week. Players, or not.

Don’t know it you watched the box hill game but no one there deserved a game in the AFL. Only Finn and brockman can be argued to possibly warrant development time in the seniors so we are playing almost everyone we can in the seniors.

It is easy to look at the vfl and examine who isn’t playing but youth in the AFL are going to develop faster in a competitive side as opposed to a non-competitive side. Do you think jeka learned much last week? Or do you think the coaches learned much about how well the four towers forward line will work once we are a better side? I doubt we learned much at all. We don’t have to win a lot but we need to be in matches to develop players and learn what they can do.

You say no one deserves to come up from Box Hill.

But the question should be who deserves to keep their spot in the seniors? Who is going to help us moving forward? We should look at that first and work back from there.

You say no one deserves to come up from Box Hill.

But the question should be who deserves to keep their spot in the seniors? Who is going to help us moving forward? We should look at that first and work back from there.
Why do you think playing kids in the vfl isn’t in their long term interests?

Why do you think playing kids in the vfl isn’t in their long term interests?

I didn't actually say that though, did I?

Obviously it can help with development. But so can playing in the seniors. What can't they learn in the AFL?

Another question would be - why is playing players that have demonstrated that they aren't going to be a part of our future, many times over, in our long term interest?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn't actually say that though, did I?

Obviously it can help with development. But so can playing in the seniors. What can't they learn in the AFL?

Another question would be - why is playing players that have demonstrated that they aren't going to be a part of our future, many times over, in our long term interest?
If we play worse players in the seniors the results will get a lot worse. How are Kosi, Lewis and jeka supposed to learn how to be forwards if we can’t get it past half way?

I don't care if we don't have the players, i just want to understand what we are trying to do. Handballing overlap, looked the message of the day. We over-handballed, repeatedly. If that's the game plan, I'm happy to go with it and stick with it, week to week. Players, or not.

Adam Simpson before the game said “Hawthorn are trying to play like the Bulldogs with lots of handballs to release a player”.

Adam Simpson before the game said “Hawthorn are trying to play like the Bulldogs with lots of handballs to release a player”.
Would be great if some of them went to our own players :huh:

So many were close, but no cigar.

What we're trying, and what we're doing, are poles apart ATM

Sent from my CPH1803 using Tapatalk

Sadly we need a big clear out at the end of the year and load up on draft picks. And the next year, and the year after that.....

correct.

Anyone with any decent currency ie, Breust Gunston Wingard Mitchell should be on the table and we should be flipping them for early picks.

3 picks inside 20 should be the aim.

I'm quite satisfied about the response from AC. He's stopped with the crap about "we matched it with them for 3 quarters, we're just a 10-15 minute patch away from being a quality side". We are in a rebuild, and we're serving up mostly rubbish with some glimmers of promise. History says that in about 30-40 games time, with consistent additions of talent, we'll be fine.

I'm quite satisfied about the response from AC. He's stopped with the crap about "we matched it with them for 3 quarters, we're just a 10-15 minute patch away from being a quality side". We are in a rebuild, and we're serving up mostly rubbish with some glimmers of promise. History says that in about 30-40 games time, with consistent additions of talent, we'll be fine.

Good press conference. Realistic with bits of positive. No bulldust.

Sorry these are not my words, but they are very apt. Many on here will say I continue to be too dramatic, too unrealistic, too extreme by simply quoting them, the HFC has reached a level which in my opinion, does not reflect the bottom of the curve.

Naively or otherwise, the HFC is f..ked, the simple lack of competence and standard is stark, the story will only grow.

“1. List is very poor, massive holes everywhere, lack AFL level skills

2. Gameplan has been found out, no run or dare, stagnant play

Mr Clarkson interfered with #1, that led to list debacle

Mr Clarkson is directly in charge of #2

With last rebuild we got 4 extra 1st round picks for Hay, Thompson, 2 × priority picks.

With this faux rebuild we have given away 3 first and 2 second rounders, plus 1sr round pick Burton and Second round Hill.

Which bone head thought this would work? Well it was A Clarkson, G Wright and approved by J Kennett.

Problem is only 1 of these failures has left and the other 2 are still protecting the ass of the other in their roles.

A dark 5 years awaits this once mighty club”.

Sorry these are not my words, but they are very apt. Many on here will say I continue to be too dramatic, too unrealistic, too extreme by simply quoting them, the HFC has reached a level which in my opinion, does not reflect the bottom of the curve.

Naively or otherwise, the HFC is f..ked, the simple lack of competence and standard is stark, the story will only grow.

“1. List is very poor, massive holes everywhere, lack AFL level skills

2. Gameplan has been found out, no run or dare, stagnant play

Mr Clarkson interfered with #1, that led to list debacle

Mr Clarkson is directly in charge of #2

With last rebuild we got 4 extra 1st round picks for Hay, Thompson, 2 × priority picks.

With this faux rebuild we have given away 3 first and 2 second rounders, plus 1sr round pick Burton and Second round Hill.

Which bone head thought this would work? Well it was A Clarkson, G Wright and approved by J Kennett.

Problem is only 1 of these failures has left and the other 2 are still protecting the ass of the other in their roles.

A dark 5 years awaits this once mighty club”.
Two weeks ago you wanted the board to extend Clarkson immediately, now you're copying over emotional rants from somewhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back