Analysis Clarko in 2019 “We’re a middle of the road team”

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
His play was mediocre, did you actually watch his games or are you just looking back on his meaningless stats? Hawthorn people just don't like to admit when we get one wrong.

I watch games. Hardly anyone expected him to play from the 2nd game onwards. You can go check out the Tom Scully thread as well as game day threads.

He may never have been BOG but he played a number of solid games. Certainly at a level you would expect from a 4th round pick.

Yeah he's cream for a good team.

I don't think it's anything about fashionable, it's just simply he won't produce his best, consistently, in an average team. He's not that type of player. He's been played more in the midfield this year as plenty wanted, and he seems to drift in and out of games even still.

I think in a good team, he's a gun forward 50 player. Early days in Port, he was a nightmare one-on-one, but I think he's lost his leap. He's even lost a fair bit of length in his kicking. Still class on the deck.
How many Hawthorn players have been able to produce their best, consistently in the current team in 2021? Maybe Blake Hardwick

How many Hawthorn players have been able to produce their best, consistently in the current team in 2021? Maybe Blake Hardwick

Ive been surprised by Hartigan. Despite us losing, noone is kicking bags on him.

Scrimshaw has been very good too.

Ironic that our best performers have been defenders despite us losing so often. But looking at our midfield issues and how many I50 teams get against us the defence is doing well.

I watch games. Hardly anyone expected him to play from the 2nd game onwards. You can go check out the Tom Scully thread as well as game day threads.

He may never have been BOG but he played a number of solid games. Certainly at a level you would expect from a 4th round pick.

A 4th round pick is typically a player who may/may not play senior games for your club. The club and supporters had bigger expectations than that on Scully. He was essentially recovered from his ankle by the time he came to the club.

Ive been surprised by Hartigan. Despite us losing, noone is kicking bags on him.

Scrimshaw has been very good too.

Ironic that our best performers have been defenders despite us losing so often. But looking at our midfield issues and how many I50 teams get against us the defence is doing well.
Yep, forgot about Scrim. I have been critical of Hartigan, but he has had a few good games of late, and especially on the weekend

I am all in for Clarko to head the next phase. Putting someone new in charge of a bottom up rebuild is a bad idea. Look at North. Its a brutal place for coaches to be in.

Clarko has the nous and the mettle.

I am all in for Clarko to head the next phase. Putting someone new in charge of a bottom up rebuild is a bad idea. Look at North. Its a brutal place for coaches to be in.

Clarko has the nous and the mettle.

I'm the opposite. I think the clubs in desperate need of a fresh start and starting at the bottom is the best place for a new coach. Especially given Sam is already building relationships with the young guys.

I'm the opposite. I think the clubs in desperate need of a fresh start and starting at the bottom is the best place for a new coach. Especially given Sam is already building relationships with the young guys.

or Sam could take over when finals look a possibility, better for his career

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back