Rumour Clarko to coach Gold Coast in 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
This one has popped up every time my team has lost by a considerable margin this year and I'm fully expecting one of the journos to suggest it again tomorrow after our dismal display in China. The Mark Evans link is obvious and Hawthorn aren't what they once were so Clarko might be inclined to explore new avenues. So what do you guys think? Any truth?

This one has popped up every time my team has lost by a considerable margin this year and I'm fully expecting one of the journos to suggest it again tomorrow after our dismal display in China. The Mark Evans link is obvious and Hawthorn aren't what they once were so Clarko might be inclined to explore new avenues. So what do you guys think? Any truth?
Thought he was splitting his time between Adelaide, West Coast & Collingwood next year.

Are you making up the rumor as you post it here? That's a novelty.
It's been reported in the media several times this year that it's a possibility. If you don't believe me just Google 'Alastair Clarkson Gold Coast Suns'.

Clarkson is going to have a tough time trying to coach about four clubs next year.
He is in a great position TBH. Will have suitors absolutely everywhere and have his choice where he goes and will name his own price.

In saying that will have ever get another team like that of the hawks premiership years. I doubt that.

He is in a great position TBH. Will have suitors absolutely everywhere and have his choice where he goes and will name his own price.

In saying that will have ever get another team like that of the hawks premiership years. I doubt that.

I am picturing Clarkson with a rose that he is preparing to give one of the clubs.

It's been reported in the media several times this year that it's a possibility. If you don't believe me just Google 'Alastair Clarkson Gold Coast Suns'.

You know what, I did exactly that. The first page of search results were all about the flogging GC dished out to Hawthorn a few rounds back...............oh, except for the one where Damien Barret said Clarko could be off to the Suns next year. Based on that, I'd say Clarko ain't goin' nowhere.

You know what, I did exactly that. The first page of search results were all about the flogging GC dished out to Hawthorn a few rounds back...............oh, except for the one where Damien Barret said Clarko could be off to the Suns next year. Based on that, I'd say Clarko ain't goin' nowhere.
I saw Tim Watson on Melbourne's Channel 7 News reporting almost the exact same thing a few weeks back. It's not just Barrett.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I could see the AFL stepping in to make something like this a reality

Would be the proverbial attempt at polishing a turd, the club would still have serious issues, people still wont want to play for them. Issues including.. cannibalising Brisbane fans and no generation of new fans from Gold Coast. Clarkson may be able to change their performance on field but he isn't going to be able to change the things that make a club viable off the field unfortunately.

AFL really hit 2 birds with 1 stone putting a new club up on the Gold Coast... the birds being Gold Coast and Brisbane.

So the AFL can go right ahead and give Clarko some "ambassador payments" but all that shows me is further proof that the AFL don't really have much a clue about anything.

Last edited:
persons unknown have been sighted in the abbottsford area and are contemplating a house with access to the river area
it has extensive views of the city with walkaway areas...

s**t.. just joshing.. cos I am bored... hey pess... these things always get people excited... dubious methods at best...

They would be foolish if they didn't at least enquire. Ask the AFL to help fund it, under the guise that QLD football is shithouse and we suck, please fix our mistakes. (says a lot about my rabble too, lol)

They would be foolish if they didn't at least enquire. Ask the AFL to help fund it, under the guise that QLD football is shithouse and we suck, please fix our mistakes. (says a lot about my rabble too, lol)
enquiry noticed... as to worthy notions about job prospects I am not sure... some people like to have a grab bag of
offers in order to work out which one is worthy or else which one is to throw in the bin... there you go... Clarko has his
work done already... :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back