Coach Clarkson has left the building

Remove this Banner Ad

Stop crapping on about Kennett Clarkson Mitchell

No individual is bigger than the club

The club made the call it was time for change

It's all about Hawthorn and it's future

Clarkson served Hawthorn well.....and the club served him well also

Look to the future now
I agree I am a member of the Hawthorn Football Club.
Not the Kennett Football club or the Clarko Football club or the Mitchell Football club.

Stop crapping on about Kennett Clarkson Mitchell

No individual is bigger than the club

The club made the call it was time for change

It's all about Hawthorn and it's future

Clarkson served Hawthorn well.....and the club served him well also

Look to the future now
I agree with this post, but it is the "Clarkson has left the building" thread

No one is disputing he took the club to the highest level....take a breath !
No one is disputing that he was the best coach in the comp during his early- mid tenure.
But how come TOB gifted the no 23 couldn't get to the next level.....if your a genius coach...MAKE THE BREAK THROUGH !!!!!

Why did Jordan Lewis say Clarko kept ringing Buddy on his holidays after the season wanting to know whether he was staying or going.

Jordan said it pissed Buddy off.......his words not mine!.

These posts from Jeff Kennett sock accounts aren't really contributing much to the thread - this one appears to be written in some sort of code.

Line 1: includes reading instructions
Line 3: (SHOUTING IN CAPS) something about O'Brien wearing Michael Collica and Simon Crawshay's number 23?
Line 5: foxsports... article apparently doesn't include poster's (JK's) words?

No bandwagons here mate . Been a true supporter. Went to the footy as a kid and was there the day at princes park when it went nuts Bruns went down.....would walk side by side every game at princes park with jeansy when after the siren they would walk across the ground to the players race trying to avoid kids and footballs being kicked around. Jeansy had such a powerful aura. No bandwagons mate. No one is disputing the man and the greatness...fact;....but the games change ...people change its not a personal attack....it's observation. Observation-. No Gatorade.......to now Gatorade shower. No long sleeves........now long sleeves........Sam asked about Chad and long sleeves ..."I want Chad to be comfortable in who he is........that's when he plays his best footy. ... ..basically couldnt care about sleeves on a jumpers. It's a form of control....dive deeper. Knocking on a door when your on your holidays is a form of control. When people lose control it unravels. whispers of him talking badly to staff and tantrums.. but it's over and who cares I just want my players happy and seeing Ward and McDonald is so exciting . Personally I think Clarko will struggle coaching newbie kids. Coach just out of AFL says kids today don't have fear of coaches like old days it's all about why ...why are you playing me here....why can't I play there ...they aren't intimidated by powerful coaches. He said it finds coaches out. It's frustrating. Leppa struggled when that kid would always challenge him. ...they nearly come to blows. He said coaches today are going to have the hardest job as each kid has their own ideas about the game. I don't think Clarko has the patience. That's why there has been no growth out of certain players like Worpel...Lewis ..Morrison. I see instantly Lewis and Morrison look refreshed and been in our best players. No bandwagons here mate. .....and I hate Geelong more than anyone on here and I am anticipating this game coming Come on Sam stick it up em.

These posts from Jeff Kennett sock accounts aren't really contributing much to the thread - this one appears to be written in some sort of code.

Line 1: includes reading instructions
Line 3: (SHOUTING IN CAPS) something about O'Brien wearing Michael Collica and Simon Crawshay's number 23?
Line 5: foxsports... article apparently doesn't include poster's (JK's) words?
Don't go bringing in Simon into this.

The great man is above our petty squabbles.

Oh dear........This is better than SNL.

in fairness that's not a high bar, about 20% of SNL is funny - and there's plenty of comedy out there better than that 20%. That show has utterly wasted Kyle Mooney.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was thinking today it was probably a bit of a missed opportunity for the club/ clarko to have him present for a hawks farewell this year. Always next year when we play north but feels like a missing piece not being able to say a proper goodbye to clarko after so long.

Was thinking today it was probably a bit of a missed opportunity for the club/ clarko to have him present for a hawks farewell this year. Always next year when we play north but feels like a missing piece not being able to say a proper goodbye to clarko after so long.
There was a farewell couple of games last year? It was time to move on and bringing clarko back for something like this in Sam’s first year doesn’t make sense to me

There was a farewell couple of games last year? It was time to move on and bringing clarko back for something like this in Sam’s first year doesn’t make sense to me

Would have been no crowds at Clarko’s last few Melbourne games so no crowd farewell - but agree with your other points.

With the current relationship between Clarko and a few in the upper echelons at our club, I just don’t think was possible this year. As Ned says, time to move on, but I reckon he’ll come back in the years ahead when enough water has passed. Plus 3 x 10 year reunions over the next couple of years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back